Meeting Eve

Because of Eve

It’s a slow day for the Fire department. Onew is just hanging out with Minho and Jonghyun, washing the trucks at the headquarters.

“I am quite hungry. I’ll go down to that bistro down the road. Would you like anything?”
“You seem to be in a good mood Minho. Is it your treat?”
“It depends Jonghyun hyung” Minho shrugs and Jonghyun wolf-whistles.
“Are you finally making progress in that cute cashier at the bistro?”
“Maybe”
“This one’s got you good Minho. You have a -eating-grin on your face right now. Ew”
“Just wait till it happens to you Onew hyung. The moment I saw Kibum I wanted to know more about him. And my gut feel was right, he is so interesting and ---“
“Okay okay I got it frog boy, I mean lover boy. Just go and check on your Kibum.”
Jonghyun laughs and jumps in on the teasing.
“Yeah yeah just go get those sandwiches when you get back. I am pretty sure you are going to stay and we’ll need to cover for you. You should at least buy us a sandwich.”
“Thanks guys, I owe you sandwiches”
Minho does a mock salute and goes on to meet up with his Kibum.

“He’s lucky”
“Who are you talking about Jonghyun?”
“Minho and Kibum. It’s like the stars aligned and they met and they are perfect for each other. It’s like destiny hyung.”
Onew shakes his head a bit. “Oh Jjong. You and your cheesy romanticist self. Just go grab your guitar and write their wedding song already”
“Good idea, hyung. Thanks!” Jonghyun runs to their little back room where his guitar is.
“Hey! I was just….joking. Wow, now I have to cover for two lovesick idiots”

As soon as Onew finishes that thought, the phone rang.
Great. Just great. As soon as I am left alone, work calls.
“Hello, Sawol District Fire department, this is Onew, how may I help you?”
“Oh hi there Onew. This is Yeri from Sawol Park Management. Is it a busy day in the station?”
“Not really ma’am.”
“Great. We are planning to set up lights in the trees and it would be nice to have help. The truck ladders would help us loads. The district head said the fire department could spare at least 2 trucks.”
“Okay ma’am we’ll be there in 30 minutes.”
“Thank you Onew. See you in while. And don’t worry, snack are on us.”
“Thanks ma’am have a nice day.”
Time to get some work done.

“Yuta, Taeyeong, Jaehyun!” Onew shouts to get the three’s attention.
“Ne sunbaenim?”
“We got some light work to do today. We were asked to help the Park Management to set up the holiday lights. We will be bringing two trucks. I will drive one, Yuta you are with me. Taeyeong, you drive the other one and Jeahyun will accompany you. We leave in five. Understood.”
“Yes!”
The three younger team members scrambled and got ready for their assignment. It was not the first time they were doing this. They also help set up festival lights when the department is not that busy.
Onew drops by Jonghyun’s room to inform him about the work he got.
“Hey Jjong. We got a light set up assignment. See you tomorrow.”
“Okay bye hyung. Still waiting for you to fall in love. They way Minho fell for Kibum, and the way I fell in love with Music.”
“Whatever Jjong. We’re going”
Jonghyun just shrugs and continues writing on his music sheets.

Onew’s team arrives at the park 20 minutes later and they met up with Ms. Yeri. Yeri was glad to have help and if you look closely the three younger firemen’s also lit up when they saw the beautiful lights they were setting up. It took around two hours to set up the lights in the central area of the park. Next up is the outer parts of the park. This is where the truck come in handy since it would be easier to set up tree lights using the truck’s ladders.

As Onew was driving Yuta and two more park management personnel to the next set of trees, he saw something white in a smaller tree nearby. He shrugged it off as a trick of the light and parked near the next line of trees so the others could do their job and set up the lights. As soon as he parked he saw it again. He was a bit bothered and decided to go down and have a look.

“Yuta. Can you take the wheel? I just need to go check something.”
“Sure hyung. Be careful.”
“Thanks Yuta.”

Onew then walks toward the shorter tree and looks up the branches. He saw it now. It was a white kitten. It seems to be trying to get down but it’s not sure how to.
“Hey kitty. You seem stuck.”
The kitten whined a little and Onew notices the small plate on its collar.
“Oh did you run away? Or are you lost?”
Onew then decided to go get that kitty. The poor kitten seems so confused on how to get down.
“You wait here, I’ll just go get a ladder okay.”

Onew jogs back to the truck and takes the smaller ladder.
“Hyung what happened?”
“It’s just a cat but it seems stuck. I’ll go get it.”
“Need help hyung?”
“No just handle the truck. That’s already help itself. Thanks Yuta”

Onew jogs back to the tree with the ladder in tow.
“I am back kitty. I am Onew by the way. Calm down okay. I’ll come and get you.”
Onew set up the ladder and easily climbs to get the kitten. He reached out and the kitten moves closer. It Onew’s finger and a bit and nuzzled his hand.
“Aww, poor kiity. I got you now.”
Onew hold the kitten in his hand and climbs down. He leaves the ladder by the tree and goes back to the truck, little kitten safely tucked in his arms.
“Oh it a cute little kitten!” Yuta exclaimed.
“Yeah it’s adorable. Can you please do me a favor and get the ladder back. My hands are kinda full with this cute little kitten.”
“Sure hyung. No problem.”
Onew settles in the driver’s seat, kitten still snuggled to him.
“Cute thing. What should we do with you now?”
“You can bring it to the park’s Pet Lost and Found”
“Oh sir. Are you done with the lights?”
“Yes that was the last set of lights we have. We can show you to the Lost and Found Area.”
“That would be nice. Thank you Sir.”
“Yuta, they say there’s a lost and found for pet’s in the park. Could you drive the truck while I hold the kitten?”
“Seems like you are getting attached hyung.”
“No not really” Jinki chuckles. “It has an owner and I am pretty sure that person is looking for this little kitty here. “
“Oh? Are you sure hyung?”
“Yup, the collar says: I’ll find you”
“Seems like the owner expects it would get lost or something.”
They both chuckled a little and they settled in to drive to the pet lost and found.

It looked like a small animal shelter with a small pen and several cages. A few benches were also set up, probably as waiting are for owners. They rang the bell in the counter and a young man entered “Hi I am the caretaker, Jongin, how may I help you?”
“We found this kitten stuck in one of the trees” Onew said.
“Oh! Taemin-ah~”
Another young guy shows up and suddenly exclaims
“Eve~~~”
The kitten in Onew’s arm suddenly wriggles and Onew had to set it down on the floor. It ran straight to the raven haired guy that just entered the room.
“Oh Eve I am so sorry.” He hugged the kitten tight. The raven haired guy then checked the kitten, apparently named Eve, for any damages. “I am so glad you are alright.
The guy then walked towards Onew and smiled “Thank you for finding Eve.”
And at that moment, Onew finally understood what Minho meant.

____________________

 

A/N:

I decided to cut it into parts so here's the first one ;0

Hope you're enjoying it. Thanks for reading!

~AnotherWriter