Part 6.

Pet Dog

"Unnie, do you want to know the real reason why I asked Yuju unnie?" 

Yerin laughs. "Why are you asking me that?"

ShinB sighs, "I feel weird bottling everything up inside me," she pouts.

Yerin looks at the girl and sees a tinge of bashfulness written on her face. 

"She did ask me why I asked her..." ShinB goes on anyway before Yerin answers her.

"So what did you say?" Yerin curiously asks. 

"I said..." she bites her lips. Should I really tell? ShinB asks herself, but decides to go with it anyway. "I said I was going to ask Yerin unnie then I remembered that Yuju unnie scored the best in the petsitting test and I said that if Yerin unnie wanted a dog you'd want one on your own," ShinB rushes through her words, embarrassed.

Yerin starts to roll on the ground laughing, not replying the younger girl whose cheeks are by now already burning and red. 

"It was true! What I said was true!" ShinB exclaims to defend herself, feeling attacked by the response.

"Yes what you said about me is true, but why then did you ask me if I wanted to know the real reason?" Yerin is obviously having a great time by herself while ShinB faces a strong internal debate.

"Yahh, don't be silent," Yerin nudges the younger girl. "You're the one who said you feel weird bottling everything up."

"Because I actually wanted to have a puppy with Yuju unnie- I wanted to have something special with her!" ShinB finally admits. She looks down to the ground and lets her hair cover those red cheeks, biting her lip in embarrassment.

While Yerin teasingly giggles, ShinB decides to ignore and moves away to seat herself before the sleeping puppy. She finds herself its tiny body and smiling as it peacefully sleeps. "Aigoo you're such a real baby," she mutters.

The two girls turn around as the door opens and they see Yuju coming in with a huge bag in hand.

"What took you so long, unnie?" ShinB asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"Ah, I told Manager nim to drive me to the pet supplies shop and got a pee pad for Nabi," Yuju casually answers, "So we don't have to worry about her messing up the floor again."

ShinB smiles at how considerate she is. Yerin too, smiles, at the way ShinB is looking at Yuju.

"I'm going to sleep," she states and stands up, "Good night."

"Good night unnie," ShinB and Yuju say at the same time, which almost makes Yerin burst out in laughter but she tries to hold it in.

"Unnie, gomawo," ShinB mutters once Yerin is out of sight.

"Ani, it's nothing," Yuju smiles and hands the bag over to ShinB.

"No not this," ShinB answers, "I mean, for agreeing to have Nabi with me," she says with a tinge of bashfulness.

Yuju stops her actions and smiles. "No problem, unnie likes having Nabi with you too," she warmly replies before walking away. 

Unbeknownst to the reddening of ShinB's face behind her, Yuju too, feel her cheeks warm up and goosebumps forming all over her arms. 

Why do I feel like this? the two of them ask in their own hearts.