Conflict

Conflict Of Interest

 

Image result for Yoonkook gifImage result for Vkook gif

The door squeaked as I entered openf the dark apartment. I flipped the light to the living room expecting to Yoongi, only to be proved wrong by his absence. I flipped on the light of the washroom hoping to find him. Before I could make my way upstairs I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist making me scream in fear. I was dropped following the sound of laughter, Yoongi’s laughter. I quickly turned to see him clutching his stomach in a corner as he caught his breath. I smacked his shoulder in an attempt to get him to stop. His laughter stopped as he rose to his feet. I crossed my arms as I stared at him.

 

“You know there are other ways to greet someone right?” I asked

 

He smiled as he crossed his arms mockingly. “Well you looked a little tired so I thought I’d wake you up a bit.”

 

“Why?” I asked raising a brow.

 

“So you’ll still be awake by the time I get back.”

 

Get back from what?” I asked

 

His smile widened at the question. “I promised my apprentice that I’d let him pick the photo shoot spot this time.”

 

I rolled my eyes at the mention of his ‘apprentice’ “Why don’t you just call him by his real name?”

 

He scoffed at the question. “And let myself feel deprived of my position of power, I couldn’t do that to myself.”  The sound of knocking interrupted his gloating.

 

He turned to the door excitedly. “There he is right now.”

 

“What no goodbye kiss?” I asked jokingly. He let go of the knob as he turned towards me swiftly placing a kiss onto my cheek. My eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected action. I snapped out of my shock only to realize he was gone.

 

Yoongi POV

 

I snapped another photo before turning to Jungkook who’d been staring at me.

 

“I know I’d be a beautiful shot but you're supposed to be taking photos of this.” I said pointing to the direction of the skate park. He continued to stare at me in silence. I waved a hand in front of

his face. ”Are you okay?”

 

He snapped out of his gaze with a sigh. “I could be asking you the same thing.”

My eyebrows furrowed. “What do you mean?”

 

“You’ve been quieter than usual.”

 

I sighed as I draped my camera over my shoulder. “We almost kissed...and then we kinda did.”

 

His eyes widened as he gripped my shoulders. “What do you mean kinda?”

 

“I just kissed his cheek but I don’t think he noticed that I completely freaked out.”

 

He chuckled as he released my shoulders. “Good but...have you ever considered that telling him wouldn’t be such a bad thing.”

 

I felt my shoulders shrug as I began contemplating the question. “Honestly I don’t kn-.” I was cut off by the sound of yelling. Our heads turned to the direction of the voices to see a young boy around Jungkook's age being gripped by a man who’d obviously been older than him. The yelling was silenced by the sound that resembled the cracking of a whip. The boy’s head flew to the side as his hand flew up to his face. From my peripheral vision I saw Jungkook flinch away. I felt my fists clench in anger as I made my way towards the two. “Hey!” I yelled making the man turn towards me. “What do you think you’re doing?” I felt Jungkook grip my shoulder stopping me before I could reach him. “Do you want me to call the cops?” The comment clearly affected the man as he began to back away from the boy, not before sparing a glare at the young boy. Jungkook had  been analyzing the boy for a while as if he’d recognized him. The park stayed silent for a moment until Jungkook finally spoke.


“Taehyung?”