For The First Time

For The First Time
Please log in to read the full chapter
For The First Time Final   Minjung is looking at her girlfriend. The smaller girl is standing on tip toes, her hair touching her as she stretches to reach the top of the tree. She has spent the afternoon decorating it, singing Christmas carols from a repeated playlist and Minjung has spent the most of the afternoon observing her. Junghee is cute like this. She’s dressed in a soft hoodie that is far too big for her small frame and a pair of hot pants that is covered mostly by the hoodie. Her legs are bare as are her feet. Roo is sleeping in her bed in front of the fireplace.

When Junghee sinks to her feet with the golden star still in her hands, Minjung has to suppress her chuckles with a wide smile. The tree is shining with silver Christmas ornaments, shiny red hearts and fake snow for the last finish. There are artificial lights on the tree, ready to be plucked in when she steps away and there’s place for the actual candles Junghee wants to place on the tree tomorrow evening.

“It looks beautiful,” she says and Junghee huffs. Minjung reaches a hand out when she walks closer and when she’s close enough she grabs Junghee’s waist and pulls her close to her chest. “Do you need help with the star?”

Junghee leans closer into Minjung’s chest but then snorts a little.

“No.”

Her answer has Minjung raising an eyebrow in question.

“Really?”

Junghee nods and turns around in her embrace.

“Yes. I don’t need your tall to put the star on top of the tree. I’ll find a way.”

She sounds so determined that Minjung can’t do anything but nod and send her a smile.

“Of course!”

Minjung doesn’t really doubt her girlfriend, the woman is determined and finds a solution to everything. There are plenty of moments where Junghee’s determination awed Minjung.

“But first let’s eat, mmh? The cookies are done.”

Junghee’s eyes gleam with a childish excitement when she frees herself of Minjung’s arms and skips to the kitchen. Minjung can’t help her laughter. Junghee has already started on a cookie when Minjung enter the kitchen and Junghee sends her a sheepish smile.

“They’re good,” she says and eats the rest before she grabs another and is about to leave the kitchen. Minjung blinks a little.

“Where are you going?” she asks and Junghee rolls her eyes.

“Star,” she mumbles, mouth full of chocolate cookie. Minjung snorts but lets go of her girlfriend. The star must be bothering her a lot. She is about to put the rest of the cookies in a can, cookie hanging from , when she hears the click-clack of Junghee’s heels on the wooden floor. She would have snorted had she not had full of cookie.

Junghee complains less than 2 minutes later and when Minjung peeks out into the living room and in the general direction of their Christmas tree she notices that it is still without a star.

Junghee staggers into the kitchen in too tall heels and grabs another cookie from the can before Minjung can put the lid on. She rests her head on Minjung’s chest while she looks around in the kitchen. Minjung dips her head so she can smell the vanilla scent from Junghee’s shampoo that is making Minjung’s heart speed up. Junghee pulls away suddenly with a squeal. Minjung watches amusedly as Junghee pulls a chair from the kitchen to the living room.

The scream of fear that sounds 5 minutes later has Minjung scrambling from the kitchen and into the living room. Her girlfriend is clinging onto the back of the chair, her legs unstable in the high heels as she stands on the chair. She’s also too far away from the tree to be able to reach the top without falling into the tree and ruining it. She huffs annoyed when Minjung helps her from the chair.

“Let me help you with the star, baby,” Minjung murmurs but Junghee frowns. She’s still looking at the tree, star in her hand as she mumbles curses towards the decorated plant. She ignores Minjung. Minjung sighs, presses her lips gently to her stubborn girlfriend’s temple before she sits on the couch.

The TV is playing a Christmas movie Minjung has seen way too many times. She sneaks peeks towards Junghee who seems more and more interested in the romantic movie playing on the TV screen than the troublesome star.

When Minjung reaches a hand out towards her, Junghee hurries to place the star on the coffee table and sink onto the couch with Minjung. She grabs her hand and laces their fingers together. Minjung is looking at her girlfriend instead of the movie as Junghee is into the world of the two main characters and their romantic troubles before they get each other in the end. Minjung can see the tears threatening to spill onto Junghee’s cheeks but she doesn’t say anything, just rubs her thumb over her warm hand. Junghee sniffles and looks at Minjung when the two main characters kiss and the ending text starts rolling over the screen.

“I’m not crying,” she mumbles but the tear tracks down her cheeks are unmistakable. Minjung doesn’t say anything, just places a hand on her cheek and gently removes a tear before she dips in for a kiss. Junghee sighs into the kiss and unlaces her fingers from Minjung’s so she can climb into her lap and lace her fingers into Minjung’s blonde hair instead.

When they gently pull from each other Minjung is smiling and Junghee is so beautiful that Minjung feels her heart skip a beat.

“I love you,” Minjung says and Junghee sends her a grateful smile. She doesn’t have to say the words back because Minjung knows she loves her too. Junghee says it more often than Minjung d
Please log in to read the full chapter