Fourteen

Is this even possible?

With a sudden impulse I glanced once around, and went to take my coat. Then, lingering long, I stayed in front of the door wandering if I should tell the girls where I’m leaving.  A strange sensation caught me. Yes this is something new. Strange, strange.

“What are you doing there? Amy asked me.

“Uh umm... I’m going to take some air...” I said with my WTF-I’m-doing-voice.

“What? Why? Just tell me the truth already would you?”

“Okay well…umm...Jay called me just now and I’m going to see him...”

“Are you crazy? Are you going alone? You don’t even know Seoul that well!”

“No, don’t worry, I mean yes alone, but he is here, he is waiting for me in the front.”

“Oh okay then, and why the hell didn’t you tell us?”

“Just because... You know actually when you asked me about what I was doing, I was contemplating about if I should tell you or not.”

“Of course you should! Are you crazy?”

“Anyway I should go already, he is waiting for me!!”

“Yes go, take care, if anything happens call me and be careful okay?”

“Yes, yes mom! A! How do I look?”            

“Good, not perfect but it will work.”

“Thanks I guess!” I said with my I-don’t-know-if-this-is-a-compliment-or-no tone.

“Have fun and take care!”

“Yeah, yeah, bye!!” I said and went out. I am glad to have the opportunity to stay with him, I really like him. I know this is fast but when it happens I can’t control it. My feelings, I’m talking about my feelings here.

Once I was out I could see him. He is staying in front of me near a car. I stopped for a second to take a better look at him. He couldn’t even notice that I’m in front of the door. He was lost in his thoughts. I will pretend that I don’t care that he didn’t noticed me, but I’m obviously disappointed. He pulled out his watch. I don’t think it took me that much to get ready...It seem that he was enjoying this waiting time too, he was smiling while he was looking at the watch. Finally he saw me. I am already halfway thru him. He looked up and down the street maybe looking if there are some paparazzi or something. I did the same. But no, nothing that looked like it. He hurried to the car door and opened for me without a word. Once we were in the car he locked the doors and put my seatbelt carefully. He the radio and the engine began to rattle behind us. He smiled wide at me and drove off.

So I’m waiting patiently in silence to see what might happened, while he started to drive to God knows where. The anticipation is killing me.

The traffic is inexistent because is Christmas and everyone is home with family and friends, everyone except us of course. We saw some random cars from time to time but that’s all. The city is silent and nice, full of Christmas trees and festive lights around the streets, magical vibes. I love Christmas, but who doesn’t?

It’s so odd, Jay seems to ignore me for some reason, I think he is lost in his thoughts and I don’t know what to do or say, it is a heavy air in here I need to breathe, so I press the button from my right arm to open the window. Yes much better, I can feel the cold air on my face,the air is filled with Christmas carols, is relaxing. I looked at him but nothing, he is focused on the road. So I decided to enjoy the trip, don’t mind him and go with the flow like a dead fish. At the radio is Baby Baby by Winner. So appropriate right?  Jay glanced at me. I didn’t really see it cause I’m looking on the window but I felt it. He reaches out to me, to lay his right hand on my thigh, pressing gently. My breathing stopped.

“Are you hungry?” He asked me with a soft tone.

“I’m not that hungry!” I managed to answer.

“To be honest I am hungry but if you don’t want to eat, then we are not going to stop to eat.” He said with his eyes on the road.

“You have to eat something! You can’t stay like this! Let’s go to eat.” I said while I took my eyes off the window and looked at him.

“I know a place which is nonstop, and I’m sure it will be open tonight too. We are going there.” He said. He pressed gently on my thigh again and then he puts his hand on the wheel, pressing the accelerator pedal. I feel pushed into the chair. God, this is a really fast car. After an hour of  driving and radio music Jay stopped the car.

“Here we are!” He said.

“Here?!” I asked curious.

“Yes the place we can eat.”

“LOL I totally forgot about it.” I said and opened the door. ”But you drove so far just to eat?”

“Far?!”

“Umm, yeah this place is like an hour from BamBam place.”

“No, is not far, it’s on the way. That’s why I sopped here to eat.”

“On the way? Where are we going?” I must be crazy to go out at 10 p.m. with a stranger which is not exactly a stranger but still a stranger to God knows where. It is a little bit stupid and now I realize it. What I was even thinking about? Okay is not the time to be like this, I have to get my together and see what will happen, if something is suspicious I will send texts to the girls and maybe to the police as well.

“It’s a surprise!” He answered and I sapped back to reality.

“It’s a pleasant one or no?” I asked.

“I hope it will be a pleasant one!”  He answered and opened the door from restaurant for me.

I smiled at him. I am trying my best not to do something stupid just because he doesn’t want to tell me where are we going. I really hope that will be a pleasant surprise for me too. LOL okay it’s official, I’m watching way to many Korean Damas hahah.

Imagini pentru yacht in seoul at night

The restaurant is near the Han River, is a modern building and is seems that you can rent a yacht or just visit one in this place. Oh I wish I could go and sail on the river but we have to eat and leave, because I have to do what I have to do right? Jay has a plan and we have to stick to it right? Plus I have no right to make suggestions and we are not that close anyway.

Imagine similară

 

The restaurant area is actually upstairs, is big and modern with flowers and a window wall to view the river and city from which makes the experience incredible. Overall it’s a great place. But it’s empty. Maybe the food is not that good here. No, I’m sure that’s not it, it looks expensive I’m sure the food is great.

“I haven’t been here for a while.”

He raised his eyebrows, simulating curiosity, and I couldn’t help but laugh. The waitress takes our drink order. She's blushing when she sees Jay and avoids visual contact with him. She must know him, damn! Everyone knows him! Now I’m glad that we are the only ones in here.

“Two glasses of Pinot Grigio, please!” Jay said with an authoritarian voice. I glared at him

“What?” he asked me with a smirk.

“I would rather drink a Cola…” I whispered.

“Those here have an honorable Pinot Grigio and it will be great with the food, no matter what food you will choose.” He said patiently.

“So I can choose anything I want?”

“Yes!” He begins to show his dazzling smile and my mind is going crazy. I can’t understand how is he doing it. I mean with every small action made by him my mind is overwhelmed and I can’t think right anymore.

The waitress brings us glasses of wine, and I immediately taste a little. the waitress is here and I was too busy to think about Jay to make up my mind of what should I eat. I was staring at the white cardboard, covered with golden writing.

“Do you need some help with that?” Jay asked patiently.

“Yes please, actually, would you mind if you will order for me?”

“Not at all. It will be my pleasure!” he said and then stared to talk in Korean with the waitress.

“Thank you!” I said and smiled at him, while the waitress went back to the kitchen.

“So are you ready for some questions?” I asked him and giggled.

“What kind of questions? Are we at some interview or something?” He joked.

“Oh come on! I have my curiosities about you…”

“If you think about it you know much more things about me then I know about you, I mean you can read a lot of things about me in the media, but I can’t discover things about you so easily.” 

I remained stunned by his answer and it took me some good seconds to think about what should I say to him next. “True but those are things that everyone knows about you, don’t worry I will not ask your personal questions I promise.”

“Okay let’s hear it! What are you curious about?” He asked.

“Okay the thing is, I don’t understand how did you know where to find me when you called me tonight?”

“I live in the area and I passed by Bambam home with my car when you all went in.” He informed me.

“Oh okay, now make sense.”

The waitress broth us the food we ordered. Everything is looking so good, and it’s my first time in my life seeing this kind of dishes. I can’t wait to taste it. The waitress started to speak in Korean again with Jay. After three or four words she went back to the kitchen. I don’t think she likes to be ignored by Jay. I finally tasted the food. It is delicious indeed. I love it! Me and Jay were looking at each other simultaneously smiling. I giggled and he leaned his head to one side.

“Is BamBam your boyfriend? Do you like him?” Jay suddenly asked, and I almost choked myself with this amazing food.

“Whaaat? Who?? BamBam?” I started to laugh. Why is he asking me that? LOL

“No. He is a friend, actually you know Amy? She likes him, and she introduced us to him and Got7 boys. Why would you think something like that?”

“You are always at his house, and you are always hanging out with him.” His gaze supports mine. It's so disturbing. I want to look elsewhere but I'm trapped – spelled.

“We are all hanging out together, they are fun and if something will happen between Amy and Bambam it is even better.” I said. Jay nod apparently pleased with my response.

“You want to taste this?” He asked playfully and his smile is back on his face.

“Yes sure!” I said and I fix my eyes on the food.

“You seem uneasy in the men presence.”

Just in your presence. God damn this is personal plus I have a lot of trusting issues with new people. Okay my mini-panic-attack from earlier almost passed I mean, he is not going to kill me and sell my organs or anything.

“I find you intimidating.” I congratulate myself for my sincerity and I fix my plate with my eyes. I can hear him how he is taking a big breath.

“You are very honest. Please don’t look dawn anymore.” I look at him and he is giving me a smile for encouragement.

“I don’t have anything to hide.” I said and he looked at the watch.

“We have to go. We have something to do. Are you ready?” He said.

“Yes I’m done, it was delicious thank you.” I said. He gave me my coat and shows that smiles of him which says “I have a really big secret”.

“It was my pleasure. Come on.” He said and stretches his hand thru me. I take his hand, amazed and we walked out from the restaurant.

We are walking thru the pontoon. The view is amazing. I’s already Christmas but we haven’t see the snow yet, everything looks like a late autumn. I like the feels. Autumn is my favorite season so I’m enjoying this much more than he thinks.

Imagini pentru yacht in seoul at night

“It’s so beautiful here!” I said while I was looking around, after a small pause I spoke again. When I was little I used to live at the sea side with my family, but when I was 10 we moved in London where I met my best friends Amy and Sarah. Although I lived at sea side I’ve never been on a yacht before. Don’t get me wrong I was on all kind of ships but never on a yacht.”

He looked surprised.” Seriously?! You haven’t? Then…”.He let go of my hand and run on the yacht which was in front of us. “Hop on!” He said and stretches his hand thru me.

“Jay are you crazy? What are you doing? Come dawn already!” I shouted.

“It’s okay! Don’t worry!” He said and made me a sign to come. “Oh come on!”

“I don’t like this but I like it you know…” I said and took his hand. Before you could say Jack Robinson I was on board.

“Jay Park I swear, you are not normal!” I said and smiled at him. He went up behind the steering wheel and started fooling around. I can’t believe what I just watched. ”Dude come dawn, what are you doing?”

“Relax, why can’t we have some fun?!” He said and smiled at me. “Come up here, you should see how beautiful the view is!”

“Umm okay, but just for the record, what we are doing here is not legal at all!” I said and went up at him.

“Come here!” He took my hand and dragged me in front of the steering wheel. “Try it yourself!”

“Are you kidding me? What are we? Kids?” I asked with my, you-have-to-be-crazy tone.

“You are not fun at all!” He said.

“What? Not fun?” Haha! I can tell that he doesn’t know much about me…ahh and I wanted to look and act more mature here in Koreea why is he making me to show him my real self. Oh I really wanted to look more mature and get my together, I mean I’m pretty childlish, Amy and Sarah, they know that very well, but with others I like to be the mature one, who seems to know what is she doing. Anyway here we go, prepare yourself Jay Park I hope you can handle this. I hope you can handle me, my true self.