Miracles do happen

Miracles do happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                         

                                                   

 

Chapter 5                                                                  

                 

Oh Sehun hated birthdays. Oh yes he did.

                   

What was the need to celebrate birthdays anyway? Its just a reminder that you are one year closer to death.

Yes, that’s what Oh Sehun thought.

 

 

 

And this why he refused when his mom asked him about his plans for a birthday party. Sehun still cringes on the memory of the birthday cake all over his pretty face while his parents were standing and laughing. His cousin Kyungsoo shoved the cake in Sehun’s mouth when he was just 3 for Christ’s sake!

 

It was April which meant that Sehun had to deal with his yearly-problem once again. His mother was all giddy while planning his birthday. For the last 2 years they had not celebrated his birthday because not only his mind but the whole body as well retorted at the idea of a birthday. When Sehun was five, he developed severe cough and cold although it was sunny outside. This resulted in the boy sleeping in his room all day. When Sehun was six, he fell down the stairs when his mother wished him happy birthday all of a sudden. This resulted in the boy having a temporary fracture. He refused to look at his mother for days. He does not even wanted to talk about his seventh birthday.

 

And here he is at it again. All birthday cake and .

 

 

                                                                               ~*~

 

 

It was an eventful sunny afternoon and Oh Sehun was plotting world domination.

 

 

Kidding.

 

 

He was planning to ruin his birthday party. He was engrossed in deep thoughts when a certain someone decided to ruin the moment.

 

Luhan sneaked behind Sehun who was sitting on a bench in the park. There were not a lot of people as Sehun usually preferred quite places. He had a book in his hand but his eyes were fixed on the two birds on the ground. Sehun was bored to the extent that he started making dialogues in his mind which he hoped the birds were saying.

 

Luhan tried to keep his breath in but ended by stepping on a stick which brought Sehun out of his reverie. He turned around to see little devil behind. On seeing Luhan, Sehun smiled and gestured him to sit down.

 

Luhan waddled towards the bench on his tiny feet and sat down. He had two ice creams in his hands. One was chocolate and the other was of course, vanilla. Sehun loved Vanilla flavored ice cream. Soon both of them were eating their while stealing glances of each other.

“Sehunnie”

“Yeah?”

“When is your birthday?”

Did he just mention birthday?

Sehun froze for a second and stared at Luhan who had a wide grin etched on his face. Why was Luhan asking him this now? Did he knew about Sehun’s plans?

“Uhh…it’s on 12th April. Why?”

Luhan gave him a questioning look which made Sehun regret his life choices. But soon after, Luhan’s eyes twinkled 10 times brighter as he launched himself on the confused Sehun saying “Same! Same!”

Luhan wrapped his arms around Sehun’s neck while yelling in his ears. Seriously, the boy needed to learn some manners.

With a lot of difficulty (and whining) Sehun was able to calm him down and make him sit on the bench without launching again.

“So your birthday is on 12th April too?” Great. Just great.

Sehun gave him a perplexed look when Luhan shook and nodded his head at the same time. Sometimes, okay many times, Sehun was totally convinced that the boy was being controlled by some evil spirits.

“Nope Sehunnie! My birthday is not on 12th April! It’s on 20th in the same month!” Luhan said him with signature ear-to-ear grin earning a smack from Sehun.

“Then what were you so excited about?!” Sehun scolded the boy who was still as confused as a potato.

“Its just that I never celebrated my birthday before with any friends. My mom and dad always took me to dinners that I quite didn’t enjoy.” Luhan said as he looked at the two birds talking to each other.

Then it all became clear to the dense ice prince. Luhan had never had a real birthday party. In addition to that, it was his prince charming’s birthday, who surprisingly hated birthdays. But this was news to Luhan, as he didn’t have a single clue about the typhoon in the taller’s head.

Sehun felt bad for Luhan. He didn’t have a single birthday party even though he wanted one so badly. While on the other hand was Sehun, who had countless tries to celebrate a birthday, but managed to ruin every single one of them.

The taller swallowed his pride and said the most unbelievable thing.

“Uh..cool. So do you like cake?” Great Oh Sehun.

Luhan beamed at the mention of a cake and his mood suddenly became better. He eagerly nodded, earning a small smile from Sehun.

“Yes! I love cake! My mom never lets me eat cake! She says it’s unhealthy…”

Okay, now Sehun felt really bad for Luhan. What kind of parents deny cake to a baby?

“So Luhan, wanna celebrate birthdays together? I mean I was planning my birthday party anyway, so celebrating it with you will be fun.”

Right? Birthdays were fun. Anything for his princess.

Upon hearing this, Luhan again launched himself on the blushing Sehun who had no idea what he just said.

“YES! YES! I WANT TO CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY WITH YOU!”

Luhan jumped on the bench, while the ice cream was long forgotten. Sehun smiled at him and held his hand to calm him down. Luhan blushed to the core when he realized Sehun was holding his hand and decided to quietly sit down to hide his unhealthy blushing.

 

The rest of the evening went by at Luhan’s house, who made his mom agree to the idea. The birthday was going to be celebrated at Sehun’s place, as it had a big space, on 16th April. They chose this date as it was between their birthdays and no one wanted the other to feel sad.

 

So it was all set. The preparations have begun!

 

 

Mrs. Oh was the incharge of the decorations, while Mrs. Lu was handling the food and drinks. Luhan and Sehun made pretty invites, each with a big heart. The heart was Luhan’s idea, which pissed Sehun off, but did he have a say against his princess? Nah.

 

12th April 20XX

They decided to eat dinner together on their original birthdays. It was a simple dinner with both the families chatting happily. It was Sehun’s birthday and he didn’t seemed that excited even if he tried to.

 

He tried to smile, but his grin was as creepy as the joker. It felt like he was plotting a murder. After finishing the dinner, the Lus gave their gifts to Sehun. He got a new book set from Luhan’s parents.

 

Mrs. Lu handed over the heavy set to Sehun, while Luhan was clinging on to her leg. The expression on Sehun’s face was priceless. He was flabbergasted to get the book set he had been longing for past a month. And then he remembered.

 

Flashback~

 Luhan and Sehun saw that set in one of those expensive book shops. Sehun’s eyes beamed for a second when he saw the books.

 

“Whoa! I want that one for my birthday!” Sehun exclaimed happily. Luhan’s heart fluttered when he saw that eye smile Sehun was famous for. It was one of the few moments when Sehun happily smiled, leaving behind his bored façade.

 

But unfortunately, a little girl picked it up right before their eyes. It took just one second for Sehun’s smile to fade and Luhan’s heart to be broken.

“Let’s go Luhan. There’s no use staying here. The set is already been purchased, we can’t buy it anymore.” Sehun said while dragging his feet back to his house. He didn’t even hold Luhan’s hand like he used to. It was like Luhan’s existence had been forgotten and that was the one thing the 8-yr old couldn’t take.

 

That night Luhan went home and asked his parents to buy him a book set as a birthday gift. Luhan’s parents were surprised as their baby never asked for much stuff, and to their horror surprise, it was a “book”. They both, hell, the whole universe knew how much the boy hated his books. He would rather sit in a dark room for 3 hours straight than open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter