Miracles do happen

Miracles do happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                       

                                                                                                             Chapter 4

 

 

Luhan and Sehun were turning 7 this year and their mothers were more than excited for this. Up till now Luhan had worked hard and was in all the classes which Sehun attended. It was nearly the end of the semester and the start of the summer break.

Mrs. Oh planned to spend the vacation at their beach house in Jeju-do. It was a beautiful place which almost resembled a resort. There was also a private swimming pool and a hot spring. At night the beauty of the lights along the coast of the ocean was a mesmerizing sight to see. It always ended in a romantic dinner with a table set up at the porch, with the soft light of the moon enhancing their features.

Mr. and Mrs. Oh visited the beach when Sehun was 2. They left him with his aunt, Mrs. Do. She was a very caring lady and her son, Kyungsoo was very fond of Sehun even if the boy was 4 years older than him.

Even thinking about the pleasures received at the beach house had Mrs. Oh drooling.

“Mom, there’s saliva running down your chin. At least stop day-dreaming in front of your son.” Sehun complained as he sat at the dining table with a bag of chips in his hand.

Mrs. Oh quickly came out of her reverie about the shower-.

“Yah! I’m not day dreaming! I’m planning about your future son! And-And stop eating those chips! You’ll turn into a hippo one day!”

Mrs. Oh got up and snatched the bag of chips from Sehun’s hand, not to mention she gulped some chips before shoving it into the highest shelf in the kitchen, far from her son’s reach.

“Mom! That was the first packet I had in days!” Sehun argued quickly forgetting about the fact how Luhan always showed up with some chips in school or whenever he came to hangout.

He ran towards his mom and started making grabby hands. His mom cooed at the cuteness of her but refused to give in. She went to the table and started reading a fashion magazine.

“Sehun, sit here.” She said sternly, not taking her eyes off the white skirt that was way too expensive.

Sehun returned to the table with a groan and thumped on the chair.

“Sehun, do you want to go on a vacation this year?”  His mom asked finally looking up.

“Huh? Vacation? Sure, I’ll go if Luhan goes.” Damn straight. To the point.

His mom smiled in both amusement and surprise at how her son couldn’t be separated from Luhan even if it was for a week.

“Sure honey. I’ll ask them to come with us! Anyways we are going to our beach house in Jeju-do.” His mum said as she got up and started walking away, knowing absolutely well what was coming.

“Jeju-do? That trip when you left me with Kyung hyung?? Mom! I haven’t forgiven you yet!” Sehun yelled as he ran to catch his mom who ran upstairs laughing her lungs out.

The very next day Mrs. Oh contacted Mrs. Lu to ask them about their plans for summer. She was disheartened when Mrs. Lu replied that they wouldn’t be able to come as the LUs were visiting their grandparents in Japan. Also, she mentioned that Luhan had a singing competition during that time.

“Oh no Mrs. Lu! Its okay. I understand…” But Sehun wouldn’t.

His mother ended the call with a heavy heart and dreaded how she will break the news to Sehun. Her baby boy will never agree to come with them if he knew Luhan’s not coming. She considered leaving Sehun with the DOs, but he wouldn’t agree. He already had a phobia of the overly-cuddly Kyungsoo.

It seemed like they’ll have to face some problems.

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Sehunnie?” Luhan asked while sitting on the swing with his feet dangling into the air.

“Yeah?”

“Do you think I can sing?” Luhan suddenly stopped the swing and stood in front of Sehun.

Sehun’s swing came to a halt and he faced the boy with an incredulous look.

“What kind of question is that? You already know you’re the best singer in our class Luhan.”

Upon listening this, Luhan gave him a small smile, but his eyes said something else. Sehun instantly knew his princess was hiding something. He got off the swing, held Luhan’s hand and led him towards the bench.

“What happened Hannie? Is something wrong?”

Luhan’s eyes glittered upon hearing the nickname. He knew Sehun used it only when he thought that something was really bothering Luhan. Moreover, his voice was laced with concern. And that made Luhan spill the beans.

“I-I have a singing competition next week…” Luhan said as tears were gathering in his doe-eyes.

“Ahh..singing…what’s  the problem then?”

Luhan sniffed a little and bought his knees to his chest.

“I’m scared and youwontbethere…” Luhan buried his face into his knees and allowed the tears to fall.

“Huh? What did you say?” Sehun asked while rubbing soothing circles on Luhan’s back. He had no idea what was going on with Luhan. Luhan rubbed his face on his knee to dry the tears and looked up with red, puffy eyes.

“I said…you won’t be there…”

Hearing this, Sehun gave him a shocked look. Hey, it’s his princess’ recital! Why won’t he be there?

“Wait! I’ll be there! Who won't I be anyways?” Sehun said while trying to make Luhan face him.

“You won't be…You are going on vacation. Your mom said so…” Luhan looked at Sehun with sad eyes with broke the latter’s heart. Wait, his mom said Luhan was coming too, then why?

“I’m not going Lu. Even if I am, I’ll be there at your recital. I promise.” Sehun said as he reached for Luhan’s hand and held it tight.

Luhan stop crying and gave Sehun his signature ear-to-ear grin. For now, they happily went home, holding hands.

 

 

 

 

~*~

 

 

 

 

“Hey mom! You said Luhan’s coming with us! Then what happened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter