Final Part

The Princess's Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I've proof read it but I might miss something (・・。)ゞ

Italic = Chinese

Normal = Korean

 

It was a beautiful day. A beautiful day indeed. The Sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the wind blew out a soft breeze pleasantly hitting one’s face, the sounds of the calm water flowing in the river. A perfect day to take a stroll around the beautiful palace garden with a companion as beautiful as the said day. Everyone was smiling at the nature's wonder that day, everyone beside Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon kept her head down, hiding the pout that threaten to make its way to her beautiful face. She glanced up to find her much adored princess walking along with a lady in layers and layers of beautifully made kimono. The girl in kimono were clinging Jieqiong’s arm while they chatted away happily. Chaeyeon could feel her eyebrows frowning, meeting each other in the middle of her forehead. The girl was Minatozaki Sana, a Japanese Princess that had come to visit Princess Jieqiong. They had been friends for many years and seems to be quite accustomed to each  other company.

 

Chaeyeon knew though that Sana actually was one of the many princesses candidate that the Empress had planned to marry off with the Jieqiong in the near future. Jieqiong sixteenth birthday was coming up in a few months and that means that she was of age to get married, much to Chaeyeon displeasure. It wasn’t helping either when everyone in the palace keep on talking about the topic, or who would be the lucky princess to marry Jieqiong. Along the years Chaeyeon and Jieqiong had become closer, closer than anyone. The only one that ever come as close as Chaeyeon was to Jieqiong was Nayoung, but it was different kind of relationship. Their relationship was rather complicated though, and that wasn’t including the fact that Jieqiong was the princess and Chaeyeon was a mere maid. Chaeyeon knew she liked Jieqiong way too much for her own good, but honestly, who can resist Jieqiong? Everyone was in love or at one point in their life had fallen for the cheerful princess. Chaeyeon had accepted the fact that she was head over the heels for the princess by the time she turned fourteen, and she was sixteen now, almost seventeen and she was still very much in love with Jieqiong.

 

Jieqiong was kind to everyone but even a blind man could see how much she favor Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon wasn’t the type to assume, but the princess action had given her some sort of hope that Jieqiong cared for her at least a little bit. Their relationship was rather ambiguous. They could be classified as friends but it was a bit too intimate. They hadn’t do anything scandalous of short though. The farther they ever did was embracing each other, it was quite frequent especially at times when Chaeyeon missed her parents very much. Jieqiong’s hug helped to calm Chaeyeon down and rid of her loneliness. They would talk privately whenever there was chance, or at least with Nayoung alongside them.

 

Jieqiong gave her a lot of gifts, Chaeyeon had felt bad and even refused but Jieqiong played the ‘It’s an order’ card when she does. Jieqiong would call Chaeyeon to her study room in the evening to teach Chaeyeon a lot of things when Jieqiong had the time. Things like reading, writing, history and some sort of other knowledge. Chaeyeon was most grateful, because if it wasn’t for Jieqiong teaching her, getting that sort of education was merely a dream for her. Jieqiong also taught her how to play the bipa from time to time, thought all the lessons and even their conversation had been less frequent because of how busy Jieqiong was for the last few weeks. It seemed that the empress wanted Jieqiong to take the throne as soon as possible.

 

Chaeyeon would be lying if she said she wasn’t lonely because of how busy Jieqiong had gotten, but she couldn’t say it to Jieqiong. She also would be lying if she said she wasn’t jealous by how flirty Princess Sana was with Jieqiong. Chaeyeon train of thought stopped as she almost collide with the older maid in front of her. Jieqiong and Sana had stopped in front of the lake located in the palace garden, the maids and guards following them halted also, keeping their distance a good five meter away to still give them privacy. Their surrounding was beautiful shades of orange and red as the leaves fallen from the tree in the slightly chill but still pleasant autumn season.

 

“Princess, would you like to sit somewhere?” Aren’t you tired?” Jieqiong asked Sana with a gentle smile on her face.

“I told you to call me Sana.” Sana pouted cutely, Jieqiong smiled at the sight.

“Okay Sana, forgive me. So, are you tired?” Jieqiong asked again while she chuckled at Sana’s adorable antics.

“A bit. But I’m okay.” Sana clings closer to Jieqiong’s arm.

“Well, that won’t do. Let’s sit at the pavilion, we can have some tea while we rest.” Jieqiong stopped walking to look at Sana.

“Okay.” Sana nodded and gave Jieqiong another delightful smile.

 

Chaeyeon raised her head to watch the two princess laughing slightly, chatting away. Their proximity was far too close to Chaeyeon liking. Sana hit Jieqiong arm softly as the Chinese princess . Sana’s lips curled up into a charming smile, probably killing a few bystander with it. Chaeyeon could hear some of the maids sigh in content seeing Princess Sana charm. Sana was cute, really cute. Chaeyeon was nervous the whole time as Jieqiong could very well be falling for Sana at that moment. Sana was beautiful, cute, and really feminine with a lot of charms. Chaeyeon was worried, very worried. And very jealous. Chaeyeon had to remind herself to not get jealous, but she really couldn’t control herself. It seems that her attempt to maintain her expression failed when Nayoung eyed her and gave her a slight smirk. Chaeyeon loved Nayoung unnie, she really do, but Nayoung was pissing her off even more than she already was. For the first time in years since they met, Chaeyeon had the urge to punch her beloved Nayoung unnie.

 

Jieqiong lead Sana to the pavilion by the lake. She asked Nayoung to bring them tea as they sat down. Nayoung nodded quietly and took Chaeyeon with her to prepare some tea. Chaeyeon eyed Nayoung then eyed the two princess. Chaeyeon folded her arms in front of her chest not forgetting her signature pout, refusing to go. Nayoung only rolled her eyes before dragging Chaeyeon by her arm. Chaeyeon tried to resist but she gave up when she realized that it is pointless to go against Nayoung. She let Nayoung dragged her to the kitchen and prepare some tea in some ridiculous luxurious tea set. Nayoung also asked the cooks to get no less than five variety of snacks to accompany the tea. It was more like the tea accompany the snacks actually. When all was ready Nayoung and Chaeyeon placed the snacks on some plates, arranging each and every one of them impeccably.

 

Chaeyeon and Nayoung placed them on a tray and carefully taking them to the garden. It was a challenge because of the distance and stray rocks that they seems so encounter every two steps or so, threatening to tackle them and spill the scalding hot liquid along with little pastries on ground. After a heart winching slow and careful walks they finally manage to reach the garden. Chaeyeon didn’t even realize that her forehead was dripping with some droplets of sweat because of how nervous she was to drop and destroy everything. She set the snacks and tea on the stone table at the pavilion, Jieqiong watching her every move. She tried to divert her eyes from the princess’s gaze and focus on doing her job. Chaeyeon was surprised when she felt a soft fabric being dabbed on her forehead. Her head snapped to her side to found Jieqiong holding a silk handkerchief. Chaeyeon eyes widen when she realized what Jieqiong was doing. She glanced to Nayoung to find the stone faced girl expression changed a bit so slightly, only enough for people that truly know her to notice.

 

“Your forehead is sweating.” Jieqiong said, stating the obvious while still lightly wiping Chaeyeon’s forehead.

 

Chaeyeon and Jieqiong eyes met, Chaeyeon’s body froze, resulting in her staring at Jieqiong for way too long and Jieqiong just smiled away, looking back at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon woke up from her daze as Nayoung cleared . She quickly finished setting the table and went back. Chaeyeon took a quick glance at Sana’s face to find it confused. Nayoung shook her head a bit because of Jieqiong antics. Jieqiong seemed unfazed though, and just smile at Sana while telling her to drink the tea. Sana just went along with Jieqiong’s word and drink the tea. Jieqiong and Sana started chatting again and Princess Sana had seem to not pay any more mind to the incident earlier, which Nayoung was very pleased about.

 

#####

 

Jieqiong had spent most of her time with Sana during the time that the Japanese princess had stayed at the palace. It was the last night of Sana stay at the palace, the maids and cooks were busy preparing a dinner feast to send off the princess who was leaving the next morning. It was chaos, and Chaeyeon was ready to drop dead to the floor any minute now because of how draining it was. But at the same time Chaeyeon was happy because she finally can spend some time with Jieqiong again. Chaeyeon was very much looking forward to that.

 

It was finally time for dinner. Instead of the usual private dinner in Jieqiong’s part of the palace, they were at the great hall with the Empress, the Queen and other high ranking member of the royal family. It was a festive night with a lot of great food and alcohols. A lot of alcohols indeed. Some of them were already hammered an hour into the dinner party. Jieqiong sipped her wine quietly and slowly, thinking about how awful it taste. Jieqiong glanced to her side to see Sana eating some fish gracefully with her chopstick. Sana noticed the gaze lingering on her and turned her head to lock eyes with Jieqiong. They smiled at each other before start chatting away.

 

“They are all drunk already.” Jieqiong commented.

“Oh, they are indeed.” Sana looked around to find someone was about to fall face first into their tray of food because of how drunk they were.

“Do you like drinking?” Jieqiong questioned.

“I don’t mind it, but I usually don’t drink much anyway.”

“I don’t like it. Alcohol taste bitter, I rather eat candy.” Jieqiong pouted at the clear liquid residing in her cup.

“You haven’t gotten used to it probably, since it is your first year drinking.” Sana chuckled at Jieqiong.

“I don’t think I would ever get used to it. I have to drink to show respect though. What a pain.”

 

Sana laughed and tease Jieqiong at how immature the Chinese princess being. Jieqiong pouted even more, but she didn’t yield and bother Sana in return, which earned her a light slap on her arm and a laughing Sana. From the throne, the empress had a small pleased smile on her face at the sight of her daughter and Princess Sana getting along. The Empress nudged the Queen who was sitting beside her and gesture a Jieqiong.

 

“They seems to match well.” The Empress said.

“It seems so, your majesty.” The Queen had a motherly smile plastered on her face.

“What do you think? Will she be a good wife for our Jieqiong?”

“I’m sure she will.”

“It’s decided then.” The empress said happily.

“You should ask the princess opinion first, your majesty.” The Queen tried to calm down the excited empress.

“But why? They look good together.” The empress said with a questioning look on her face, it sounds like she was half whining. The Queen chuckled at the empress immature antics. Jieqiong really took after the empress after all.

“We need to make sure that Jieqiong like her.” The Queen placed her hand lightly on the empress shoulder.

”Fine.” The empress said with a slight pout.

 

#####

 

It was the morning of Princess Sana departure. Everyone in Jieqiong quarter had gather at the palace courtyard, just a little distance from the palace main gate to send Princess Sana off along with some of the maids and guard that she brought along. Jieqiong was in her princess attire, looking very beautiful with long colorful silk robe and extravagant hair pin holding her long flowing shiny black hair. Sana herself look magnificent in colorful layers of kimono with intricate pattern. Jieqiong brought herself closer to Sana, she took the princess’s hand and grab it lightly. They both smiled at each other, and say their goodbyes.

 

“Until next time then.” Jieqiong said excitedly to Sana.

“Of course. Don’t forget to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter