Part 2

The Princess's Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italic = Chinese (or Mandarin)

Normal = Korean

 

It had been a little over a month since Chaeyeon become the maid of Pirncess Jieqiong. She settled in pretty well but at night she remember that her parents were still out there, somewhere. Nayoung once heard her sniffles of cry and she Chaeyeon’s hair softly until the little girl fell asleep. Nayoung was a really caring person. Chaeyeon know that Nayoung was the head maid. And as the head maid she need to keep an eye on the other maids but Chaeyeon know that being so caring wasn’t actually in her resume. Nayoung was just a really kind person that shows concern to everyone. It was surprising, considering how expressionless Nayoung was. Nayoung also had been teaching Chaeyeon how to speak Chinese. Chaeyeon has been able to learn some simple sentences.

 

Nayoung and the other maids has been showing her the ropes on how to be a good maid for the princess. It was mostly cleaning and just following the princess around. There were also helping the princess bathe and dress but it was handled by the older maids. And Chaeyeon doesn’t think she can manage to look at the princess undress, she was too shy for that. She couldn’t even manage to meet the princess’s eyes in normal situation. Speaking of the princess, Chaeyeon hasn’t been called by the princess lately. Chaeyeon felt kind of empty and sad thinking that the princess might already forgot about her after the princess promise that she would get closer to Chaeyeon. But Chaeyeon had no rights to feel any of that since she was after all, just a mere maid. Chaeyeon might just over think things though, since the princess would smile when their eyes met. But maybe that was the problem because the princess smiled to everyone. Chaeyeon wasn’t all that special. And somehow that made Chaeyeon felt even worse than she already was at night.

 

#####

 

It was really early in the morning when Nayoung woke up all the maids and tell them to get ready. Chaeyeon was used to wake up early but this was earlier than usual. She just do as she said and get ready. The maids as to be ready before the princess even woke up. After about a good half hour all the maids were ready and already lined up in front of the princess house.

 

“I’m going to wake the princess up.”

 

Nayoung announced to the other maids. There was supposed to be a few people to wake the princess up but like it was said before, the princess only allow certain people in her room so it was usually only Nayoung. Or a few other senior maids if they need to dress Jieqiong for special occasion which require more people than Nayoung.

 

#####

 

Nayoung knock lightly on the door of Jieqiong’s bedroom, not wanting to startle the princess. She waited for a response but of course there was none. Nayoung opened the door and made way to the middle of the room where the bed was. There lay the beautiful princess. Nayoung always thought the princess was beautiful. One of if not the most beautiful person she has ever seen. But the princess was especially beautiful when quietly sleeping unlike when she was awake. The usual smiling face was calm and quiet. When sleeping like this Jieqiong gives off a very different aura. Nayoung like the smiling and friendly Jieqiong but she also like the cold and strong aura Jieqiong ooze out when she was serious and quiet and the one side that very few people could see, Jieqiong vulnerable side like when she was sad or in this case when she was sleeping. Nayoung shook Jieqiong softly, trying to wake the little princess up as gently as possible.

 

“Princess. Wake up please.”

 

Jieqiong let out a grumble, while mumbling something about it being too early and she was still sleepy. Nayoung chuckled at the princess little rant and shook the princess again. Jieqiong resisted and hide herself under the blanket. The corners of Nayoung lips lifted up at the princess cute antics. Nayoung knew they were going to be late if the princess refused to leave the bed anytime soon but still Nayoung couldn’t help thinking how cute Jieqiong was. Nayoung thought of the fastest way to get the princess out of bed. She had an idea.

 

“Jieqiong, please get out from the blanket. You have martial arts training.”

 

Half of Jieqiong’s face came out from the blanket, eyes big looking at Nayoung.

 

“What did you just call me?”

 

Jieqiong eyes was full of anticipation. Doe eyes looking at Nayoung. Nayoung smirk as her plan seems to be in order.

 

“Princess. I called you princess.”

“No! You called my name earlier.”

 

Jieqiong pull the blanket down to her shoulder to show the pout that was gracing the lips. Eyebrow furrowed in a displeasing manner. Nayoung knew that this could work very well. She wondered why she hasn’t done this before. Ah right, she will be beheaded if someone hear about it. But they were the only two there, and the princess won’t want Nayoung to be executed so it was all good.

 

“Well, if you would get out of bed and get ready I might call your name again.” Nayoung offered.

 

Jieqiong sat up from her bed, hands rubbing her sleepy eyes. It was an adorable sight and Nayoung was squealing inside, but her face was as expressionless as a stone like always. The princess got off from her bed, standing in front of Nayoung. Nayoung quickly helped the princess into a comfortable attire, similar to what the princess usually wear when she sneak out from the palace but fancier, she was still the princess after all. The black silk robe was as long as her ankle with long slit on the side to let freedom of movements. The robe was accompanied by cotton pants, and fabric belts to complete the princess martial arts uniform.

 

“So Nayoung, does this means you will call me by my name from now on?”

“Hm, I might get executed though.”

“Aww come on, just when you are alone with me then.”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Boo, you’re so stiff as always.”

“Well since I’m ready, let’s just go.” Jieqiong continued.

 

The princess skipped through the door and to the outside, Nayoung following behind. It has been a while since Jieqiong had a martial arts practice, it was because the one who usually trained her was sent by the empress on a mission. Jieqiong was trained by a young lieutenant whom the empress really liked because she was loyal and talented. Being the empress favorite warrior means being entrusted to the empress golden child, the royal crown princess herself. Jieqiong didn’t mind being trained by the lieutenant because she was kind and a good teacher. The lieutenant was about Nayoung’s age and that was probably a good thing because she certainly wouldn’t want to be trained by old general who can barely keep up with the princess energy.

 

#####

 

Chaeyeon was with the other maids, following behind the princess to courtyard where the princess will train. After quite a long walk, they finally arrived at the courtyard. A figure was already standing at the training ground. The princess stopped a few feet from the figure. It was a beautiful woman dressed in the solider training uniform. She kneeled in front of the princess and bowed her head.

 

“Princess.”

“It has been a long time Meiqi. How have you been?” Jieqiong smiled and gestured the lieutenant to stand up.

“I am well princess. How about you princess? I hope you are ready for some sword training.”

“Of course I am! Let’s start right away.”

“Yes Princess, let us start then.” Meiqi smiled at the princess enthusiasm.

 

The princess begin her training with lieutenant Meiqi after a warm up. Meiqi was teaching some moves to Jieqiong.  After two hours Jieqiong already mastered the moves that Meiqi taught her. Meiqi seemed really impressed by the princess fast progress. Before long they had decide to spar with a wooden sword. Chaeyeon could see the beaming smile on some of the maids that were nonexistent earlier that morning. Seeing the princess must have lifted their mood. After a month working with her fellow maids she discovered that many of the maids has a crush on the princess or some even said they are in love with the princess. Not that Chaeyeon understand what a crush or even love was like. Well maybe a little bit, it was like wanting to be with that person in a romantic way. They apparently want to marry the princess or some even be willing to become her concubine when the princess old enough. Chaeyeon never even had a crush before so she didn’t know what it actually feels like, but it seems complicated.

 

Chaeyeon was watching the princess train with the other maids at the side of the courtyard. Meiqi and Jieqiong had just began their sparing session. Chaeyeon was surprised at the squeals that was let out by her fellow maids when Jieqiong’s sword clashed with Meiqi’s. Chaeyeon heard some of the maids were cheering for Meiqi and saying how good looking she was, most were cheering hard for the princess and there were some that cheered for both and a few indifferent maids. Chaeyeon stayed mum, not really sure what to do.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter