Dance for me

They don't know about us~

After that very strange yet embarassing night with Jungkook, we haven't actually met for about a week or so... well not until today. Today, there is another announcement. An announcement that comes every month or so. It's the reveal of the evaluation theme for that month. Every month, trainees will have to undergo an evaluation to ensure that they are improving and those who are skilled enough to debut can be noticed. The evaluation for each month is usually different. It changes between, singing, dancing and rapping and they will also change themes. I was making my way to the company as usual, excited to see the new 'project' that I'll have for the next week or so. I have always been amongst the top at evaluations so I planned to do well this time around as well.

 

Walking down the corridor to the announcement board, I heard many people talk about groups. My face lit up when I heard that as that meant that there is a high change that this month's evaluation will be on dance. I have always been good at dance but I wonder what the theme will be.... Once I reached the board, I can barely see the announcement since there was a huge crowd gathered there. There were looks of shock, horror and even... delight(?)

 

ROMANTIC DANCE DUET. Okay. So firstly, it was dance (Yay). But a romantic dance duet? BigHit what are you doing? What happened to all those strict regulations? I couldn't believe my eyes... Wow... I went to search for my name in the list of groups to get the location of my practice room and find out who I'd be paired with. Could it be... him? Hm.... I extinguished the rapidly growing flame of excitement in the depths of my stomach and made my way towards the practice room. My steps were fast. I mean... there are only so few trainees that I can be paired with. BigHit tends to pair the trainees according to their skill levels. As I was already at stage 4 for dance (aka good enough to be a main dancer for debut), there was only so few guy trainees that can be paired with me. Was the bunny good at dancing? Gosh what I am thinking... what was his name again though? Argh whatever...

 

I reached the practice room that I will be using for practicing my evaluations at the end of my trainee schedule for the next week leading up to the evaluation. I opened the door timidly only to be met with 2 boys messing around and dancing like litte kids. They seemed to be recording it as well which was posted later on here. One of them... was him... Jeon. Jungkook. Was he my partner?

 

"Sorry, I was just leaving... Good luck for your evaluation B! You have a good partner! I'm so envious~" He gave me that toothy smile with a small fist pump in the air as a sign of 'hwaiting'. With that, he left, leaving me wondering to myself how he could be so cute yet attractive at the same time. Gosh... I need some holy water xD Oh right... the evaluation. The encounter with him made me completely forget my initial initiative when coming to this practice room. I was snapped out of my unholy thoughts when I heard loud music blasting from inside. I stepped in further only to be met with the back view of a trainee with messy hair, bent over as he was stretching his legs. He glanced over at me while still bent over (which I must say made the whole scene even more awkward than it needed to be) and gave me a wide sunshine smile and a small wave to get me to stretch with him. After studying his face a little longer, I remembered that he was part of Namjoon and Jungkook's group.

He was wearing a black tshirt (he took off his black hoodie when Jungkook left) and black thick rimmed glasses with his soft hair that was actually intentionally styled messily upon further inspection after he stood upright. I totally dont remember his name but I knew a lot of trainees call him the Runch Randa. He was an underground dancer. That, I knew but I've never seen him dance so.... (Boy was I in for a surprise). After stretching in a somehow comfortable silence, he went over to change the music.

 

"Let's do some freestyle to gauge our skills" He said with a challenging smirk. I gave a curt nod and listened as he scrolled through the songs he had on his phone. After finding a beat that he was satisfied with, he began first. The way he moved was so smooth... so planned out. Anyone can tell that he has been dancing his whole life. He did this dance. I was in awe watching him. How can he be so good. Wait, this is bad. This means that I will look back during the evaluation since he will outshine me. Or will it be good.. since he can actually make the whole duet looks better with his skills. I don't know. I was going into my usual daze again until I felt a hand on my chin, closing my mouth that was open in awe.

 

I was met with deep dark eyes and a bright amused smile that came along with the remark "I know you like what you see but you're gonna dry out your mouth if you keep it open that look. I came back to reality and swatted his hand away and narrowed my eyes on him. I noticed his smile falter a bit before going back to it's 100% sunshine mode again. He motioned me to his phone to choose my song next.

"Dance for me" He said in a smooth manner, somehow irritating me even further.

I gave him one last glare before I did so. I did this. When we both had our turns, it was time to decide which song we wanted to do. I came to learn that his name was Hoseok and he was 4 years older than me which meant he was in high school. No wonder I didn't recognise him much.

" I think we should do something more... on the mature side. Maybe like a y concept?" Hoseok oppa said with a smirk as he glanced up and down at me.

"I think not. I mean I think we're both better at hip hop or popping in particular? We should show our strengths" I said quickly, obviously giving away how uncomfortable and insecure I felt at his previous remark.

After scanning through all the options we had, I started to think that we might really have to go with a y concept. I didn't really know how to think about that. We finally decided on Troublemaker, a new popular song that would totally catch everyone's attention. With that, practice began. Within the next few days, we started to grow closer. Not only me and Hoseok oppa but with his friends as well. The 7 of them were actually really nice and they were way more mature than their actual age which make me feel so taken care of.

 

This, however, did not sit well with the other female trainees. I was starting to notice all the sideway glances of disgust when I past by them at the company or during classes. I started eating alone at lunch and I felt really lonely and isolated but given my personality, that was the least of my concern. At least I thought it was. During a dance class, we had a tumbling session that day. We were made to learn new moves that can be useful in the future for choreography or for personal talents. I was very excited that day as I was doing exceptionally well and earning countless praises from my dance instructor. I was given a harder move to try out. However, when I wanted to do it, I felt a shove on my shoulder which made me lose my balance and land really hard on my knee, in a futile attempt to break the fall. I groaned as pain shot up my leg and tears started welling up in my eyes. I realised that no one was actually coming to my aid and being my prideful self, I stood up to pretend nothing had happened.

 

That day, I did not go for practice with Hoseok oppa. I rested in my dorm room and started stressing out about the evaluation. About being isolated. About being able to debut. (Why debut you may ask? Well if I couldn't get along with any of the female trainees there then I can't find suitable team members to debut with which will hinder my debut) How was I about to go about this??


Thank you for reading! Hope you like it ^-^ BTS has recently released Not Today MV which was soooo lit omg <3 Love them so much