Come over for some ramen?

They don't know about us~

     It's been a week since the new girl group, named GLAM, have been selected for debut. The atmosphere in trainee dorms were very sullen and awfully quiet. Everyone seemed to have felt really lost and were questioning their capabilities and how realistic their dreams are. Since then, many female trainees have dropped out. I would be lying if I said I have never thought about it but I'm not ready to give up just yet. I would also be lying if I said that the reason why I want to stay is because I truly believe I can debut. Rather, something, or more like someone, has peaked my interest. A certain bunny faced guy who happened to be a year older than me and is currently attending middle school just like me.

 

     I have found out many things regarding this particular person. How he liked to wear the colours red, black and white because he said it represented hip hop. How he likes to wear baggy shirts during practice until it is practically hanging off his shoulder due to the hard dance moves. How he always likes to tease his hyungs but most importantly, how talented he was.

 

     Jeon Jungkook. This guys has such a godly voice and can dance so smoothly and with such swag, one can tell he has been productive while in the US. Recently, he has been picking up rap, another thing he was quickly mastering. What fault does he have? Oh... right. I found out how bad he was at Math. That kid could not solve a simple math problem even if his life depended on it but that just added on to his dorky charms.

 

     However, there was a major problem. You were not supposed to have these intense feelings towards this guy. No, it was not love. It was just... curiosity. Male and female trainees are not supposed to interact. To enforce this, our dorms are located very far from each other, practice sessions were conducted at different times and locations to ensure that we would not cross paths unless we needed to, such as during mass meetings etc. I had a trump card though. I was still in school and so was he. We are in different grades but we share the same breaks and end at the same time. Somehow, I managed to have small interactions with him this way. At the lunch line, on the way to the company from school and even on the way to school on days I felt like I could wake up a little earlier. This is wrong... this is really wrong...

 

     The end of month evaluation was fast approaching and soon, I was starting to stay on till 2 or 3am to practice my dance routines. Since it was really important, the adrenaline prevented me from feeling sleepy or tired. As a trainee, passing an evaluation was the first step to debuting. It scared me how important these evaluations were to the point that I would skip meals and precious hours of sleep to practice just so that I can be first on the list of potential trainees to debut. I decided to do the song Save your Goodbye, one of the few choices we were given. I had been practicing the same part for over an hour when I finally plopped down onto the floor of the dance studio, defeated.

 

     Suddenly, I felt something cold touch my face. I turned around only to notice that it was a can of coffee. I took it only to realise the person who gave it to me. It was Jeon Jungkook. Oh...my...god... I muttered a thank you and just stared at him. He gave a cute smile and asked "So why are you here so late?"

 

     I finally snapped back to reality when he asked the question and was back to my foul mood. I told him about my song choice and how I couldn't get the choreography right. He lit up and told me that he was actually doing the same dance. "Let's practice together" He said. I gave him a grateful smile and nodded as I got up.

 

     We did the dance for several more hours before we finally got it right. (This is the dance)

 

     He sat at a corner while I started recording my dance to evaluate for myself. I set the camera up and he played the music for me. Halfway through the dance, my head started to feel weird. Everything around me blurred and slowly started to turn white. I lost my balance and fell to the ground. I guess those nights practicing and skipping meals was a bad idea.

     "Hey! HEY! Are you okay? Hey wake up!" I heard as my eyes slowly fluttered open. It took a while for my vision to clear as I tried to sit up. I felt a hand at my arm holding me up and slowly I remembered everything. Did I just faint in front of Jeon Jungkook? Darn..... I impulsively put my hands over my eyes as my face reddened in embarassment. "You look like you haven't been resting enough. You should take good care of yourself" He told me with a stern yet concerned face, acting like an oppa all of a sudden. Out of all times, my stomach chose to growl at this exact moment... oh god

 

     "Do you wanna come over for some ramen?" He asked with a knowing smile. Now, I know what that meant but this boy is way too innocent. I just gave a short laugh and nodded my head. We got out of the building and headed towards the boys dorm. He handed me a cap and mask as I tucked my hair away and we walked past the security easily.

 

     Once we got into his dorm, I noticed how clean it was. He made his way to the small kitchen to get out two packets of ramen and starting boiling some water in a pot. He suddenly spoke up."Hey I never really got to ask you for your name."

 

     "Oh... it's (y/n) but you can call me B" I said nervously.

 

     "Well nice to meet you B" Jungkook said. "I'm Jungkook. I know you're younger but just call me Jungkook. It's fine" he said as he waved his hand carelessly in the air as if dismissing the thought of being called oppa. I guess he really doesn't like it.

 

     He set the pot of ramen down on a table and handed me a bowl and some chopsticks while he used the lid. We ate silently as we were both really hungry. When all the ramen was gone, I spoke up. "Hey Jungkook, I have to go now. Thank you so much for teaching me the dance and for making me some ramen. I appreciate it" I said, giving him a polite bow as a sign of respect as I slowly made my way to the door. Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing but I was starting to freak out over the fact that I was breaking company rules and I was putting myself 'at risk' as my parents would say by willingly entering a boys dorm alone with another guy whom I didn't even know much about.

 

     I could hear footsteps behind me as I was leaving and he stepped in front to help me open the door. I muttered a thank you and turned around to leave but halted for a secong when he said "Take care of yourself okay". I turned back around to see him have such a kind smile on and for a while there, I thought I could have fallen for him. NOPE. No that was not what was happening. I was just touched that he was concerned about me. Yeah... that's it. With that, I left the dorm and went back to my own.

 

     Once I reached my room, I noticed I still had his cap and mask on. I smiled at them and placed them on my night stand. It was an interesting night...