Epilogue

Memories

"Seriously hyung? In our balcony? When we're looking like a pair of sick kids and having instant ramyun for dinner?" he exasperated, but Jaebum knows better seeing the glint in the dark brown orbs.

"Pretty domestic, isn't it?" he smirked.

"Far too domestic. I know you're not the most romantic guy in the world, but this is something else."

"Stop mocking me, you love it anyway," Jaebum pushed Jackson's forehead with his finger, eliciting a high pitched laughter.

"Well, the least you can do is put that ring on my finger and I'll do the same to you," he grinned, wiggling his fingers in front of Jaebum in excitement. And Jaebum thinks, he lives to see those smile and the happiness which radiating from Jackson, he swore he will engrave this scene in his memory forever.

The ring fit perfectly on Jackson's finger. Jaebum smiles a bit at the memory of him buying the rings, when he knew Jackson's size while he's totally clueless of his own size. He wonders if he know Jackson more than he know himself. Doesn't matter, what matters is now, the moment Jackson sliding in the ring on his thick finger, accepting him, understanding him. And that finally they truly belong to each other.

Their lips found together with no hesitation, like breathing they gravitate towards each other and they drink the pour of their hearts, catching the soft giggles and tasting the glee of their euphoria. "So, when will it be, sweet hubby?" Jackson's whispered to Jaebum's lips, softly biting the older man's lip before letting go so he can answer the question.

"We can do the reception here, with friends and your family. Then we can get married at another country, where do you want it to be?" he said before kissing the plump lips again, his way in, savoring the taste that is Jackson which he came to love long time ago to this day. But he noticed the way the kiss is slowing down and something is distracting Jackson's.

"What about your parents...? We never tell them anything."

Jaebum halted, opening his eyes to see the shadow in Jackson's eyes, the slight fear painted on his beautiful face. Jaebum sighed a bit before he's smiling to assure his lover, pecking his lips for a bit, "I'm planning to tell them tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" there's a frown on his face, anxious and Jaebum caress it with his thumb to will it away.

"I'm sure, I'll be fine, they're still my parents after all. Beside, we've told your parents long ago, I should have done this sooner before."

"But my parents already knew about me before I met you... This is different."

"It's okay, I'll be fine, we'll be fine. I have you with me after all."

**

He's blinking slowly, squinting his eyes when the sunlight trespassing through the curtain and fell right on his face. A groan effectively left his lips, he turns around to hide his face and only when he's shifting on the bed did he realized there's another body pressed to his side. It took him a moment before a smile gracing his lips, turning his whole body so he's spooning the shorter yet fuller body into him.

He sighed softly, relishing at the comfortable warmth, the pleasant stirs in his chest and the swarms of butterflies in his stomach. Taking in the scent he vaguely remembers and now he have it so close to him, always there whenever he wants to breathe in. Then he did what he always did every morning when he wakes up first, caressing the strong tanned arm until his fingers met with another set of soft fingers and intertwine it together. Savoring the emotions which coming from within before he brings it close to his face, kissing the finger where their ring rest, then tucking their hands under Jackson's chin, hugging the man tighter and closer.

He really didn't take himself as a hugger or cuddly person, but there he is, still sleepy as heck yet the urge to cuddle the other man is unrelenting. And oh, how he loves to cuddle Jackson or being cuddled with, he's surprised himself, shocked even. But so what, he loves it, so he indulge it. And these moments of cuddling in the morning when Jackson still fast asleep is his favorite.

"Good morning," Jackson's hoarse voice greeted, eyes still tightly shut but he stirs a little in Jaebum's arms, placing a soft kiss on their hands under his chin.

"Morning, how's your sleep?" Jaebum kissed his temple.

"Nice, I didn't even dream... Felt like I just woke up from death," he smiles when Jaebum chuckling on his nape, "you?"

"I think I dreamt something, but I can't remember what. I don't think it's a bad dream though, it feels kinda nice."

"That's good... Now shut up and stop moving, I want to go back to sleep," he mumbled, curling his body more to hide his face under the blanket.

"Jackson, we have to go to work," Jaebum called sweetly, using the hand under Jackson's chin to lift the man's head, causing him to frown and groan. "Wake up, hey," he kissed his cheek and temple again, coaxing him to wake up.

"My alarm still haven't ring... Let me sleep for a bit more..."

"It's only two or a minute more, Jackson."

"Still..."

Jaebum sighed deeply yet as always, he relented.

--

"I'll just make an omelette... With a toast, you okay with that?"

Jaebum frowning a bit, "there isn't any rice? Breakfast is the most important meal, I need rice. At least I can take it with kimchi if there's no side dishes."

"I forgot to make it last night and we got no time to make it now, so for today have a bread for breakfast, princess," Jackson laughed when he heard Jaebum grumbling.

"It's your fault for lazing around."

"Whatever, set up the table will ya? Oh, use the big plate so there's less dishes to do later."

He grumble again, "you're so lazy cleaning up, how did you survive living alone when I wasn't there? Where did you put the big plates anyway?"

Jackson forgot that Jaebum didn't remember, so when he turns around about to tell him where the plates are, he's surprised seeing Jaebum casually finding where it was.

"Oh, it's really here," Jaebum surprised himself, pulling out the big plate and preparing the table.

"How did you know?" Jackson asked in awe.

"I don't know, I just thought maybe it's there and it really is," he shrugged cluelessly, oblivious about the warm realization which spreading in Jackson's chest. That Jaebum might forget it in his head, but his body and heart remembers their routines.

"Right," Jackson turned back to his omelette on the frying pan, swallowing down the flutters in his heart as his smile widening.

"Jackson, I might be home late tonight, I'll have dinner at my parents, you gonna be okay alone for a while?"

"I'm okay, I'll have dinner outside then. Or do you want me to come along?" he asked it carefully, it's still a sensitive topic.

"No, I don't think it's the good time for it, maybe later."

Jackson noticed the hurt in Jaebum's voice, "you can tell me, I'm fine, we're in this together, okay?"

"I know, don't worry. At least they stop talking me down, that's a pretty good thing," Jaebum walked back to the kitchen, placing both his hands on Jackson's shoulder and kissed his nape, "I'm happy."

"Good, think about me often, I'm your mood booster."

"That you do," and they both laughed together, filling their small home with warmth and sense of belonging.

No matter what comes their way, they have each other, and nothing more reassuring than that.

They're finally home.

**

"Hey, mind if I sit here?"

He looked up from his note book, seeing a man with pretty face smiling at him and pointing at the space beside him. He recognized the guy, he's the social butterfly whom everybody in that university knows.

"Sure."

"I've seen you a lot here, always sitting alone and sometimes dazing around. I'm curious what is it that you're thinking about," the guy chat up, landing his beside him almost too forceful it shakes the poor old wooden bench.

He frowns, uneasy and a bit put off at the way the guy pressing on his personal space. "Nothing," he answered a bit curtly, giving sign for the guy to leave him alone.

"You can't be thinking of nothing, that's nonsense. Are you writing a love song or something?"

"I don't see why it's your business, Mr. Wang."

The guy's eyes went wide so was the smile on his face, "you know me? Wow, I'm flattered."

"You're quite well known here, the one who have a very boisterous laughter and never ending friends."

"Ah, I don't know if it's a compliment or a sarcasms when you said it with that expression. Are you always this stiff with people? A good laugh is good for your life," the guy slide closer when Jaebum inched away.

"I like quietness, why don't you leave me alone?"

"Come on, I'm trying to hit on you, humour me," he grinned and Jaebum thought he was just joking around.

"Fine," he sighed, relenting at the excitement and energy which radiating strongly from the guy.

"Let me tell you a good joke, I'm sure I can make you twist that rigid lips upwards. But first, let me know your name."

He can already feel the tingle at the corner of his lips, but he held it in, "prove your words first, then I'll tell you my name."