Your Rookie

All That Matters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                   In front of the mirror is a blonde girl staring at her reflection. She’s smiling and so her reflection does too. She sighed. At least I can hide it in my smile. The company doesn’t need to know about it. They don’t need to know. She told herself. And, continue practicing her smile at the mirror.


                   “Unnie! Have you seen Yuju?” Eunbi asked. Her smile faltered. No, it’s not because it’s SinB who asked her. It is actually the older Eunbi, Eunha. Oh, how she hopes it would be the younger who would ask her random questions like this. Heck, even just the meeting of their eyes would make her happy. However, that is not the case. She’s glad, for sometimes, it happens, the younger girl she so much adore would talk to her, look at her and at the very rare times, she would ask her. At least it happen, that’s better than nothing at all.


                   Also, she’s glad that they have somehow broken the wall between them. They interact now like how they used to be. They smile at each other on and off the camera. It is like them before ‘that’ happened. And, right now, she feels like she should be contented at the situation. Well, except that they are somehow awkward when the two of them are left with each other, only the two of them.


                   “You’re mind is somewhere again? Haha. I see. I better go to the kitchen. Sowon-unnie is in there, maybe I can find Yuju there too.”
  

                 She nods while laughing at what the younger girl has told her. “Fine. Go. What’s with you anyways? You’re always Yuju Yuju Yuju. Sowon unnie must be jealous about it.” She teased.


                   The younger girl, who still have her hair style unchanged, peek again at the door left opened and said, “I’m loyal unnie.” which earned her another laugh from Yerin and another response from her. “Who are you kidding? I’ve seen a lot of videos of you in the internet, looking and being attached to Yuju.” 
  

                “Geez. This unnie. I’ll go. I better find her already.” She said, running towards the kitchen.

 

                   The older girl left in the bathroom shake her head and smile. She checked her appearance again at the mirror before going out. She found the other members at the living room. However, there’s no Choi Yuna there, Kim Sojung and Jung Eunbi. So, it’s the two maknaes in the living room, watching. She sat at the other end of the sofa. She feels like she has to, since the other two is talking excitedly about this show and she feels awkward and self-conscious. As if it’s an instinct she gets her phone and pretended to be doing something.  

 

                   She decided to just open their official twitter account. Of course, she take time to see who’s been @-ing them and what for. She smiled when she sees that a lot of their fans are waiting for them, though some are ranting already at their company for breaking the ‘tradition’.


                   They used to comeback at the month of January, if it’s the start of the year, since for the past two years, they would make a comeback two times in a year. It’s usually like that so somehow it’s called a ‘tradition’. And, right now, they haven’t made it and the company is still ‘hiding them’ from the public’s eyes.
  

 

                Our Buddys, wait for us, just a little bit more. We’re doing everything to comeback with a better version of us. She said in her mind.


                   She closed her eyes and think of what the others have done with their style for the change of image that they would attempt for this comeback. Their leader, Sowon, had made her hair red, which really suits her, according to Yerin, as the color enhances her facial features. Yuju, as she said in the van before the talk had begun about the change of their style, she dyed her hair back to black. And as how she likes it to be ,and how Umji and SinB has predicted, their company would let her keep the bangs. She opened her eyes as she thought about herself. She had dyed her hair too. She’s now sporting a blond hair though her bangs remained too. She pats her bangs then think about Eunha. Eunha? She still has the same hairstyle. Beside the fact that the company still wants her with that, it is undeniable that it really suits her too. The netizens right now also love her hairstyle to be like that. She wants it herself too, though her reason is partly because of the people’s opinion about it.

 


                   Still smiling, she looked at the remaining two members which is at the same room as hers. The maknae, Umji, has dyed her hair. She had gain an increase in height and lost weight too. The other maknae, SinB, had some highlights in her hair now and as talked about last week her hair has been let off to grow longer. They look more mature now.

 


                   Observing these changes at the two maknae, she feels so proud seeing them grow. Because of this, she remembered their graduation. She even cry that day too because she feels so proud at them and at the same time she’s like experiencing a memorable event that she would never forget. Especially, since she saw her first love graduate too.

 


                   She laughed at herself which earned a questioning look from the other two. However, Yerin didn’t see them since she’s busy reminiscing about precious events that happened just a while ago. She laughs again, remembering how every one of them wears wigs to hide the changes in their hairstyles, how they perform with that and how Sowon somehow struggle keeping her wigs while performing and try to fix it when the other members are talking.


                   “Unnie, what’s funny?” Umji asked, her head tilted a little.


                   The oldest in the room stand up and sit beside Umji. She pats her head and said,” I just remembered the time when we perform at your graduation with wigs.”


                   “Oh my god, unnie! That’s embarrassing, why are you thinking about that?” Umji complained, though she’s giggling already.


                   “Ya Ya! It’s starting already!” She said, holding the remote of their tv, her eyes fixed on the large screen.


                   “What’s starting?” Yerin asked the maknae beside her.


                   Instead, SinB answered her. “Eh? You don’t know unnie?” Then shake her head slowly and look at her unnie as if she’s judging her.


                   “What? What do I not know?” She said, furrowing her brows. A question mark can be seen in her face since she really doesn’t know what these two are talking about.


                   She was unable to utter a sound and just mout

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter