R.EQUITED 3/3

R.EQUITED

 

NC-17
wc 2,611
part 3 of 3

✮✮✮

"You're at your ex's wedding," Hongbin teased.

 

"Shut up and do your work," Ravi grumbled, turning some knobs to toggle the volume of the music surrounding the hall.

 

"I am, but I'm just taking a break for now and coincidentally, am beside you." Ravi sighed in defeat.

 

"That's history already and you know how it's going between Jaehwan and I," Ravi combed his waxed hair back, noticing some girls sighing as he did so. Where in heaven's name is Jaehwan…

 

"Are you taking your time because he's worried about commitment this time?" Hongbin chuckled.

 

"I'm not even sure what he's so insecure about," Ravi's eyes perked, noticing Jaehwan running into Hakyeon's room.

 

It was Hakyeon's and Leo's reception. A grand wedding that was tastefully done, nothing less expected from Hakyeon himself. When Jaehwan had saw Hakyeon in a white suit, he eyes were glittering in awe. He quickly ran to Hakyeon's side and showered Hakyeon with praises; who accepted it with great pride. Ravi was also in awe, everyone knew Hakyeon was stunning and he had his moments especially when he shined during his dances but seeing him all donned up in a crisp white suit, he looked out of this world. "You look amazing," Ravi placed his hand on Hakyeon's elbow to get his attention.

 

Hakyeon chuckled, "Thank you, Ravi. Don't you dare fall for me," Hakyeon pulled Ravi into a hug.

 

"Don't worry hyung, I have him on a leash!" Jaehwan pumped his chest out.

 

"We'll see who actually is on a leash tonight," Ravi teased, pleased to see Jaehwan turning red.

 

"Please stop. I'm still too young for this," Hyuk muttered. He was the "maid of honour" as Hakyeon had put it, much to Hyuk's distaste. Hakyeon had said that he would only trust Hyuk with an important role and Hyuk had rolled his eyes. Hyuk knew Hakyeon just wanted a gopher to follow him around and Hyuk was his favourite.

 

"You look good too Hyuk!" Jaehwan exclaimed, noting that Hyuk was in a light blue suit that stretched magnificently across his chest. "You've grown really well you know,"

 

"Ah, I'm surrounded by erted hyungs. Save me!" Hyuk yelled in mock exasperation. "have you guys went to see Taekwoon-hyung?" Hyuk asked.

 

"No, we were thinking of going after this. Have you?" Ravi was already opening the door.

 

Hyuk grinned slyly, "just go," he waved his hands, shooing them away.

 

"Why? What's wrong? Did something happen?" Ravi was now worried.

 

"Nothing's wrong. He's just panicking." Hakyeon crossed his hands in front of him.

 

"Wait, you've seen him?"

 

"I am not allowed to. Especially by him. So please go and see him," Hakyeon had a crease in between his eyebrows now. Ravi chuckled.

 

"Yes, sir. Let's go Hwannie," Ravi called for Jaehwan who rushed to Ravi's side.

 

"Good luck Hyung! You look fabulous!" Jaehwan pumped his fists in the air before walking out with Ravi.

 

"Always!" Hakyeon beamed proudly.

 

✮✮✮

 

And Taekwoon was in a state of panic. He was pacing around the room, tying and retying his bowtie in frustration. When Ravi told him to sit down and calm himself down, Taekwoon's legs were shaking to the point that Ravi was worried that he might actually create an earthquake The only other person he knew who could handle Taekwoon other than Hakyeon, was Hyuk but Hakyeon had selfishly took Hyuk for himself, leaving Ravi as the next best option. Ravi had other obligations, he was in charge of the sound system for the wedding and even though he's stationed one of his juniors to control the set indefinitely, he wanted to be there when they walked down the aisle. He can only trust himself to not screw up one of the biggest moments of his friend's life! But he was actually reconsidering it now, seeing Taekwoon sweat his bodyweight even before the event.

 

"Taekwoon, chill. Tell me what you're worried about exactly," Jaehwan was sitting across Taekwoon. Taekwoon treated Jaehwan with care, everyone did because he was just so precious, maybe this will actually work.

 

"Nothing," Taekwoon replied, eyes still darting about, "Nothing at all."

 

"Jaehwan, I need to go get ready. Can you handle him?" Jaehwan gave a look that clearly said please don't leave me but Ravi had to. "Give Hakyeon a call Taekwoon."

 

"But we're about to walk down the aisle!" Taekwoon snapped with realisation and was back to pacing around the room.

 

"Jaehwan. Dial." Ravi ordered and Jaehwan quickly pulled his phone out, quickly dialling for Hakyeon. Ravi left the room. He spotted Hongbin on the way to the hall, flashing a bright smile.

 

"You look sour," Hongbin teased yet again.

 

"It's not what you think. Stop it," Ravi chopped Hongbin's neck, a habit all of them had developed thanks to Hakyeon. "Let's get to work, text me when you're ready at your station to take photos then I'll give the cue,"

 

"Roger that."

 

✮✮✮

 

"Taekwoon. Breathe," really, sometimes Hakyeon had to wonder why he is so attracted to this man, "are you doubting our marriage? Now?"

 

"That's not it Hakyeon," Taekwoon grumbled.

 

"I told you, it will be fine," Hakyeon sighed.

 

"That's what you've always said. Even when we argued, even when we had that breakup. Even when I had gotten together with that girl. Why are you so confident?" Taekwoon was rushing through his words.

 

"Taekwoon, my beloved Taekwoon. Take a seat," Hakyeon said softly, slowly controlling his tone.

 

"I am seated," Taekwoon all but grumbled into the phone.

 

"Let me tell you a story. There was a boy, who could see flowers that represented the amount of love there was between two people," Hakyeon gulped, reminiscing his past, "he thought he would never find someone that would have a flower that represented eternity," Hakyeon pulled one of the orange blossom out from the vase of flowers that adorned his waiting room, he brought it to his nose, "he wanted to give up, until one day, he met the one. Taekwoon, I've told you a million times, no matter what happens between us, it will all be fine. We were made for each other and honestly, through all the thick and thin we've been through together, I have only loved you stronger," Hakyeon smiled at the smell of the orange blossom.

 

"Hakyeon… I'm just…" Hakyeon could hear Taekwoon holding back a sob and Hakyeon had to hold himself from running out to embrace and comfort his soon-to-be husband. "I'm just worried that I don't live up to your expectations."

 

Hakyeon chuckled, "Honey, if you wanted to live up to my expectations, you'd be a whole new person. Don't. Just be yourself. I love you just as you are, flaws and everything," Hakyeon could hear Taekwoon relaxing on the other side. "Can we just get this over with so that we could kiss each other senseless after?"

 

"Alright… I think I can do this,"

 

"Please do. My pride is on the line if you run away," Hakyeon hung up on Taekwoon.

 

"God, you guys are sickening," Hyuk gagged playfully.

 

"With much pleasure," Hakyeon smiled back.

 

"Whats with that flower story?"

 

"Oh, nothing. It's an inside thing between Taekwoon and I,"

 

"Hmmm…. It's an interesting story. Is it going to be one of your bedtime stories for your future kids?"

 

 Hakyeon smacked Hyuk, hard.

 

✮✮✮

 

The wedding was amazing, the music was splendid, the crowd was wonderful, the food was delicious. Nobody got wasted, a fact Hakyeon was thankful for. Ravi and Jaehwan had dedicated a song to Hakyeon (and Taekwoon unfortunately came by default) and Hakyeon had to hold back tears listening to it. It was about Ravi's unrequited love and Ravi had painted the image of Hakyeon's love sickness towards Taekwoon. Ravi admitted he had written this song right after Hakyeon left him for Taekwoon, and he had kept it, close at heart, but today, he was so happy for Hakyeon and wishes all the best and he even saw the couple as his idol for his love life, a statement he which earned great applause, especially when he tenderly grabbed Jaehwan's hand.

 

✮✮✮

 

"It's over," Taekwoon collapsed into the bed fo the hotel they had decided to stay, a little treat to themselves.

 

"What a day wasn't it," Hakyeon sat next to Taekwoon on the bed, taking his blazer off. Taekwoon looked at his now husband.

 

"You aimed for Jaehwan didn't you, with that bouquet?"

 

"How could I? I wasn't looking. I told you! It's fate!" Hakyeon grumbled, smacking Taekwoon's thigh, "anyway, Jaehwan needs to be pushed. He's a worry wart. Ravi and him will be fine,"

 

Taekwoon pulled Hakyeon down so that they could look at each other, "is it really fate or is it one of those things you know off?" Taekwoon still found some of Hakyeon's justifications weird but it has always been right.

 

"I wonder…" Hakyeon pecked Taekwoon's lips, "honestly Taekwoon, I'm still a powerless human being you know," Hakyeon pushed himself off, "and this human being, is going to go for a shower because he has been in these clothes, since the morning," Hakyeon proceeded to ing the vest before getting pulled back onto the bed.

 

"I like you with that suit on though," Taekwoon growled before pinning Hakyeon down onto the bed, capturing his lips. He really did though. Hakyeon always always ALWAYS looked good in suits. Hakyeon always nagged back saying he didn't look half as good as Taekwoon who had long limbs and a shoulder broad enough that suits hung on him like it did on a mannequin but to Taekwoon, the way Hakyeon's body filled up a suit was deadly alluring.

 

"I don't want to ruin these clothes," Hakyeon groaned as Taekwoon released his lips.

 

"How can the clothes be ruined if you're not wearing it?" Taekwoon nipped Hakyeon's neck, earning a beautiful moan.

 

"Taekwoon, I can never say no to you can I?"

 

"Like you said, we're made for each other," Taekwoon breathed in Hakyeons scent. He wished for this to last forever.

 

-Fin-


 

Author's note:

 

And that's the proper end to Flowers of Romance (which I didn't really like so I pushed it here instead). I didn't know whether I wanted to include that bit about Ravi and Jaehwan dedicating a song to the couple but… I'm mushy like that. It made the final cut… Still can't believe I wrote something so cheesy…

 

I think you'll realise that only Jaehwan calls Ravi by his name, Wonshik (until they had ) and I thought that would be a nice touch to show how he's connected to Ravi even before he took up the pseudonym. You don't know how I struggled not to use Leo and Ken as shorter alternatives! I even started questioning why I wasn't calling Hyuk Sanghyuk!

Anyway, from how I'm going, I feel like my fics are getting tier and tier….

I sort of want to work on the idea of them challenging fate what with all the 'we're boind for each other' thing going on in this one but, I have no storyboard for that yet. There may or maynot be a sequel with msut. 


Finally, thank you for following this little series that had entertained me in my moments of stress. I hope you enjoyed it just as much as I did :)