二。Deal with the Devil

Tangled Webs

二。Deal with the Devil

“By the way, I’m the businessman you’re looking for.”

Yoona jerked back as if his breath stung her. This has got to be a joke. “No.” She uttered the words in disbelief and shook her head furiously. It couldn’t be. After all those days of planning and scheming, it all came down to this? “No, no, no, I want a different businessman. There has to be more of you.”  There should be more of them right? There was no way he could have been the one that made the deal with Mrs. Kim’s friend. That was over fifty years ago! Unless it was more of a one person kind of family business, then she was screwed.

The smirk on his face dropped into a snarl at the thought of his “co-workers” getting their filthy paws on her. No one was going to touch a single hair on her head, not if he had a say in it. “I’ll kill whoever dares to come.” Jungkook growled, exposing his canines menacingly.

The murderous threat sent chills down Yoona’s spin. She had no doubt he would do exactly as he says he would. While he had always tormented her with his presence he had never physically harmed her. Would he hurt her if she went against his wishes? “Why?!” The young woman cried out, “Why are you doing this to me?” It was getting colder by the hour and the tears rolling down her cheeks were turning to ice.

“To protect you.” Jungkook answered as if it was the most obvious reason. After watching over her all these years, you could say he was like Maleficent from the movies, he had grown attached. “Now what is your wish.”

He was a lunatic. “I would rather die than make a deal with you.” Pushing herself off the ground, Yoona got up and headed back to the diner.

“Why?”

Yoona glared at him in disbelief and fury. If glares could kill then he was a thousand times over dead. “Why? How could you even ask me that? You’re the reason I’m in this situation! After all the hell you put me through, do you really think I want to make a deal with you?”

His face flickered with hurt for a millisecond, then it was gone as soon as it came. Fair enough. Sending her to Gonjiam hadn’t been his initial intention. “You’ll die in this cold.” Winter in South Korea was chilling to the core and you avoid going unless it’s necessary. She was making a death for herself with the clothes she had stolen, the clothe was more fashionable than practical.

Despite the boots she had on, her toes were already freezing and starting to numb. At this rate she probably wasn’t going to make it through the night. “So be it.” Her doe shaped eyes hardened with determination.

 
 

Tangled Webs

99.9% of the times Jeon Jungkook has the skills to top any and all successful businessman. He knows because he and his friends has the highest record for eating souls. He was charismatic, suave, good at reading people, handsome from head to toe, in other words he was pretty much perfection. People had no reasons or wanted to reject him. In fact, there were several humans who even wished to be with him for the remaining five years of their life, both female and male, he flat out said no of course.

Yoona was a first for him. She’s the first to ever to try to befriend him without a goal, the first one to tell him she wanted another businessman, the first one he took interest to follow around in his free time…she was actually a lot of firsts for him, but that was going to end soon if she didn’t make a deal.

Maybe he should let her make a deal with one of the guys? Jungkook considered for a second and then squashed the idea. No, that would be reckless. He had an inkling about what she wanted, but if she was smart which she is she could very well wish him never to appear in front of her again. And he wasn’t about to let that happen. Not to mention he’s pride was on the line. The guys would never let him live it down that a mere human wanted nothing to do with him.

He glanced over to Yoona, who’s too cold to even realize he’s been outside of the car staring. She’s shivering and her eyes were getting dull. She was going to freeze to death. He’s close to panicking. This was not what he planned. He’ll try to persuade her again and if that didn’t work…he’ll have to call in for backup. Question was who would be a better businessman  among them?

 

Tangled Webs

Yoona hugged her legs as closely to her body as possible. The car stopped working an hour ago, out of gas and power. She’s lost feelings of her toes a while ago, her fingers were close to being completely numb and her eyelids fought against the need to close and never open again. This wasn’t what she had planned on but at least she wasn’t dying of old age or some health issue while being trapped in the mental hospital living her life repetitively. 

“Last chance to make a wish.” Jungkook appeared out of nowhere, she’s used to it though. If she wasn’t so cold she would have noticed despite only wearing a business suit, he wasn’t the least bit fazed by the cold.

“Go to hell.”

“Been there, done that.”

Her mind was too dull at that point to register the words he was uttering. “Can’t you at least let me die in peace?”

“Even if I could, which I would never allow, police are heading this way to take you back to Gonjiam.”

Her once drowsy lids snapped open in alertness. “Police?”

“While you were in the cuckoo’s nest, there’s this new invention called the GPS tracker, it’s installed in cars to track where it is.”

“I know what a GPS is.” Yoona snapped back and stared suspiciously at the young man. “How do I know if you’re telling the truth?”

Jungkook shrugged. “If you don’t believe me, just wait a couple of minutes.” Yoona chewed on her bottom lip, a habit of hers whenever she was nervous. “Are you sure you don’t wanna consider making a deal?” Take it, take the deal.

“So I will get to live out five years of my wish and then I die?” The idea of going back to Gonjiam was slowly dissolved her resolution not to make a deal with him. Going back wasn’t an option anymore. What’s the point of life if you’re just going to live as a zombie every day?

“Pretty much,” he noted the blue tint in her lips and scooted a little closer to hopefully provide body heat without alerting her. She was far too caught up in her own problem to notice. “For you, I’ll throw you in an extra year.” Heck he’ll even through in ten more years if it meant her making the deal.

If anyone told her yesterday that she was making a deal with the very man that caused her to be in Gonjiam she would have laughed at that person’s face and called them crazy but now she was actually considering it. She didn’t have any other options. “And how do I die? Do you choke me or what?” Now that she was saying it aloud, she’s certain she’s gone crazy. She was making a deal with a possible serial killer. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Jungkook refrained himself from smirking. She was smart. Unlike most of the people he dealt with, she knew to ask questions instead of only concentrating on why they wanted. “Not quite. I don’t actually kill you. I eat your soul.”

That was definitely not what she expected. “Does it hurt?”

“I wouldn’t know considering well...but you would be alive for it and from what I’ve heard it can hurt.” His normal response would be hardly or not at all but he didn’t want to lie to her. The beginning of their relationship shouldn’t start of on a lie.

She’s surprised by his honesty and grateful for it. At least he has the decency to tell the truth. Was she really doing this? Making a deal with the devil, so to speak? What would be so wrong in getting a wish granted before death? She’s sure others would kill for this opportunity.

Flashing lights in red and blue five coming from five blocks down alerted her that Jungkook hadn’t lied, the police was coming. Judging from the distance she had just enough time to get this over with before the police got to her.

“So what do I need to do to make this official, just tell you my wish?”

Jungkook faked a cough and hid the elated grin under his hand. He takes back what he said earlier, it should be 100% of the time instead of 99.9%, she just proved he was one hell of a businessman after all. “You need to write down your wish and sign it.” He held out a fine piece of paper and a pen out of thin air.

A normal life with my family. She wrote down and read it silently a few times before sneaking a look at Jungkook. His expression was unreadable. Her attention averted back to the paper in hand. It was vague, one's normal is another's hell. For all she knew he could be changing her back to a baby.  "What's your last name?"

"Jeon."

Scratching off the short sentence, she wrote another one. The life I would've had if I hadn't met Jeon Jungkook.  Yoona held out the paper in front of her and nodded in approval. This should work.

Jungkook smirked proudly. He was right about her being smart. "In case you're wondering, I can't turn back time." He said as if he read her mind. "If you're all set you can just sign the bottom part and press your right thumb here."

"What about this?" She pointed to a very large paragraph that's in fine print.

The police car rolled into the parking lot.

"Consequences of making the deal, me eating your soul yada yada. Oh and I'll be placing a mark on your body as a pact of our deal."

She's looking anxiously back and forth between the police and the contract. "Like a branding."

"Miss I need you to get out of the car now." The police officer said calmly using the microphone to broadcast his booming voice.

Branding, yes very soon she was going to be his. "I was going to say beauty mark but branding works. Where would you like it?"

The two policeman got out of the car, holding his flashlight and gun in front of themselves. “Hold your hands up in the air.”

"Surprise me." She signed the paper and sealed the deal with her thumb.


Michi: Presents for my readers :D hmmm the deal has been made. What kind of a life will Jungkook toss Yoona in? And what kind of a business man is he? Questions waiting to be answered in the next chapter. Happy Holidays guys! Enjoy and please Comment