너 하나만

mine • yours

Two years have passed. Everyone has given up on finding ShinB, and everyone hates her for leaving them behind and destroying their dream, for destroying GFriend and their "together forever"- except Yuju.

Eunha complies because she is her girlfriend and helps Yuju along whenever necessary.

However, she finds it too hard to carry on, seeing Yuju having another person on her mind all the time while the person she loves (or is supposed to love) is right there beside her all the time.

 

 

 

"ShinB," Yuju breaths, "I've finally found you."

Yuju watches as the wind blows through her hair that has grown out so much since the last time, with the gentle waves of the Mushimcheom river covering up the silence between them.

ShinB turns with hearing the familiar voice, the voice she's missed. She watches as she walks over, and the distance gradually decreases.

"I've finally found you," Yuju repeats her sentence along with her breath.

"You're going to ask me why," ShinB half-questions.

"I would, but I kind of figured it out myself," Yuju's answer stuns the younger one.

Does she know? ShinB asks in her head.

"Yes, I know, I realised why you ran away," Yuju seems to be answering the question in her mind.

"You ran away because of me right?" Yuju begins to cry once she is done with that statement.

"What?" ShinB takes a few steps, finally letting their bodies face each other.

"I thought back about everything, until the day you ran out of the dorm. The day we started," Yuju begins to explain, trying her best to control her emotions. She wipes off the tears from her face.

"Everyone gave up looking for you," Yuju takes a deep breath, "it's been two years," Yuju pauses.

"I don't blame them at all," ShinB mutters.

"But I didn't," Yuju continues, "I couldn't give up on you," Yuju keeps her desperate eyes on the shorter girl.

ShinB finally looks up to let their eyes meet.

"Eunbi," Yuju calls out, "come back to me," she begs.

"You call me Eunbi, but you're probably thinking of her," ShinB blinks and looks back down.

"That's what she said," Yuju whispers.

"Why aren't you giving up on finding her?" Eunha suddenly asks.

"Is that even a question? I'll never give up until I find her," Yuju harshly replies. She's tired of being questioned about her actions, because it is what she ought to do.

"She left us!" Eunha screams at her, with eyes that beg to understand.

"Eunbi-" she feels a slap on her face before she can speak her mind.

"Don't you call my name while thinking of the other one with the same name," she turns back to see Eunha glaring at her.

"I'm done with your heart and mind all for her while I'm supposed to be your girlfriend," Eunha whispers with tears in her eyes that are still fiercely cutting through Yuju's soul. "Let's end this," Eunha says and walks away into the bedroom.

Yuju stays frozen in her position with her hand on her reddening cheek. Eunha soon returns out with a suitcase.

"You keep the house," Eunha says before leaving, "You never felt me here anyway."

"I love ShinB, Hwang Eunbi," Yuju says firmly. "It took me too long to realise," she continues, "I'm so sorry."

The way Yuju utters her stage name makes her heart shatter; she hasn't been called by that name for two years.

"You were mine," ShinB breathes, "but not anymore."

Yuju glances at her with eyes all welled up with tears. "Eunbi-"

"Why does my heart seem to always belong to you, even now?" her lips tremble as she speak, and tears begin to fall once again.

Yuju's tears find their way down her cheeks too as she leans over and wraps ShinB up in a tight hug. ShinB at first tries to push her away, but gives up and begins sobbing in her arms.

"I'm yours now," Yuju whispers. No, she shakes her head, "I've always been yours. I'm sorry that my mind has seen the wrong direction, but my heart was always yours," she says and presses a gentle kiss on ShinB's hair, while the girl is still crying into her shoulder. Yuju blinks, and the tears in her eyes roll down her cheeks.

ShinB stops crying after a long while and pulls herself away from Yuju's embrace.

"Do you really love me?" ShinB's lips quiver as she asks the important question. "Are you really mine now, as much as I am yours?"

Yuju doesn't answer but decides to decrease the distance between their faces, until their lips touch.

"I love you, and only you," Yuju whispers as she holds ShinB in her arms in a tight embrace.