mine • yours

"I liked you," Eunbi's footsteps halt when she hears the voice.

"Always," her breaths shorten, and she anxiously takes another step to get a clearer view.

"Really?" Eunbi watches through the tiny gap between the slightly ajar door and the wall. She sees the back of a short girl- the Jung Eunbi who is almost of a best friend apart from the maknae, and behind her she can see the face of an angel- the angel she's always been in love with, the person who has always been bringing her joy, but not anymore.

"Saranghae," for the first time the voice of her angel breaks her heart and tears immediately begin to fall on Eunbi's face.

She does not turn away as Jung Eunbi tiptoes and they move closer, seemingly sharing a kiss. Eunbi feels suffocated. She takes a step back and collides with the wall of the hallway.

The two in the bedroom has not noticed her at all. Her heart feels a throbbing pain and her legs give way. She slowly goes down to a sitting position with her arms hugging her knees, but her eyes stay on the two in the bedroom. She bites on a finger as she sobs.

Why? Eunbi asks. I don't understand.

And will probably never, a voice tells her at the back of her head. The pain in her heart intensifies and more tears begin to blur her vision.

"ShinB? Are you alright?" she turns as she hears the clueless voice of their leader standing at the end of the hallway.

At the corner of her eye she sees a startled couple (the thought of it breaks her heart even more) inside the bedroom. She stands up at runs, slips in her shoes and immediately gets out of the dorm.

She runs with all her might, not caring about anything. The streets are almost clear at 1 in the night. She doesn't even care about her image as an idol because all that's on her mind is betrayal and rejection. She does not stop running until she reaches the Han river.

As she pants and the tears continuously fall without being stopped, she glances at the calm waves before her. She listens to the waters and close her eyes.

"Why?" she screams at the top of her lungs, her lips trembling. "You are mine!" she continues to scream.

"Why?" she screams the question again. Her hands drop lifelessly.

Her head drops to face the ground and she falls to a squat. She hugs her legs. "You were mine," she whispers, burying her face in her knees.

 

 

 

The group is suddenly called for a meeting at the company and they enter the place to feel a somewhat anxious aura.

"We're very sorry to have to break this to you guys but," their manager pauses.

"We're letting you go," the CEO continues.

"What?" five tiny gasps are heard, while Eunbi merely lifts her head up to see the situation, finally willing to look up.

"Does this mean disbandment?" their leader asks in a careful and trembling voice.

A cold, hard silence is heard.

The CEO clears his throat and begins to speak, "Well, it may mean disbandment but if all of you decide to stay together and find a company that will take in all of you together as a group you can continue as GFriend."

"Why?" Eunbi suddenly hears the question that has been on her mind for weeks spoken with the voice of her angel. Not anymore, she thinks to herself.

Eunbi listens as for five other girls begin to sob. She does not cry, because she is already numb to the pain. Yet, it intensifies even more and seems to be gobbling her up from inside.

Their CEO heaves a large sigh. "SourceMusic is bankrupt, and we can't survive with you guys anymore," he finally explains.

"Great, I can't survive with you guys anymore either," Eunbi mutters under her breath, and she feels her heart clenching inside her.

"ShinB? Did you say something?" she hears Jung Eunbi beside her.

She turns with an unconscious glare that terrifies Jung Eunbi. "No," she shakes her head and looks back down, wondering inside how did they end up sitting beside each other.

 

 

 

When they are told that they cannot keep the dorm, Eunbi is first to move out. She moves out and up all the way to Cheongju, her hometown, far away from the mess she faces in Seoul.

Weeks past as the girls frantically try to find her, but to no avail. Nevertheless, they aren't giving up; they're not going to debut with any member less, and they're not going to give up on their dream that they've worked so hard on either.

Still, Eunbi refuses to return to them.

Why? She asks herself.

There is no point.