Themepark Date

A Date With My Idol

Baekhyun walked down the stairs and into the kitchen and put bread into the toaster on the first day of the summer holidays. His mother filled him a cold glass of orange juice which he gulped down straight away while his father sat at the table, reading the newspaper and drinking his usual scolding hot morning coffee. Baekhyun began humming a familiar tune as the toast popped up, brown and crispy. His mother side-glanced him suspiciously as her son seemed a little too upbeat.

“Now that you’re on holiday, how do you plan to spend your days? Not following that celebrity i hope” she said. Baekhyun paused, as if caught in a sinful act, before letting out an awkward laugh.

“Of course not. I have a whole list of things i want to do.”

“Such as” his mother prompted him. Baekhyun was silent for a moment.

“Such as…going to the library” which in reality was ripping out pages of his idol, Park Chanyeol, from magazines. “And going shopping” he couldn’t wait to buy his idols new merchandise and cd that had just been released. “And there is also a music festival on in 2 days”, actually it’s Park Chanyeol’s concert to which he couldn’t wait to wave his light stick and scream fan chants. “I was thinking of taking a music class for learning guitar or something like that” Baekhyun thought of an interview he had read recently where Chanyeol had mentioned that his hobby was playing guitar and that he would only marry someone who could play alongside him.

Mrs Byun squinted her eyes and looked at Baekhyun suspiciously. Baekhyun gave her a sheepish smile.

“Well, that sounds very productive and a good way to spend your time. Which activity on your list are you doing today?” she asked ridding her mind of suspicions and trusted her son. Baekhyun finally took a crunching bite of his toast.

“I’m going to go to Lotte World with Kyungsoo today.”

“Do you need some money?”

“No, i have plenty from working at the music store” he smiled before finishing his breakfast and rushing to get ready. The truth was that Kyungsoo and him were going to a fan meet that was only 5 minutes away from Lotte World, but of course Baekhyun couldn’t tell his mother that otherwise she wouldn't let him go as she thought, and always told him that “following around some idol that doesn’t even know you exist is a complete waste of time” and he would always argue back with “Chanyeol appreciates everything his fans do for him and he deserves everyones love. And it’s not complete waste of time, nothing is when it comes to Chanyeol.”

What does she know? She just doesn’t understand, Baekhyun would think.

Baekhyun was waiting in front of the entrance of Lotte world and had been for nearly an hour. He was starting to freak out since the fan meet started in only 10 minutes and Kyungsoo still hadn’t arrived. Baekhyun began pacing when his phone started ringing. 

It was Kyungsoo.

“Where the hell are you? I’ve been waiting for you for ages and if you don’t get here soon we’ll miss it” Baekhyun told him irritably. Kyungsoo let out a loud fit of coughs through the phone.

“My mum won’t let me out of the house. She says i’m sick or something ridiculous like that. You’re gonna have to go without me” Kyungsoo said, his voice sickly and faint.

“You really don’t sound well…i hope you get better soon” 

“Don’t forget to get me an autograph too or i’ll kill you with my bare hands” Kyungsoo barked through the phone before letting out another fit of coughs and hung up.

Baekhyun sighed deeply. He began to walk away from the entrance to go to the fan meeting when he stopped himself as he noticed someone strange yet so familiar lurking behind a nearby pillar. Unable to ignore his curiosity he walked over and behind the tall man. 

Baekhyun tapped his shoulder. The man turned around, shocked, with dark shades on but even though he hid his eyes, Baekhyun knew who it was.

It was the one and only Park Chanyeol.

He was about to squeal with utter excitement but Chanyeol clamped Baekhyun’s mouth to stop him and put a finger to his lips ”shhhhh”. He nodded understanding and did as the idol wished before he removed his hand from the small boy’s mouth.

“Chanyeol? Are you…oh my gosh, you are! You’re Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun whispered.

“No, no i’m not. You’re mistaken” Chanyeol told him, trying to convince him. 

“You are Park Chanyeol, your ears are a dead give away” Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pointed to the idols yoda-like ears.

“Dang it!” Chanyeol muttered under his breath, annoyed at himself for getting caught.

“I just can’t believe it though. I can’t believe i’m talking to Park Chanyeol. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I’m seriously your biggest fan! This is the best thing that has ever happened to me…i have to call and tell Kyungsoo. He’s going to be so jealous. Wait, can i take a photo with you as proof? And, can i also get your autograph?” Baekhyun gushed out excitedly.

“STOP! Look, what will it take for you to be quiet and not give away my disguise?”

“Why aren’t you at your fan meeting? You call that a disguise?”

“It was kind of last minute, i didn’t really have any time to go all out and buy a costume, sorry to disappoint.” Chanyeol said sarcastically. “You ask way too many questions. Look, why don’t you spend the day keeping me company at Lotte World and i’ll also give you an autograph later. But you have to promise that you’ll keep this a secret, ok?”

“Ok. I can’t believe i’m going on a date with my ultimate favourite idol. Oh my gosh!” Baekhyun squealed. Chanyeol hid behind the pillars again as some people turned their heads due to his squeal.

“This is not a date.” Chanyeol assured him before continuing, “but first i’m going to have to find a better disguise…any ideas?”Chanyeol looked to Baekhyun. They both thought in silence and then a light bulb lit up in Baekhyun mind.

“I have a great idea” Baekhyun said before rushing Chanyeol into a nearby shop. After trying on so many different wigs and clothes, they finally found the best disguise ever and entered the amusement park undetected. 

“Remind me again why i’m dressed like a girl?” Chanyeol asked as he tugged on his dress that he was wearing. A group of guys walked by and whistled at him and one even gave him a wink. Chanyeol flicked his hair over his shoulder and looked disgusted.

“No one will be able to figure out who you really are while you’re dressed like that. Everyone will just think that we’re boyfriend and girlfriend” Baekhyun told him.

Baekhyun’s eyes lit up and he grabbed Chanyeol’s hand before he dragged him to different rides. They bought couple headbands with cat ears and Chanyeol couldn’t help but think that Baekhyun would look even cuter if he wore a headband with dog ears as he looked more like a puppy.

They both spent their whole date smiling and laughing and having the best time ever. 

They took a break and walked around the park while sharing a stick of cotton candy.

“So seriously, why aren’t you at your fan meeting? You realise that there are a lot of fans that must be really disappointed”

“I know, but i just wanted some time to relax and have fun. I haven’t had a single day off since i debuted. I’ll definitely make it up to them and it’s not like there won’t be a fan meeting today, it’ll just start late. Why are you here today?” Chanyeol asked but felt a twinge of guilt as he thought of his fans waiting for him.

“Well i was actually on my way to your fan meet when i seen you, and i was supposed to be going with my friend, Kyungsoo, but he couldn’t come since he’s sick” Baekhyun explained. 

“You two are such a cute couple! Would you like me to take a photo of you together?” a lady, with a polaroid camera, interrupted them.

“YES!” Baekhyun said with excitement. Chanyeol chuckled and thought that his enthusiasm was cute and nodded, “yeah, sure, why not.”

“1…2…3” the lady counted and the photo was taken. A few seconds later they received their photo and thanked her.

“We look so perfect together” Baekhyun whispered happily  to himself, not intending for anyone else to hear, but Chanyeol did.

“Yeah, we kind of do look good together” he smiled. Even though Chanyeol secretly wanted to keep the photo to remind him of the fun day he spent with such an adorable boy that he would never forget and began to actually like him, he allowed Baekhyun to keep it since Baekhyun couldn’t stop staring at it and it seemed to make him happy. 

Chanyeol decided that he should go back to the fan meet and knew he was going to get in huge trouble by his manager, but he felt his heart sink as he didn’t want to leave Baekhyun.

“If you ever want to take a day off from your idol life and need some company…and a good disguise, then just give me a call” Baekhyun forced a smile onto his face, even though he was also sad having to part with Chanyeol as he gave him two autographs. Chanyeol got an idea from Baekhyun’s words and smiled, “well then, i’m going to need your number.”

 

                                                                                                                

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I have been super busy so i rushed writing this as a congratulations for EXO winning for the 4th year at MAMA.

GOOD JOB EXO-L!

A link to my first punblished book: https://www.amazon.com/Frost-Anastasi-ebook/dp/B01M5HJIRK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480817364&sr=1-1&keywords=anastasi+frost

 

EXO MAMA2016 By the way their performance this year was absolutely mind blowing^^