Bride maid nightmare (Vixx Ravi x OC)

Whisper it out
Bride maid nightmare (Vixx Ravi x OC)
“I was the maid of honor. She insisted I wear a very tight, short dress and walk down the aisle with her brother who was also my stalker!! Nightmare”
Weddings—events that bring couples together so that they can live and start a family together. This event is suppose to be the happiest moment in a female's life,marrying a guy that you love and be with him for as long as possible. This was what happened at my bestfriend's wedding, it was the occasion which could entitled her to what believed, eternal happiness, as cliché as it sound. As her bestfriend, I was more than willing to her maid of honour, to make sure everything go according to perfection. But that 'perfection' disappear in one month prior the wedding.

✩★✩★✩★ 

“I really really need your help!” Minah, the bride, panicked through the phone, and I could as if see her pacing around in frustration.

“What happened?”

“Seohyun fractured her leg very badly and so she would not be able to carry out with the mini performance at the start of the wedding. And I only have you two as my maid of honor! What should I do? The wedding is less than a month away!” Judging from her voice, she sounded that she was very close to crying.

“Calm down Minah, I’ll replace her instead. Just tell me what I should do.”

“But it would put you in a very tight spot.”

“Just tell me what kind of performance it is.”

“It's a dance performance…”

“I think I can replace her.”

“But that's not my main concern..”

“What is it then?”

“It's with my brother...”

I felt my world spun as I heard who the person I was partnering. I heard a lot of nasty things about his brother and despite how much I could not stand his brother, I ended saying yes.

"Things I do for you...Sigh.."

✩★✩★✩★

I went to the mini dance studio that Minah's brother, Wonshik, owned. His brother was in the same college as I was and from what I knew, was a very erted person. 

Right outside the specific dance room that Minah asked me to go to, I could hear loud music playing in there. I knocked my fist against the wooden door. When there was no answer, I twisted the doorknob open only to meet with a sight of Wonshik dancing. As much as I could not stand him, I had to admit that he was pretty decent at dancing. I just hope that he was professional enough throughout this month.

As soon as I walked into the room, his face was filled with surprise before grinning widely.

"Hey!" He walked towards me and in three large steps, I was engulfed in his embrace. 

"It had been quite long since we last met." 

"Y-yeah." I replied awkwardly before pushing him away. I did not remember us being close enough to hug each other. 

"So how's Mochi? Did he recovered from the surgery yet?" He asked before taking a sit down on the practice room. 

My brows furrowed as I was left in disbelief. How did he even know what happened to my dog? He just went for the surgery yesterday and I did not even have the chance to tell anyone.  

"How did you know?" I asked, feeling creeped out. It was just plain weird how someone that you were not close to knew something very personal. 

His facial expression filled with shock, like he just blurted out something he was not supposed to but those eyes of his told otherwise. Those eyes held amusement with a tint of pride and I could not identify why.

"Random guess then. Why are you still standing there? Go put your bag down or something and sit down." He diverted the topic before waving his hand towards a far corner of the room. Though weary, I did as told and joined him sitting on the floor, with some distance away. 

He looked at the gap in distaste before patting the space beside him. I reluntantly shifted closer a little bit. 

Being unsatisfied with the remaining space, he reached over and in one strong tug, I was closely beside him. 

"Not that hard isn't it? I don't bite. Loosen up, we need to dance together, partner." He emphasized on the last word before swinging his arm over my shoulders,leaned closer and flashed a grin so wide, it rivalled the one of the Cheshire cat.

"Loosen up does not means sitting very closely together, partner." Flashing a fake smile, I swung his hand forcefully off me before pushing myself to the space I occupied previously, if not even further. 

"Unlike someone here, I have important business to attend to later. Please get this thing over and done with." I deadpanned, showing that I did not have time for jokes. I knew that it was rude to be blunt, but I was very uncomfortable how he was acting. 

"Oh come on, don't lie. You have nothing on at all, maybe just go home and eat instant noodle while watching some random snappy drama." He lied down before facing me and flashed that annoying smile once again. 

"How did you know all these stuff?" I narrowed my eyes at him, cold shivers travelling down my spine in an eerie motion. He knew that I did not had anything planned and even my routine when I was bored

"I can tell you more, if you want to know." He winked at that statement. I could feel goosebumps forming on my skin as I instinctively shifted further away.

"No thanks, lets just get started." I replied, the urge to go home had heightened. 

"What did you and Seohyun plan before she got hurt? We can do that performance since you pretty much practiced for it." 

"Oh, I was thinking of doing another performance though." He pouted, faking disappointment. 

"Aww, too bad." I cooed-mocked him. "Lets just perform the one that was plan originally. 

"Okay then." He got up to get his tablet before taking a seat awfully close to me. 

"Since my sister is a VIP, we had decided to do "I need a girl" by Taeyang." He said, leaning even closer to show me the dance. 

Without him realising, I started shifting further and further away, minding the lack of personal space.

I realised that in the dance, both of them have to dance very closely together but even though there are not too extreme moves, there are instance in which there will be skinship.

"What about you go and practice or something while I try to learn the dance from the tablet?" I told him, hoping that he would get the hint to get started. 

Thank goodness, he agreed but not before taking the tablet away from me.

"Hey, I need the tablet to view the dance." I explained but instead of giving it back, he stood there with mocking smirk. 

"Really? Then.." Wonshik stuck out his cheek pointing to it.

It did not take a genius to know what he was implying but two can play this game.

I walked closer while trying hold an angelic smile. "Are you sure?"

He nodded, looking absolutely delighted. Leaning closer, I could see that he closed his eyes to savour the moment but around a few inches away from his cheek, I stopped, smirked before slapping him not too gently across the face. 

It was no evident that he was up to no good so the moment when he thought I was about to kiss his cheeks, he turned around, attempting cheek-to-lips kiss but in his surprise, a palm was slapped against his mouth instead.

"What was that for?" Wonshik exclaimed, not liking the twist of event.

"Oh, I thought you like a slap on your face instead. You did not really specify and who knows what is going on in that head of yours." Shrugging, I reached over to get the tablet in his hands.

"Go and practice on your own, i'll navigate around the tablet myself." I shoo-ed him away and press the lock button on the tablet.

When the tablet began to show its content, I was in complete shock.The lockscreen was a candid photo of mine when I was still in high school, wearing the uniform. When I swipe open, the homescreen was a photo as me as well, but after making a trip to the neightbourhood grocery stall. Shock was plastered all over my face but I tired to not be so obvious, so that I could continue scrolling through the tablet with him knowing.

When I glanced towards him, he was still practicing the cheorography, completely oblivious to what I found out or just plain ignorant about the fact that I was seeing things that creep me out.

Subtlety, I pressed the photo icon which displayed rows and columns of me, ranging from as recent as this morning. There were all kind of photos taken- in school, with friends, around the neighbourhood. There are even photos that was just my leg, dangerously close to underneath my skirt. One of the most disturbed photos were when I just came out of the shower, in nothing but towel. Being creeped out was an understatement, I was horrified.

"I see you found out my ." A voice interrupted me from behind and when I turned around, Wonshik was there smirking, feeling incredibly proud.

"I was still wondering why you had not the video. Turn out that you were appreciating my collection of photos. How do you find them? I took all by myself." He smirked wider, taking over the tablet and scrolling through the photos, clearly enjoying himself. 

"You are pure sick." I glared while spitting out the words. But instead of looking apologetic, he put down the tablet and stepped closer before smiling widely. 

"What can I say,I am in love with you." His eyes turned dark and in a split second, cornered me. 

"I was planning that after the practice, I would bring you for a romantic dinner and confessed. Perfect plan isn't it? But you just had to ruined it all." His voice dropped by a note, words spat out in a harsh way. 

"You are the one that ruined it all. I found you suspicious the moment I entered the room, just that I did not find any evidence against you until now." I glared back. 

He was enraged, before punching the wall beside me to cage me in. "I? The one that ruined it all? Don't be ridiculous. I was going to be the sweetest boyfriend that you will ever find." He sputtered before moving even closer. 

"I did what all perfect boyfriends do. I remember all details about you, pay my every attention to you and even give you things that you like." He said, hand reaching up to curl a stray strand of hair behind my ear, leaving cold chills behind. 

I glared at him with disgust, when my hand reached out to punch him across the face, his reflex was to grab both of my hand before moving even closer.

"Ah-ah, not so fast." He stated with a disapproving look. 

"I knew how much you want to have thicker hair, so I got you hair extensions. You wanted to be smarter, so I brought you pig brain. I even got you daily necessities, like those lingerie. I picked them out myself, with all of you in mind." He said with a grin in which I replied with a horrified look, remembering those weird and creepy gifts I had gotten. 

"I even called you everyday, just to listen to your voice. The messages that I sent are all messages complimenting you as well. Isn't that what all girls want their boyfriend to do?" He continued.

"Other than creepy and sick, I do not know what else is more suitable to describe you. It is not love, its obsession." 

"But ain't I nice, getting all those things that you like. You want to know what is obsession? I will show you what is obsession." The grin was his face was stripped off to replace one that is so, so cold. His eyes turned into one that similar to one of a lunatic before throwing himself on me.

By instinct, my knee jerked up which hit him at where it hurts. His face contorted in absolute pain and while he was caught off guard and holding his precious jewels, he unconsciously moved backwards and bend in a weird position. 

Taking the chance, I went to get my bag but before I could get out of the door, a hand pulled me back tightly by the wrist.

"Where do you think you are going?" his voice came out painful, obviously not over the sudden pain I had caused him

Okay, you asked for it..

My leg swung up and in a split second, he was down on the floor, chest down while grabbing onto his neck.

"You seem to forget that I had a black belt in taekwondo, despite how attentive you claimed to be. I hope that this will be the last meeting we will get, partner." I spat before moving out of the door, getting rid of him from my sight. 

✩★✩★✩★

"Holy , he was that kind of person? I thought that he just took a little liking towards you, who knew that he became such a stalker? I am so sorry, I should had not suggested the meeting in the first place." Minah sounded so apologetic through the phone, as if she could stop whatever Wonshik had done. 

"It's not your fault, you didn't know. But what about your wedding? I don't think I can work together with him anymore."

"What about you perform solo? I guess Wonshik will do solo as well." She suggested which I agreed to it. 

"I guess instead of dancing, I'll sing since there will already be a dance performance."

"Great, but there is still one more concern."

"What is it?" 

"You remembered how I said that you are the only bridemaid left?"

"Yes, and?" I do not get a very good feeling about this.. 

"Its means you are the only one I had to walk me down the aistle, together with Wonshik." 

To that, I had unconsciously uttered a string of profanities that I didn't even used before. 

 ✩★✩★✩★

The past couple of weeks had me spent, making me to run from venues to venues just to make sure that the wedding turn out perfect. Just to save time, I even stayed over at Minah's since she live alone and her home is nearer to the wedding venue. 

It was roughly a week left to the wedding and we were out, picking the dress for me.

“I am not wearing that dress” I folded my arms, looking at the flimsy piece of clothing with disgust. It looked like it could barely able to cover what was necessary.

The dress was of a baby blue shade with intricate design. But what bothered me the most was not the pattern but was the length. It would surely land around mid thigh and the back would hitched up as I walk. The dress was also very body hugging and I definitely would not feel comfortable in it.

“But it goes well with my wedding dress, you would hope for the best for me don't you?” Minah looked at me hopefully while batting her eyelashes . I kind of regretted my decision on accepting to be her bride of honor but since she was my best friend, I would do everything to make sure big day went well. 

“Fine, you owe me one.” I made an rolling eye gesture before shoving her lightly, making her laugh in delight.

“Thank you, you are the best!” Her cheerful voice sounded outside the changing room I just walked into.

Just hope that I do not embarrass myself…

✩★✩★✩★

“How is it? Horrible isn't it?” I walked out of the changing room, busy tugging down the flimsy piece of cloth that was barely keeping my sanity together.

“Oh Damn, you look good! Why are you hiding those assets of yours these few years?” She gasped before going around to look at how the dress for on me.

Seeing how I deliberately tried to pull the dress lower to cover more of my legs, she slapped my hand away before giving me a warning look.

“It's not my fault that the dress is soooooo short. Can't you get me something longer?” I asked with a pleading tone, hoping that she would change her mind on the dress.

“Well it's not my fault that you always wear non-feminine clothes and have to suffer the fate of being uncomfortable with feminine ones. Blame your baggy clothes.” She said sassily.

“But those clothes are comfy” I whined, earning chuckles from the shopkeepers and salesgirls.

“Too bad, I had already paid for the dress. Unless you want to pay extra and find another dress in like what, less than a week's time?”

“Geez, I can never out talk you. I hate you for doing this to me.”

“Aww I love you too” She cooed before walking away like a diva.

✩★✩★✩★

Finally, the long awaited event had arrived. 

The ballroom was decorated with a majestic feel, the theme was white, symbolising purity.

Damn, once again, I must say that we did a good job, the place look extravagant.

I thought, looking around. I was standing at the resting area, preparing to walk down the aisle.

"...You should totally wear like this more often. Looking smoking hot here ma lady." Wonshik rambled beside me, obviously checking me out.

"First, no one is listen to your mindless murmbling. Second, please look to the front, the ceremony is starting very soon." 

The playing of music signalling the start. With tolerance and a fake smile, I had to loop my arm over Wonshik's before walking down the aisle to commence the official start of the wedding. 

✩★✩★✩★

After endless of waiting, a soft melodious music played on before the ballroom door swing open, revealing Minah wearing a baby pink wedding dress with ruffles. 

Everyone was in awed at how marvelous she looked like, the state of bliss that she was in after such a long wait. Glancing at Wonshik I realised that he was staring at her wide-eyed, looking absolutely happy for his sister. 

"She's a beauty isn't it?" I asked softly, seeing the happy aura radianting from him. He was a total different persona from the creepy stalker he was, this one showed one of innocent and gratitude that his sister had grown up so well. 

"Yea, I feel so proud of her." He gave an silent applause, barely keeping his feeling inside of him. As much as I dislike him, I had to admit that he was a pretty decent brother to Minah, one that would feel proud of her and there with her no matter what, accepting every decision that his sister make. 

Once Minah reached just in front of the podium, her voice wavered as she reached out for Wonshik. 

"Oppa..." She called out, her voice cracked as tears welled out at the corner of her eyes, threatening to fall. 

In a couple of steps, Wonshik engulfed her in a tight hug. 

"You grow up so well, my baby sister, I am so proud of you, Oppa is so proud of you." I could hear all the sweet things he said in Minah's ear from the close distance. 

They pulled away before Wonshik wiped her tears for Minah. "Why are you crying, silly girl? The night is yours, you should enjoy it, not cry about it. I give you all of my blessing." He gave Minah a finaly hug before turning to the groom. 

"If you hurt her, I will not let you off." He made a throat-slicing gesture together with a glare. 

"But dude, you are very lucky. Make her happy!" He shifted his menacing look into one of soft happiness, a smile lingered at his lips before walking back to the podium.

"Lets hand this over to the priest." He MC-ed.

 ✩★✩★✩★

Throughout the whole wedding, Wonshik started throwing me cheesy pick-up lines which made me cringe so badly.

"...If you are reborn as a vegetable your next live, you will be a cute-cumber." He said it with a wink.

To that I could only give a look of horror. "Dude, did you like get that line from books or something?" 

"Tch, don't insult my sense of humor." He shook his head disapproving before turning away, finally leaving me alone. 

After like half an hour, I realised that Wonshik was awfully quiet which made me feel kind of bad if I had offended him.

But when I turned to him, he was awe-struck by a girl in front of him.

"So beautiful..." He mouthed, and I realised that he was looking at one of my classmates. 

I made a silent cheer in my head. I guess this means that I would not be his target of stalking anymore!

admin note //
Just to let you know, Chinese have this myth that eating pig brains can make you smarter. But I had never drank pig brain soup in my life so... Is it a myth or not, I don't know.

Guys, the character in this story is not real, please do not bash or hate on any of them. Vixx's Ravi is a very cool and nice person but because of how he was portrayed in LR Beautiful Liar, I had to include him in.

Okay, that's the end of the one-shot! I know its kinda weird, the progress and all. But fred not, I will definitely bring you better stories next time!

Its just that I had work for this story for over the span of a few weeks and everyday I would have different feelings and idea so it kinda all clashed together TT^TT

But I will definitely do a better job next time, until then, bye!