Chapter 2

Sweet Like You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Word Count; 2,014

YOU

 

It was around six thirty, the cafe usually closes around seven. We may be a cafe, but we don’t open all day and night, there’s other places for that. The only one’s left were me, Jisoo, Seokjin, Yoongi and Jiae.

 

Although Jiae’s shift ended two hours ago, she stayed behind. Either it’s because she wants to flirt with Yoongi or she actually wants to help out. My shift would of ended around the same time as her, since only the managers stay back. But I usually stay back because Jisoo and Seokjin are my best friends. In honesty, I don’t know why Yoongi stayed behind. I don’t know if it’s because he bonded with us three and he instantly became our friend, not that I’m complaining thought. I don’t know if it’s because he actually wanted to help us with cleaning. I don’t know if he had other reasons to stay behind. I don’t know.

 

The atmosphere was getting awkward, but it wouldn’t be if Jiae wasn’t here. The three of us usually joke around and chat a lot during this time. I was pretty sure if Yoongi was here, just by himself it would be the same, but since Jiae is here; and she’s usually not, it became awkward.

 

Seokjin was the first to break the silence, “Jiae-ssi, shouldn't you be going home now? Your shift ended a while ago,” he kept cleaning.

 

Jiae quickly turned to look at her manager and then looked at me and then back to him. “I want to help clean, considering how packed it was today. Plus, Yerin always stays back and cleans, even though we have the same shift.”

 

I looked at her upon hearing my name. Yes, I do stay back, but it’s not always. I only stay back if I have no schedules afterwards. Plus, I sometimes stay back but don’t usually clean much since it’s usually never packed. I just sit and wait for them to finish cause we usually go hang out afterwards.

 

“Seokjin hyung, I’ll be going now,” Yoongi put back the broom and headed towards the seat where his bag was. “I’ll get going too!” Jiae hurriedly put back the broom. Obviously trying to catch up to Yoongi. She’s trying to flirt with him, obviously.

 

I looked at Jisoo and she looked back, we both shook our heads and laughed. Jiae and Yoongi bid their goodbyes and headed off together. And when I meant together, I meant together. She was awfully close to him and he didn’t seem to mind. Were they friends? Close friends?

 

Why am I thinking about this? This doesn’t concern me.

 

Jisoo noticed me staring outside, she clicked her fingers in front of my face and I snapped out of it. She looked to where I was staring, “Don’t tell me you like him already?” she nudged me. I side eyed her and she was smiling like a creep. I pushed her away from me, “No, what made you think that?”

 

She pointed towards the entrance, “You were staring at the door, in a disapproving way.”

 

I shook my head, “You want a fight, how about you huh? When will you tell Seokjin about your feelings?”

 

She quickly tried to cover my mouth and frantically started to look around. I already knew the Seokjin was at the back, he couldn’t possibly hear us. I removed her hands, “I wouldn’t say it if he was around okay? Chill.”

 

“You never know!” I rolled my eyes.

 

This girl was obviously in love with him. Anyone could tell. The way she looks at him, how she’s slightly shy around him, it’s cute and I ship it. Jisoo sighed, I looked over, she was looking at the ground. “So what if I tell him? I can tell he likes someone else.”

 

Shocked, I widened my eyes, “”What? You’re joking right?”

 

She shook her head, “But who could it be? He only hangs out with us though.”

 

Jisoo shrugged, “That’s what I want to know.”

 

“What if he hangs out with other people from his other guy friends?”

 

“Could be a possibility, I’ve given up anyways,” she slowly walked away. I walked towards her, putting my arm around her shoulder in the process. “Don’t. You don’t know.”

 

She sighed and just then, Seokjin walked out. “What’s with your face?” he pointed at Jisoo. “Nothing,” she smiled, “we’re all done now!”

 

Seokjin nodded and looked at me. I gave him a warm smile. “I’ll meet you outside then. Let’s get some deokbokki.”

 

We both nodded our heads eagerly and went back to the back to grab our bags. I went out first since I already got changed. Jisoo went to the change rooms and I met up

Please log in to read the full chapter