Chapter 1

Sweet Like You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Word Count; 1,198

YOU

 

Saturday. It meant that I had work that day. Not that I’m complaining, it’s a relaxing job, working at a cafe. It’s not a busy cafe which is even better. I got up and changed into my work clothes. It was a beige coloured uniform and a black apron, which was for waitresses and waiters. Barista’s have striped aprons just to tell us apart.

 

I grabbed my tote bag which had my clothes and important items and left for work. Living by myself, paying the rent wasn’t easy, but everything worked out. The landlady is very nice and usually when I can’t pay the rent on time, she gives me extra set amount of time. 

 

Making my way towards the cafe, I noticed how more people are around the area. It’s around eight in the morning, usually it would be business men and women around at this hour, but now? There were more students, a lot more. I can tell because I’m one myself. Curious, I quickly make my way towards the cafe and my manager and best friend Jisoo was currently outside, trying to control the crowd. 

 

I looked at her, “What’s going on?”

 

“The cafe is full, in the goddamn morning because of our new employee,” she annoying huffed.

 

Looking back inside the cafe, you could see all the girls staring at one particular person. His hair was pink, in a peachy tone and his skin looked silky and smooth like cream, I can see why everyone is staring. I patted her shoulder and made my way inside. 

 

I headed toward the back when I heard my other manager speak; Seokjin. He’s a nice guy, broad shoulders and handsome face. If he wasn’t my manager, I would definitely try to hit on him. Although I sometimes thinks he’s flirting with me, the way he looks over to me, it’s a soft glaze. I admit, I do get butterflies in my stomach if I catch his glaze. His eyes are captivating.

 

Shaking my thought, I look up towards Seokjin, “A little late are we?”

 

I chuckled, “Sorry.”

 

He shook his head and guided me towards the counter, where the new guy was. I looked up at Seokjin and he just smiled back. His smile made me blush a little, I hope he didn’t see that. Once we reached the counter, Seokjin headed behind the counter and left me there with the new guy. I couldn’t really see his face yet as he was facing the other direction, chatting with another employee. “Ahem,” Seokjin coughed.

 

The other employee went back to do her job and the new guy finally turned around. I was staring at his side profile. His facial features were sharp, the way his eyes line up in a straight line and his monolids too. His nose was round and cute. And his lips..

 

“Yerin?” I snapped out of my thoughts, why am I thinking about his lips? That’s creepy on so many levels.

 

“Yes?” I looked at Seokjin.

 

“This is out new employee, Min Yoongi,” he gestured

Please log in to read the full chapter