Home Videos (Part 2)

Ours

A/N: Special appearances by the rest of Infinite!


 

Minji wasn't sure how long this video was, but what she had just witnessed made her want to see more... to know more... and to understand.

Clutching Coco to her chest, she continued to watch the home videos.

 


 

The camera was facing the front door, and all around, all kinds of noises and muffled voices could be heard. On the small coffee table at the center of the room laid plates of sandwiches, kimbap, and fried chicken.

A face appeared on the camera of a young teenage boy with dark hair, cute cat-like eyes, and thin lips. He looked at the lens with furrowed brows, fingers under his chin in contemplation.

“Jongie-ah! Did you get the camera set up?” a voice called out.

Sunjong looked to the side. “Yes, hyung! I think it’s recording now!”

A few second later, another figure bounded into the scene beside Sungjong with a cake in his hands. He took one look at the camera and grinned a wide grin.

“Hyung will be happy! He really wanted to capture the moment they walk in the door with Minji!” he exclaimed, placing the cake at the center of the coffee table, surrounded by the other delicacies.

Sungjong only nodded, quietly, which didn't go unnoticed by his hyung.

“What’s wrong, Jongie-ah?” he asked.

“N-Nothing, Dongwoo-hyung.”

“No, it’s not nothing. I’ve known you since you were in diapers. When you don’t have anything sarcastic to say, you’re quiet. Now, spill it.”

Sungjong sighed. “It’s just… Now that Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung have a baby, they probably won’t have much time for us anymore.”

At the younger boy’s sad look, Dongwoo just grinned before grabbing him in a headlock.

“Hyung! Let go!”

“Awww, Jongie-ah! Don’t you worry! Even if Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun won’t have time for you anymore, Howon and I always will! Besides, you’re in Grad school now! You’re all grown up! You don’t need your hyungs anymore!”

“Hyung! Seriously! Let go!”

Laughing delightedly, Dongwoo let him go, flashing him a look of understanding. “I know why you feel that way. That happened when your parents had your little brother, right? I remember you crying to us, saying that they don’t love you anymore. But, it wasn’t the case back then, right?”

Sungjong looked thoughtful. “No, of course not. That was silly of me to think.”

“You were only five, Jongie. And it wasn’t the case then, and it won’t be the case now. You know that Gyu-hyung and Woohyunie have been waiting for this for so long. Since before they even got married, they wanted a kid.” Dongwoo grabbed him into a headlock again, ruffling the younger boy’s hair into a messy nest. “And Minji-ah is so cute! You have a cute little dongsaeng now! You can be her oppa!”

“Hyung, stop! And that’s weird. I’m her uncle, just like the rest of you!”

“Jongie-oppa!”

As Sungjong tried to break away from his hyung’s grasp, a third figure entered the scene in rushed steps, his hands grasping strings of different colored balloons.

“Yeol just texted! They’re here! Get the camera ready!” he said, tying the balloon strings to the chairs and tables.

“The camera has been ready, Howon! Where are the poppers?!”

“Poppers? We can’t use poppers! What if the sound hurts the baby’s ear?!”

“I can’t believe I forgot the camera was recording! I just spilled my guts out! I need to erase it!”

“There’s no time for that, Sungjong! They’re already at the parking garage!”

“Let’s just use the small ones then! I have them right here!”

“No poppers!”

“I’m stealing that tape after the party!”

Loud voices from outside, as well as the sound of a key in the door, was heard and the three froze, heads turned towards the door. Within seconds, it opened.

Dongwoo released a popper. It went off with a loud “pop” and confetti fell around them as Sunggyu entered, followed by Woohyun and a baby carrier, and Sungyeol and Myungsoo behind him.

“Dongwoo hyung!” Hoya scolded, but the older didn’t mind.

“Welcome home, Minji-ah!” Dongwoo squealed, clapping.

Sunggyu and Woohyun laughed, as Woohyun immediately placed the carrier on the floor, while Sunggyu went towards the camera and picked it up.

The camera moved to where everyone was gathered around the carrier and a baby Minji looked up at them all with her large brown eyes filled with fascination and delight.

The adults cooed at her, making different faces and noises to get her to smile and laugh at them.

“Aigoo, hyung, she’s so cute!” squealed Dongwoo.

Beside him, Howon nodded. “You picked really well.”

At that, Woohyun huffed. “We didn’t just pick her! She called out to us. As soon as I saw her picture, I knew she was ours! It’s fate! Right, Gyu?”

A chuckle behind the camera. “Yes.”

Sungyeol waved a dismissive hand. “Whether you picked her or it’s fate, doesn’t matter. She’s going to be so pretty when she grows up! And she’s definitely smart, like me! In the car, I asked her who Uncle Yeol was and she pointed to me!”

“That’s because you waved a toy in her face!”

“Shut up, Myung!”

“I’m only telling the truth as it is!”

“Okay, that’s enough fighting where my baby can hear you!” Woohyun began shoo-ing them away from the carrier. “I have to change and feed her now. You guys can start eating.”

“Need help?” asked Sunggyu from behind the camera.

“Oh! Can I help?” Sungjong begged. “Please?”

Woohyun chuckled. “Sure, Jongie-ah. Can you get the bag?”

He picked up the carrier while Sungjong punched the air in victory before grabbing the baby bag from where Myungsoo had placed it on the couch earlier.

As they left the living room to head towards the nursery, Dongwoo went up to Sunggyu, who was placing the camera back down again. Only the lower half of their bodies showed.

“Whatever you do, don’t let Sungjong get that camera.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Trust me. But, watch it later, okay? I think it’s important for you to know.”

“Um, okay.”

“You might want to turn that off now and hide it while he’s distracted.”

“Oh, sure.”

“Hey, hyung?”

“Yeah?”

Dongwoo chuckled. “I’m happy to see you both so happy.”

“Me too, Dongwoo.”

The scene ended.

 


 

Hearing her Appa say that it was fate that she became their baby made the guilty feeling in Minji’s stomach come back, but she also felt really warm and happy. Her Appa always said that to her. He said that she was born to be theirs. And if she was perfectly honest (she was! Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun did not raise a liar! Except for that one time she ate a cookie before dinner, but Daddy had one too!), she had never wanted anyone else to be her parents.

Not even her favorite Uncle Jongie! Yes, Uncle Jongie (whose hair was now yellow like his favorite lemon candy), was her favorite amongst her uncles (shhh… don’t tell the others!)

Whenever he babysat, they always played a lot of games and he taught Minji how to put on make-up (only the toy ones for now. Daddy said she was too young for real make-up). They also drew a lot of dresses together and Uncle Jongie would ask her what she liked (like what color she wanted or if she wanted diamonds or sparkles or butterflies), and he would make the dress for her!

Before contemplating if she could ask him to make her another dress, her Appa’s face on the TV caught her attention.

 


 

Woohyun was giggling into the camera as he placed a finger against his lips in a “shhh…” sign.

“This is the cutest thing you’ll see today,” he said to the camera before turning it around.

He walked down the hallway and into their small living room. Various toys and baby necessities were scattered all over the floor and the carpet.

But, the goal of Woohyun’s recording was the couch, rather, the figures on the couch.

Fast asleep on his back was Sunggyu, mouth slightly open and drooling. And against his chest, also fast asleep with her thumb in and one of her father’s larger hand on her back, lay Minji.

It was a comical and yet sweet picture. Woohyun placed the camera down on the coffee table and kneeled in front of his husband and daughter, a fond smile on his face. Without another word, he took out his cellphone from his pocket, scooted a little farther away and took a picture.

Then, he turned to the camera.

“Aigoo, my hubby and baby are too cute!” he whispered, giggling, hand on his chest. “Gyu, if you’re watching this, I just want you to know that you’re making me fall in love even more! Won’t you stop? I don’t think my heart can take it.”

He paused and looked back at the sleeping figures, who hadn’t moved an inch except for their chests rising and falling.

“On second thought, don’t stop making me fall for you. It makes living life much more worth it.” He chuckled at the camera. “I’m getting greasy again, aren’t I? It’s not my fault, you make me like this. You and Minji… You both just make me so happy.”

He raised a hand to his face to wipe away at a lone tear and sniffed. “Aish, I should stop now before I bawl my eyes out.”

He picked up the camera again and turned it towards the sleeping pair.

A hand reached out to brush Sunggyu’s hair from his closed eyes and a pair of lips pressed against his forehead. The camera moved to capture Minji, and Woohyun’s hand again reached out to gently caress her head of thin dark hair before his lips pressed a kiss against the tresses.

“I love you both so much.”

 


 

Woohyun was seated at the dining table, feeding a happy Minji on her high chair. She was bigger than in the previous videos and more in tune with what was around her.

“Aigoo, you eat so well, Minji-ah!” Sunggyu praised from behind the camera.

The baby turned her head to look at him and giggled reaching her arms for him.

“Gyu! Stop distracting her!”

“But, she’s so cute. And I want a lot of these videos to bring with me to California!”

At that, Woohyun suddenly froze, the little baby spoon halfway to Minji’s mouth. His face fell and a small pout appeared on his lips.

There was a sudden silence, save for Minji’s eating, although she seemed to quiet too due to the tense atmosphere.

“Hyun…”

Said man pursed his lips before putting down the bowl of pureed carrots on the table and picked up a napkin, avoiding his husband’s eyes.

“Woohyun…” Sunggyu tried again.

This time, the other answered.

“Do you really have to go?” he asked in a soft voice as he wiped the corners of the baby’s mouth, neatly.

“It’s only for two weeks.”

“Two weeks is still a long time.” Woohyun placed the napkin aside and picked up Minji into his arms.

Without another word, he stood up and headed out of the room. The camera followed him to the living room where he placed the baby amongst her toys.

Letting out an excited giggle, Minji grabbed some blocks with her small hands and started piling them on top of each other. Woohyun sat on the floor nearby, just watching.

The camera was put down, pointed at Minji playing. Meanwhile, Sunggyu’s side profile headed for his husband’s direction.

“I know you’re upset, but you know I have to,” he said. “The CEO insisted I accompany the band to meet the American producers.”

“I know and I’m proud of you for it! Really! Not everyone can have a husband whose song impressed producers from America so much that he gets invited to meet them. It’s just… We’ve been married 2 years and we’ve never been apart for that long before… And you're not even going to be in the same country!”

Sunggyu chuckled. “Then you get to miss me for once!”

There was the sound of a smack. “I miss you when you’re at work!”

Another chuckle and Sunggyu appeared on camera, settling down next to Minji. He lifted a hand and poked the blocks, toppling her tower. She let out a shriek and angry pout at her father before building it up again. Sunggyu laughed at her.

“Be more like Minji, Hyun! She doesn’t mind.”

“Minji doesn’t even know you’re leaving! She’s 10 months old!” Woohyun appeared and plopped down next to his husband, a pout still on his face.

Sunggyu flashed him an adoring smile before wrapping his arms around the younger man and pressed a kiss on his cheek.

“Aigoo, my Woohyunnie,” he teased. “I’ll be back before you know it and I’ll bring back presents! What do you want? Clothes? Lotion? What were those chocolates you like, again? The ones Soji-noona sends us.”

Woohyun mumbled something.

“What was that?”

“The Ferrero Rocher.”

Sunggyu chuckled and kissed his nose. “You got it, Hyunnie.”

The caramel-haired man then turned to the baby and picked her up before lying down on his back on the floor. He raised the startled but delighted Minji in the air.

“What about you, Minji-ah? Do you want toys? I’ll buy you lots of new ones! I’ll even take a picture of Mickey Mouse for you!”

“Gyu, she has a lot of toys, already!”

“Nothing is too much for my princess!”

“Aish! And you say I spoil her too much!”

Woohyun got up and finally noticed the camera. “Gyu, you left the camera on again! You’re wasting the battery.”

“Sorry, can you turn if off for me?”

“Fine.”

The younger man approached the camera.

“Minji-ah, should I get Appa new toys too?”

“Y-Yah! Stop being dirty around my baby!”

“That’s not even what I meant, pabo!”

Sunggyu’s laughter rang out as the camera turned off.

 

 


 

The new scene began quickly.

There was no one in front of the camera, but it was moving down the hallway and stopped outside a door. Cooing noises were coming out of it and a giggle was heard from behind the camera. A hand reached out and pushed the door open.

Woohyun was dressing up little Minji, cooing to her as he buttoned up the frilly onesie. The baby was lying on the bed, smiling cutely at her father. At the sound of another person entering the room, Woohyun turned.

“Oh, Dongwoo-hyung!” he greeted. His brows furrowed at the camera. “What are you doing?”

Dongwoo laughed from behind the camera. “Sunggyu-hyung called me from America and said he misses his two favorite people, so he wants a video of them!” There was a pause. “Apparently, it’s not me and Howon,” he added in a disappointed tone.

Woohyun chuckled and turned towards the baby who was kicking her legs at him. “You heard that, princess? Daddy misses us! Let’s say ‘annyeong’ to him, arasso?”

The baby giggled as Woohyun picked her up and turned towards the camera. 

“Annyeong!” Woohyun waved cutely before taking baby Minji’s tiny hand and waving it at the camera too. “Daddy, annyeong!”

Dongwoo came into the frame with a wide grin. “Hyung! We miss you a lot! Come home soon, arasso?!”

He turned the camera to the father and daughter again.

Woohyun was pouting now. “It’s so lonely without you, jagiya! One week is too long! I don’t know if I can handle another. So, hurry home or our princess will forget you! Right, Minji-ah?” He turned to the still giggling baby in his arms. “See? She says hurry up!”

He motioned for Dongwoo to come closer. When half of his body filled the screen, he smiled a sad smile. “I mean it, Gyu, I miss you. We miss you.” He lifted Minji’s hand again and formed a heart with it with his own. “Saranghae, Daddy!”

 


 

The scene changed again.

This time, they were at an airport. In front of the camera was a pacing Woohyun and beside him, Sungjong was holding Minji, who was pulling at the lapels of his jacket, bored.

“How much longer?” Woohyun asked in an impatient tone as he stopped his pacing to watch the gate where people were starting to file out.

“Relax, Woohyun,” Howon answered from somewhere behind the camera. “He’ll be here soon.”

“Why did the flight have to delay?! He should have been here hours ago!”

“Woohyun-ah, they already announced that the plane landed,” Dongwoo reassured him. “I’m sure he’s just stuck at immigration or something. You know how long those take.”

Minji began to whine and held her arms out towards Woohyun. Sungjong handed her over and the older man seemed to calm down when she was in his arms.

“Are you excited that Daddy is finally home, princess?” he asked the baby. “’Cause I am. I missed him so much.”

He looked back towards the gate with a sigh. Meanwhile, Minji played with the collar of his jacket.

“Hey,” Sungjong suddenly piped up. “I think that’s hyung!”

The camera zoomed through the crowd until it caught a mop of caramel-brown hair and a call of “Woohyun-ah!”

Without another word, Woohyun shot forward, Minji bouncing in his ams as he ran towards a smiling and waving Sunggyu, who was dragging his suitcase behind him.

Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Howon “aww-ed” as the camera captured the moment when Woohyun ran into Sunggyu’s arms, who in turn, let go of his suitcase to wrap his husband and daughter in his embrace.

“Howon-ah, Jongie-ah, I’m jealous,” Dongwoo said.

Sunggyu leaned into Woohyun to give him a short peck on the lips before planting one on Minji’s cheek.

“Why, Dongwoo-hyung?” Sungjong asked.

Woohyun placed Minji in Sunggyu’s arms. The little girl grabbed Sunggyu’s cheeks in between her tiny hands and squished them, giggling, happily.

“They’re happy,” the older answered. “Happier than I’ve ever seen them.”

“It’s because of that kid,” Howon added. “That girl is lucky.”

“Yeah…” Sungjong agreed.

Woohyun pulled the suitcase with one hand and held his husband’s hand with the other. Minji was settled comfortably in Sunggyu’s arms.

The camera continued to record as the little family finally gathered themselves and walked back towards their friends with giant smiles on their faces.

 


 

The video ended and all that stared back at 8-year old Minji was a blank screen.

For a good while, she stayed rooted at her spot, thinking about everything she just watched. And right then and there, Minji felt very, very, very, very foolish.

From the moment her parents discovered they could have a baby to that reunion at the airport, all her parents ever showed was love. Love for each other… and love for her.

When she was five, her Appa taught her how to ride a bike. She fell and scraped her knee. He picked her right back up, cradled her in his arms as he dried her tears, and then tended to her wounds. That same night, her Daddy told her that he was proud of her for trying. The very next day, she was back on that bike, determined to make her Daddy even prouder.

On her first day of first grade, she was so nervous that she almost threw up in the morning. Both her fathers brought her to school. Everyone else had their mommies and daddies with them. They spoke to her teacher, and she wasn’t really sure what they talked about, but she knew that they asked her to take care of Minji and to call them if there were any problems.

Later that day, a few kids had asked her why she had two daddies and she explained as much as she knew: “My daddies can’t have babies, but they really wanted one. So, they adopted me because I was the cutest one in the orphanage.”

And then she had to explain adoption to her classmates, who looked at her in awe. In those moments, Minji felt special because no one else in the school was like her. One of the older kids had two mommies, but no one else had two daddies.

The novelty wore off soon since kids didn’t really pay attention to things for too long, but by that time, Minji had stopped caring about how different she was. How could she when there were new things to learn and she got to spend more time with her Daddy when he was home and helped her with her homework? (Her Appa told her that when he was in school, Daddy was really smart, so he was the best person to help her with her homework. But, her Daddy told her it was because Appa was afraid of Math.)

She didn’t have a mommy like the other kids… but why would she need one when her Daddies were already there?

With a gasp, Minji shot up from her place.

I made Daddy cry, she thought in horror.

Quickly, clutching Coco in her arms, she exited the room (but, not before putting away the CDs and unplugging the TV, she wasn’t untidy!). She carefully maneuvered down the stairs towards the living room, but it was empty. Her daddies were nowhere to be found.

She was about to head back upstairs when she heard voices from the kitchen. Those were daddies’ voices!

She headed there and sure enough, there they were. She could see her Appa’s side profile and her Daddy’s back. They were sitting at the table with mugs of a hot drink, talking.

Her Appa looked awful! His eyes looked dull and tired, and his hair was messy.

“Maybe… we went too fast,” her Appa was saying in a sad tone.

She froze by the door.

“Minji’s not ready,” he continued, his eyes staring at his mug.

“Are… are you sure?” her Daddy answered.

Minji didn’t like how the conversation made her feel. What were they talking about? What did they mean that Minji wasn’t ready?

Her Appa nodded. “Why else would she react like that? She thinks we don’t love her!”

That sent another pang of guilt into Minji’s heart, and was about to walk into the kitchen and apologize when her Appa’s next words made her freeze and drop her stuffed dog in horror.

“I don’t think we should get the new baby anymore, Gyu.”


Dun. Dun. Dun.

Is this the end for Minji's baby brother? How did you guys like Infinite's appearance? There are hints of the rest of my favorite pairings there. 

Let me know what you think in the comments, below! And I'll try to have the next and final chapter up ASAP!

Thank you, chingus!