PART TWO

It's You

 

-TWO-

 

My arms tightened around her waist and I rested my chin at the crook of her neck, suddenly feeling afraid of how she might be taken away from me.

“You smell the same..” I subconsciously muttered as I took a whiff of her hair, breathing deeply to inhale more of it. I’d pay a million to produce a cigarette that gave me such a scent.

It’s been more than a minute now but I just couldn’t bring myself to release her. I missed this feeling. I’d eat my heart out just to stay in this position forever. 

Initially, I let myself believe that I was doing this just to comfort her, but deep down to my ing bones, I knew it was more for my own sake. 

So I’m selfish, deal with it.

“Time’s up..” She whispered before trying to pull away. I didn’t budge though.

“Listen to me first, okay?” I felt a slight nod and took it as my cue to continue. 

“When I heard about the disbandment, you were the first person that came to my thoughts.. I knew how much this would affect you. I knew how much you were going to hurt. I knew it so much that I flew to the Philippines just to check on you. But then I learnt that you went back to Korea. Could you imagine the hysteria I was feeling when I found out about that? Can you even picture the number of times I asked the flight attendants to rush the pilot?” 

Dara breathed out what sounded like a chuckle and I felt myself smiling at that. 

“And then I saw you here. You were curled up like a child and I instantly knew you were crying. Do you know how painful it was to see that..?” She stiffened, but I ignored it.

“And when you didn’t open the door, it hurt even more. It hurt because I know what you were trying to do. It was something you always did whenever you got scolded by Hyunsuk hyung. You isolate yourself. You bear all that pain by yourself because you want to be strong. But, don’t you know it’s okay to let yourself be weak sometimes?” She sighed, and I wasn’t sure if it was out of annoyance or defeat. 

I’ve nagged her about this issue before, it was ‘the talk’ that finally crushed all the barriers she put up between us. It was the day she finally decided to open up to me. And it felt weird for me to have to do that all over again, but I wanted everything we had all over again. I would do anything for it.

“Through all the hours of craziness I’ve felt while trying to get to you, I realised something.” My heart was pounding as my thoughts recited themselves in my head. “I realised why I was always worrying about you. I realised why I always liked to see you smile. I realised why I was always the happiest when our schedules inter lap, because it means I’ll be seeing you.” She sighed again but I just hugged her even tighter.

“You like my hugs too.. don’t you?” 

“Jiyong—” She tried to turn around to look at me but I held her still.

 “I missed this feeling.” My arms tightened even more.

“Jiyong..”

“How could I have let you go..” Dara stiffened, to which I ignored.

“Jiyong, let go..”

“No, why would I—”

“You see that, Jiyong?” 

“What..?”

“I just received news that my singing career has come to an end.. My mind’s in such a bad place now. And you’re coming in here telling me things.. like that?”

“I.. I just really missed you.” I admitted to both of our surprise, though I felt no regret in saying it. I know it was more than true, and I was positive she could feel I meant it too.

“I missed you so ing much..” I repeated.

“Jiyong, we’re—”

“No, don’t say anything,” I couldn’t handle her answers yet, and I wasn’t asking for any. I knew it could kill me. Her words were that powerful.

“Funny how I came in here just wanting to see you but ended up talking about this, huh. I know I’m making this all about me again. But, it’s just that.. even after 4 long years, my heart still has this soft spot for you.” I turned her around by her shoulders. “At the end of the day, it still wants to go back to you, and only you. It's you, Dara. It's still you.

“Why.. are you being like this all of a sudden..?” She looked so stunned and I didn’t know whether that was a good or bad thing.

“I just… I… I’ve just been thinking about us. About everything that’s happened. And seeing you like this.. I just couldn’t stop myself..”

“I can’t say I haven’t thought about that too..”

“Really?”

“We’ve were together for close to 4 years Jiyong.. I couldn’t forget it if I wanted to.”

“Do you think we could start over again? I’ll re-introduce myself. We could go back to 2005. We could learn the things we already know about each other and create new memories. Better memories. Can we?” 

“I.. It’s just.. I don’t know.. ”

“I’ve grown more mature now. I know I should’ve cherished our time more. I’m better now, right..?”

“I’m just scared things won’t be the same if we don’t work out again. I don’t want us to be like strangers.”

“I promise to make things easier. I’ll stick through the tough times with you. If it’s not too late.. can we still get back together? Give me a chance..? Give us a chance?”

I’m feeling desperate now. I really want her back so bloody much I can feel my bones ache.

“I.. I missed you too..” It caught me by surprise when she turned around to hug me. I immediately returned it, loving the familiar smell of her hair. 

This was how my baby girl felt against me, this was how it felt when she hugged me. Pure, utter bliss.

“I promise to treat you better. I promise to never leave your side. I know everything I’ve said seemed reckless and mindless but I love you, Dara. I swear I do.. Do you—”

“Love you too..? I do, Ji. Even though I don’t show it, I’ve never stopped. I couldn’t stop it..”

And that was enough for me. This was more than what I came here asking for. She was mine again. And she will always be.

 

THE END

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry this took so long but there it is! I'm kinda disappointed with the ending but that's all I could come up with >_< Thank you for reading, commenting and upvoting ♡♡