PART ONE

It's You

Jiyong's POV

“Where is she?!” The sound of the door slamming against the wall made me realise I probably used too much unnecessary force in opening it. But I couldn’t care less. I had a bigger issue to worry about. 

“She wants to be alone, Jiyong.” Teddy replied with a sigh. 

“I know! Just tell me where the hell she is!” I growled. 

My chest was heaving and my heart was racing against it. It could’ve been because I ran my way up to the 8th floor of YGE but I knew that wasn’t the only reason. 

I was panicking internally. I was worried as . 

This unsettling feeling has been growing inside me every since I’ve heard the news. 

Why weren’t we informed of this beforehand? How could hyung not let me know about it?

Because YG knows you would rush back to Korea like what you just did. A voice in my head mocked.

“She’s in one of the old training rooms. Jesus, you gotta stop being so reckless, Ji! You know the amount of you’re gonna get for ditching your remaining schedule?” Teddy was frowning at me now. 

He hated when I behaved in such an unprofessional manner. But what could the world expect out of G-Dragon?

I didn’t bother to reply him and simply stormed off, running towards the lift as fast as I can. 

My mind was begging to see her. I just wanted to see that she was okay, and then I’ll go, even though I already know she probably isn’t.

My legs jogged along the hallway as I scanned into every single training room, finally stopping at the 5th one when I saw a small figure tucked in the corner of the room. 

Only one row of lights were left on and I could barely see her face from how dimly lit it was. 

Still, I knew it was her. 

I knocked on the glass panel when I realised the door was locked, twisting the knob a couple more times just to be sure.

“Dara! Open up!” I screamed through the door. 

that part where I said I just wanted to see if she was okay. 

I didn’t fly back from Japan just for that, didn’t I? And I’m definitely not going back until I’m sure she’s feeling better.

Her eyes were kept on the floor the entire time I continued to shout. I knew she could hear me. But I also knew why she pretended not to. She was isolating herself again. 

It was something she always seemed to do when she was sad, until.. me.

“Open the door! Please!” I tried again.

Upon hearing that, she lifted her face a little but kept her gaze straight, far from the direction I was standing. She turned her body to the side and reached for something.

Look at me goddammit!! I was pounding my fist on the door again when I heard my phone buzz. 

 

From: Darong

 

I’m fine, Jiyong. I just want to be alone. Go home.

 

Fine, my perfect ! This silly girl clearly doesn’t realise how well I’ve understood her by now.

I dialled her number immediately and peered into the training room again. The screen lit up her face for only 2 seconds before she pressed my call away. 

My fingers spammed the redial button at that but she did the same thing, thrice.

This stubborn girl is killing me!!

“I’m going to break down this door if you don’t pick up!” My lungs felt like they were going to combust, from both the screaming and the anxiety she was putting me through. 

“And you know how serious I am about that!” I added the last line, hoping it reminded her of the incident 5 years ago. 

And I guess it really did, seeing how her name was suddenly blinking on my screen. 

“Open the door, Dara.” I said once I picked up her call. I was leaning against it and I closed my eyes to breathe out a sigh.

How long have been standing out here anyway? 5 minutes? It sure felt like 5 hours to me.

“I’m fine. Jiyong.” I didn’t even realise how I missed the way she said my name. How her voice sounded when she said it.

“I’m not saying you aren’t,” Buying into her lie may convince her to let me in, no? “but just open the door.. please..?”

“I just want to be alone now. I’m really okay. Go h-home..” The tremble in her voice gave it all away. She wasn’t fooling anyone. She wasn’t fooling me.

“You’re crying aren’t you? Aren’t you?!”

“N-No..” 

“Liar.”

“Go home..” The click that followed told me she hung up. No!!

I swiped my hair away from my face in frustration. I really didn’t want to break down another door but what choice was this girl leaving me with? She was determined on locking herself up.

Thoughts were shuffling around in my mind as I tried to sieve out the best way to get her to give in.

“I just needed to pass you something. I’ll leave it outside the room, okay? I’m going now. Call me when you decide you want to talk to me.” My voice wasn’t roaring like before but it was still loud enough for her to hear.

I bent down and pretended to put something on floor, when in actual fact I had nothing in my hands. 

Why was I even acting that part out actually? Her eyes weren’t on me.

“Goodnight, Dara.” I told her before walking down the hallway to hide beside a vending machine. 

It was quite some distance away from where she was, but if I made a run for the door when she opens it, I’ll make it.

She’ll open the door, right? Dara couldn’t possibly be staying in that room all till morning. I knew she’d be too intrigued to leave whatever I told her at the door. She has always been a curious bunny.

I waited for what seemed like 10 minutes before I heard really light footsteps. 

She’s going for the door! 

I steadied my feet and once I heard the turning sound of the lock, I leaped towards the room and shoved the door all the way open.

Dara fell back onto the floor from the force of it and she gasped upon seeing me. 

There was obvious panic in her eyes as she tried to scramble off the ground and make a run for it.

Did she seriously think she could outrun me?

She didn’t make it to five steps before I pulled her arm back towards me. I kept a firm grip on it while locking the door and dragging her to a far corner of the room. No more escaping or hiding now. 

When we stopped moving, she yanked her arm free and rubbed on her elbow, making me realise I may have used a little too much force on her. 

“Does that hurt?” I reached for her arm but she only backed away from me. Ouch. 

“You lied to me!” Her accusatory tone felt like a needle to my chest. She doesn’t usually speak to me this way. But then again, she doesn’t usually speak to me at all. Not after what happened to us..

“I.. I just wanted to check on you..” My voice sounded a little too timid for my liking. Where did all my confidence go?

“I told you I’m fine. Didn’t I?” And the stubborn girl sounded annoyed now.

“Don’t do that, Dara.”

“Do what?!” 

“Shut me out!”

“I’m shutting everybody out!” 

“But I’m not everybody!” I wanted to reclaim those words as they hovered in the air between us. Because on what basis was I still allowed to say them? I’m not her special somebody anymore, I know that. 

Nevertheless, is it wrong for me to still want to be that special someone? 

Can I be greedy and reclaim the spot that used to be mine? Or has too much time separated us to make that even remotely possible?

She slid her back down on the wall and huddled her knees together, burying her face between them.

“Hey.. It’s not the first time I’ve seen you cry.. It’s okay..” I let myself settle beside her and cautiously lifted my hand to her hair. I didn’t want my gesture to startle her, because when was the last time I actually did something like this? 

“I.. I just..” Her voice quivered and it didn’t take seconds before her body started shaking uncontrollably while trying to tame her cries.

Every sob that escaped her felt like a punch to my face. I knew how much she was hurting and it killed me knowing how I couldn’t do anything to relieve that pain.

My fingers brushed through her strands a few more times before they settled on her shoulder, rubbing them to give a little comfort. 

I just wanted her to know I was here. I’ve always been here. Even if I’m not really showing that.

She lifted her face and I could finally see how her cheeks were soaked with tears by now. 

Her fingers wiped at them and as she did that, I’ve never felt such an overwhelming urge to just lean in and kiss those tears away. But I didn’t. I knew I shouldn’t. 

“We.. We used to practice.. here..” 

She was staring mindlessly into the distance, as if reliving a fond memory in her head. 

I recognized this place. I couldn’t forget it. 

2NE1 had been here almost every single day during their pre-debut days. They would train for long hours while in here, and we would pop by multiple times to pass them snacks or energy drinks. Well, it was mostly me but you get the drift.

“It aches so badly here.. It hurts..” She was clutching onto her chest so tightly that I thought her fingers might actually dig past her clothes and into her skin. 

“I know..” I shifted my body closer to hers and ran my hand up and down her back. 

This sight is really killing me. Dara was always used to putting up such a strong front whenever something bad like this happened. She didn’t want anyone else’s pity or comfort because it always made her feel like a burden. 

But I knew how fragile she was inside, I knew how devastated she was feeling. I know it because there was a time when she let all her walls down for me. She let herself be vulnerable and I loved her for it. I still do. 

And even though it really pains me to see her in such a state, a part of me is feeling joyous at the fact that she is opening up to me again. She wasn’t keeping her tears to herself anymore. 

Maybe, it’s just cause she was feeling tired now, but I let myself believe it was really because she felt comfortable with me being here. 

How long has it been anyway? 4 years? I’ve made quite a history during those years. I did things I’m not exactly proud of and I know it. 

Is it too late to reconcile the connection we used to share? Is it too late to admit how I’ve always missed the girl beside me now? 

“I always knew it was bound to happen.. Seeing how the past years have been but.. Even though I saw it coming, why does it still hurt so much..? Why..?” Her voice was as soft as a whisper but I could still hear the distress present in it. Droplets were pouring down her face again and it brought that overwhelming urge back to me. 

I hesitated for only a second before I leaned sideways and embraced her from the back. She stiffened at our contact but I chose to ignore it, hiding my face deep in her shoulder.

I was still sitting right beside her, making my knees lean awkwardly against her thighs as I tried to stretch even closer for the hug. I missed this so badly. I missed her.

I felt her squirming against my chest, “Jiyong—”

“Shh… Just.. One minute..” I wasn’t ready if she wanted to tell me to stop this now, I would’t be able to take the confrontation. Who would be able to stop themselves from grabbing onto the very thing they’ve been craving?

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: GD just updated his insta and said he was otw to Seoul..... I just need Dara to be in Seoul as well and I'll delude myelf into believing this actually happened..... Upvote? ^-^