thx, suho

I'm Ready To Order!

"Please! I really need you to cover my shift today."

"Suho, you " Baekhyun growled, holding his dated iPhone while fixing a makeshift breakfast. "You can't leave me to take over on a Saturday of all times! It's twice as busy as it usually is for almost the whole day!"

Suho mustered out the loudest, nastiest, cough out on the other end. Baekhyun's lips drew a concerned frown. "Please? I don't know if anyone else can, but my body feels like . Everything is numb. Can you help a guy out just this time?"

The other let out a long sigh. Boy, was his coworker annoying. He had to give him credit, though. He did occasionally cover his shifts from time to time when he had to make up classwork or was hungover. Today was going to be chaotic.

"Fine, I'll do it."

Suho let out a large gasp of happiness, and the student could've sworn he heard a smile tugging at the lips of his ill frenemy. "Thanks so much, Baek! Owe you one!"

Baekhyun mocked the gasp from earlier. ", off buddy. Get better soon."

*^*^*^*

So maybe covering for Suho was a bad idea.

Scratch that, covering for Suho was a bad idea.

At one moment, Baekhyun had just finished making three orders at once, and the second he glanced back he had two new customers waiting for him already. It's like they just kept regenerating and the clock was the barista's only friend at the moment- reminding himself to beat Suho's the second he recovers from his cold. 

In time, the entire area for making coffee was littered with empty cups with names on them. Baekhyun felt like he was trying to dig a hole in the sand at the beach inside of the water. Impossible.

"Um.. Medium Caramel Frap, Peac- I mean Strawberry Refresher, and a regular Expresso," Baekhyun said running around the station trying to remember orders. "..."

It was reasonable that the only sense of control that he felt he had was by intertwining little curses into each order before giving them. With no time between orders, he swirled whipped cream on them and gave his last breath before handing them out. For god sakes, he couldn't even steal a pastry to eat. Why today of all days?

"Orders for Ten, Mark, and Doyoung!" He said, not even placing time into handing or tailoring them personally. He just placed them on the counter and went back what he was doing.

"Hey!" a familiar voice greeted.

"Kyungsoo! Hey." The other greeted, sharpie cap between teeth.

"Wasn't expecting to see you here today! Busy day?"

Baekhyun chuckled sarcastically. "Yeah, and I'm the only person here."

"You can do it!" Kyungsoo flashed a wide grin. He then jumped and put his fist in the air.

"Im hoping," He said while dropping a few more orders on the counter. As time passed, he worked up a heavy sweat and orders were finally starting to come in slower. He could finally catch his break an sink into the fact that he was due to work the store's busiest shift alone.

Baekhyun inspected the shop. There were a few people left seated, with no one coming in. He could finally take a brief break. Checking around first, he stuck his hand in to get a cookie and started browsing on his phone as he finally scarfed down some food.

In the faint distance, you could hear the shop door jingle. He finished his last bite before the crumbs from his face and preparing himself with his signature grin.

"Hello! Welcome to SM Coffee!" He called before turning around from washing his hands.

His heart stopped.

It was the tall guy from monday with the hot voice from a few weeks ago. The cause of his ual frustration for two days.

" 'Afternoon, Baekhyun." He knows my name!

"Hello, sir. What can I get you?"

"Large dark coffee, please." Baekhyun mentally prayed to all of the gods that he wasn't blushing like an idiot right now.

"Coming right up," He said. "May I have a name, sir?"

"Chanyeol"

Chanyeol..

Baekhyun wrote the name on the cup and was blessed to have the chance to turn around and hide his flushed face. He got to work grinding black beans and make himself look like he wasn't slaving around at a coffee shop all day.

At that moment, he noticed the stains from earlier and well as various spices littered all over himself and he hoped Chanyeol didn't notice them. He looked around and noticed, like before, that Chanyeol had been on his phone lounging comfortably. He wore a grey button-up with the top few buttons undone and dark grey sacks that hugged his muscular thighs just right.

The coffee machine (per usual) put an end to his trance. Baek, get ahold of yoursefl!

He screwed on the lid to the coffee once again and was ready to serve what he believes is his final order. "Large dark coffee for Chanyeol. Enjoy, sir!" Baekhyun handed over the drink with shaking hand hoping he wasn't being silently judged because of how sloppy he looked.

At the most perfect moment, the barista's stomach decided to let out a desperate growl. Baekhyun's eyes widened in embarrassment and he clutched a hand over his stomach, trying to muster up an explanation.

"Sorry about that! I haven't eaten since morning- unless you count the cookies from here."

Stop talking!

The other looked him up and own, before accepting his coffee and setting it on the counter.

"Baekhyun, may I ask you to dinner tonight?" Chanyeol asked nonchalantly.

The smaller couldn't believe his ears. "O-oh, um. You don't have to. I was going home after this, anyway. I'm only days shifts. I don't want to be a bother, sir." What the are you saying?? Just say yes!" 

Chanyeol chuckled. "You can drop the sir thing, Im not that old! The sides, you wouldn't be a bother to be at all. It would be a treat to both of us, anyway." Baekhyun could feel his stomach rumbling again. "W-well in that case. I'll go. We s-should exchange numbers, maybe?"

Chanyeol took out his phone and traded with his. They input each other's contacts.This is happening! I'm having dinner with Chanyeol!

"I put in the name of where we can meet in your notes," He stated gently.

"Great! Sounds good!" He hoped he didn't sound too eager to go.

"I'm looking forward to meeting you. Don't be late" Chanyeol took his coffee and showed a soft smirk as he left the store.

God. Bless. Suho's. Illness.

Baekhyun was left stunned from the events of the last 5 minutes. He glanced at the clock. 3:45. He had 15 more minutes until Suho's shift was fully covered. He had to go wipe down the tables and prepare for the next shift for Taeyeon and Onew.

He went to the staff break room and looked at himself in the mirror. He looked a mess. His hair was messed up, his apron was covered in stains, he had sweaty armits, and his eyeliner was smudged. He face was flushed, too. Now he definitely felt embarrassed that Chanyeol had to see him like this.

He heard the shop's door jingle and exited the break room ready to see the next customer's order. Nevermind, It was just Taeyeon coming in for the night shift.

"Tae! You will never guess the day I just had."

She let out a cute, infectious laugh. "I heard about Suho! My poor baby," she said pinching his cheek. "Saturdays are the absolute worst thing. Ever!"

"Tell me about it! I don't even know why I agreed to do this, anyway."

"You pulled through though, babe! Look at you!" Taeyeon was ever encouraging, never running out of positivity. 

"Now I can die a happy man," Baekhyun joked. He lowered down to the floor, looking at the ceiling with a peaceful look, mocking death.

 Taeyeon snorted. "Go home, Baek! You deserve it."

He hung is apron up and grabbed his keys from the staff room. "See you later!" Baekhyun said on his way out the door.

Now here comes the real treat of my day, He thought, unlocking his car.

-------------------------

sry i couldn't do that double update I promised yesterday bbs :(((

what do yo guys think so far?

thx for reading x