prologue

I'm Ready To Order!

It was mid-summer, and Byun Baekhyun was working his routine shift at the SM coffee shop. It's true, he didn't have the showiest job, but funny co-workers and free coffee were nothing to complain about. But that was his problem; there was no problem.  Living his standard pay check by pay check life during the summer was just, boring.

The university student had his fun at times- screwing around with Kyungsoo and Luhan,  going on a couple of dates, all of which eventually became bland. Here and there he even dared to go to some nightclubs and even have a couple one-night stands, but none of which never led to anything beyond empty sheets in the morning. 

Nothing was wrong with his life in his view, he was just missing something.

*^*^*^*^*

"Red Velvet Frappucino for Wendy!" Baekyun gave a warm smile to the frequenter of the coffee shop. As she came up to receive her drink, the barista gave a faint wink. "with extra flavouring, just how you like it"

Wendy, as well as other visitors to the shop, were always impressed knowing that Baekhyun remembered even the littlest details that they rarely gave, last change coming from a couple of weeks ago. "Thanks!" she noted, not longer being able to control the smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

When he noticed, he let out a small chuckle while proceeding to his next order. Baekhyun always prided himself in remembering orders of people that came in. He was never good with numbers or memory for that matter, but it gave him a little reassurance in always knowing some things.

Turning to reach the caramel from the self, he received a tough nudge coming from his co-worker, Suho. "Watch where you're working, idiot" He spat, roughly screwing the lid onto the coffee beans.

"This wouldn't even be a problem if you weren't such a filthy sack of " The taller calmly replied.

"Whatever. I'm taking off now anyway" Suho said, handing his coffee to his last remaining customer. "Have fun taking over the floor"

On a majority of weekdays, Suho and Baekhyun were the only ones left to work the busy mornings and afternoons of the shop. It wasn't a rare occasion to see Suho taking off on weekdays and coming back on weekends to work, which was the contrary to Baekhyun's schedule, strictly revolving on weekends. Thus, it was almost a routine for Baekhyun to be working afternoons alone.

Baekhyun shook stupid thoughts about his classes out of his head to prepare himself for his next customer, readying his soft smile that always got him and extra tip or two.

 "Hi, welcome to SM! What can I get for y-"

 Oh...

This customer was ing hot.

The poor barista realised he couldn't look up anymore when he heard the man said: "Large dark coffee, no creams or sugar please."

Get your head out of your , Baek! "A-absolutely! Coming right away, sir."

At the speed of light, Baekhyun started pressing and grinding beans together in an effort to make the pounding in his heart to go away. As he loaded his ingredients into the machine and went to grab a cup, he subconsciously took another glimpse at the man.

Said main was fairly tall and scrolling through his phone, so he couldn't see much of his face. He was wearing a dark, tailored suit with a black turtleneck to contrast his pale skin. From a distance, he could see his muscles slightly flex and god. damn. 

That entire outfit looked like it was made by the heaven just for him.

Luckily, the coffeemaker let out a beep signifying the completion of the coffee and the end of the student's continuous staring. He whipped his head back and screwed a cap on the cup.

"One large dark coffee, sir." 

"Thank you...." the man looked at Baekhyun's chest and he felt his face getting hot. "....Baekhyun." he smirked. Baekhyun felt his heart pause let out an uncomfortable chuckle when he got his first view of the man's full face.

Slicked, brown hair without a strand out of place. Full lips. Milky complexion. Big, brown eyes. Small, wide ears. Of course, from this distance, his body wasn't much to take from, but from the snapshot earlier anyone could guess the suit complements whatever he was working with underneath it.

Damn.

The man had taken his order and left with no trace but a five dollar tip in his jar.

Time froze.

Thank you.... Baekhyun.

Tha man's deep, smooth, voice echoed in his mind like a constant mantra and gave him comfort to make his heart flutter. This man, whoever he was, was heaven on earth.

"Excuse me? Can I order?"

For the umpth time in the last five minutes, the awestruck barista was taken out of a trance. "Sorry Ms! Im coming!"

------

ahahfjha if any of you got the red velvet reference youre great,,,, i love wendy

i still ove exo tho

anyway on to the stuff no one cares about: im going to be making this a chaptered baekyeol fic (ceo and coffee shop au), it's probably gong to last for a while and will have and angst in the future. might double update tonight idk

dm me if you have ideas for the story, want to make a cover, or co author an of my sotries, im always open to talk guys!

thx for reading :))