~Sixteen~

Breaking Free

Author's POV

 

Everyone in and buckled up?” Hyejin asks the members of Royalty.

We're all set,” Jeong says from the back. Hyejin nods and tells the driver that they're ready to go.

 

The driver starts up the car and pulls onto the road.

Hyejin turns around to look back at Scynthia.

How are you feeling?”

Scynthia groans, “not good.”

“Okay. Once we get to the hotel, you go and rest. If you're not feeling any better in an hour, I'll take you to the emergency room,” Hyejin says, earning a weak okay from Scynthia.

 

 

 

The van pulls up in front of the hotel.  Hyejin says thank you to the driver and leads the gang inside the hotel. Once in, Hyejin goes to the front desk to check in and get the room keys.

 

So, how's that hangover going?” Rose asks Scynthia with a chuckle.

Rose, can't you see she's sick? And evidently, no one is in the mood for your right now Rose,” Hyun says.

“I don't think I was talking to you,” Rose says.

Then how about you do all of us a favor and don't talk to anyone. We would like a break from your mouth,” says Hyun.

“Guys, come on. Let's not do this. And Rose, can you please not heads with anyone,” Jeong says.

Rose scoffs and rolls her eyes just as Hyejin rejoined the group.

Is there a problem here?” she asks.

Yeah, apparently I'm in a group with a drunk and an ,” Rose says.

Rose, this acting out against your members is unacceptable. This is my first and only warning I'm giving you. Next time, I'm just going to pull you out tomorrow night's concert.”

“You can't do that,” Rose says.

I have and I'll do it again. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior. Anyways,” Hyejin says before looking at the other members. “Rehearsal is tomorrow morning at ten. Now, me and BTS’ manager have decided that we don't want you all going out tonight. This is just for precaution and for everyone's safety.”

 

Ann nods. “That's understandable,” while the others agree, everyone except Rose that is.

Great. Here's your room keys. The boys are already in their rooms so they have their room cards already,” she says as she passes out the key cards.

The members take their key cards and suitcases and head to their rooms.

 

As the elevator door closes, Hyun looks at Ann. “Who are you staying with?”

“Oh,” Ann starts off, “I haven't thought about that.”

“Well, just know you're welcome to stay with us. And let me know if that tries to bother you again,” Hyun says.

Yes, oppa. I'll let you know.” Just as Ann says that, her phone vibrates in her back pocket.

Jeong discreetly leans over Ann's shoulder to see her phone.

You're staying with Jungkook?” Jeong asks.

Ann jumps a little from Jeong’s voice. “Oppa! Was that unnecessary?”

“Are you staying with Jungkook?” Jeong asks again.

Umm, yeah?” Ann answers.

He doesn't do anything to hurt you does he?” Hyun asks.

“No. Jungkook wouldn't do that.”

“That's what we thought about Jimin but look what happened,” Hyun says.

Ann looks at him, stunned that he just said that.

Hyun rubs a hand down his face and sighs. “Ann I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't want you getting hurt again.”

Ann shakes her head. “It's fine.”

Hyun opens his mouth to say something but before words could leave his mouth, the elevator dings and the door opens on their floor.

Ann is the first one to walk out with her luggage in hand.

Can we go five minutes without talking about her and her pathetic love life,” Rose says before walking out the elevator and to her room.

Scynthia shrugs at the two older guys before making her way towards her and Hoseok’s room.

 

Damn,” Hyun says.

They walk out the elevator and walk side by side to their room.

Look, I know you mean well about Ann but you can't be acting that way with her,” Jeong says as they reach their door. He swipes the card and opens the door for them both to walk in.

Hyun throws his suitcase on the floor before jumping on a bed and sighing.

“I can't help it. Everytime I see her crying or upset over Jimin, I just want to bash his face in. She's practically my little sister. They all are.” Hyun says.

“I know what you mean man. But you gotta ease up on her. You keep acting the way you do towards her and she's going to start keeping away from you or even all of us. That's the last thing we need right now.”

Hyun sits up and swings his legs over the edge of the bed. He leans forward with his elbow on his knees and head in his hands.

You're right, especially since us and Scyn are the only ones on her side it seems. What makes me really pissed is how Rose is acting. What the has gotten into her,” Hyun says.

Jeong takes a seat on the other bed and runs a hand through his hair.

That I don't know. I keep wanting to talk to her but everytime she says something uncalled for a tries to diss one of us. It's so bad that I have to leave before I say something I'd regret,” Jeong says.

Maybe noona knows something we don't. But it seems like she's getting fed up with Rose, too.”

“I don't know. I've been thinking about talking to Namjoon about it,” Jeong says.

Hyun scoffs. “He'll probably do the same thing he did about Jimin. ing nothing.”

“How about we order some food. You need to cool off.”

“Yeah, whatever. I'm good with anything,” Hyun says before falling back on the bed.





 

Hoseok’s POV

“How are you feeling babe?” I ask Scyn as I bring her some water.

My head hurts,” she says quietly.

I go take a seat on the bed, leaning against the headboard. I gently move her head in my lap and start massaging her temples.

How's that feel?”

“Alright.”

“Do you feel any better or worse?”

“Worse. I'm starting to feel a little dizzy and my stomach is hurting again.”

“It's been about an hour and a half. I'm going to call noona so we can take you to the ER. I'm getting worried and I don't like seeing you like this,” I say as I her hair.

I hear her mumble an okay as I her hair with one hand while texting Hyejin noona with the other.

You're coming with me, right?” she asks.

Of course. I’ll be there with you for every step. The doctor will have a hard time trying to kick me out.

She nods. I check my phone to see that nooma replied back to me.

Alright, noona is going to meet us in the lobby. She's gonna let my manager and your members know what's going on. Let's get you downstairs,” I say as I tuck my phone back in my pocket before helping her up onto her feet.

Once I get her to her feet, she leans her body against mine.

Hobi, I really don't f-feel too good,” she groans into my chest.

“Are you able to walk?” I ask her.

I feel her shake her head no against my chest.

I then put my right arm under her knees with my other arm around her back as I lift her up bridal style.

I got you babe. You'll be okay, I promise.”

 

After making it down the hall and to the elevator, we finally made it to the lobby.

The van is in the front. Let's go,” Hyejin noona says.

I nod and we walk to the van.

She's going to be okay. She has to.





 

Jungkook’s POV  

I slide on my hoodie as I walk to the door.

I open the door to see Ann there with her bag.

I stand to the side to let her in. “Why come in madam.”

She chuckles as she walks in the room with me closing the door behind her.

So I see you got my text,” I say turning around to see her sitting on a bed.

She nods.  “I can leave though. I don't want to bother you. And I know you usually don't get a room to yourself often,” she says.

I shake my head and walk over to her bed and take a seat next to her.

You're not bothering me. Besides, I'll always take sharing a room with you over any of the hyungs who snore or talk in their sleep,” I say with a chuckle.

“Jungkook, thank you, for everything.”

I bump my shoulder against hers. “Anytime. Like I said, us maknaes gotta have each other's backs.”

“You mind if I take a shower?”

I shake my head no. “Go ahead. I already took one so it's all yours.”

“Thanks,” she says before getting up to get her bag then heading to the bathroom.

I let out a sigh when the bathroom door closes.

What am I doing? Am I really getting feelings for her? This is not good at all. What am I going to do?

I look down at the bed to see Ann's phone vibrating. Huh, it's Hyejin noona. I pick it up and swipe the screen.

 

“Hello?”

“Jungkook? Where's Ann?” noona asks.

She's taking a shower.”

“Okay. Can you tell her that me and Hoseok are taking Scyn to the ER,” she says.

Yeah, no problem. I hope she feels better,” I say.

Thanks Jungkook,” noona says before ending the call.

Just as I placed Ann’s phone on the table, the bathroom door opens. Ann comes out in some sweats and a t-shirt.

Hyejin noona called,” I say as she comes and climbs in the bed.

“Oh, what'd she want?”

“She said her and Hoseok took Scyn to the ER.”

“I hope she's okay. Some friend I am. I didn't even go check on her or anything,” she says.

I climb in the bed next to her. “Hey, you're not a bad friend. Stop thinking like that. Besides, she's been with hyung all this time.”

She looks down at her hands. “I just can't do anything right. I'm a bad girlfriend, a bad friend, and a bad group member. I just can't win right now.

I wrap me arm around her shoulders. “You're not any of those things. You've done so many things for all of us. You're one of the most selfless and kind people I've ever met.”

She turns her head and looks at me. “No. I'm really none of those things. Unnie was right. I haven't cared about anyone besides me.”

“It's okay to take a step back just to focus on yourself. You're not selfish. Even now you're worried about Scyn,” I tell her.

Neither of us say anything else after that.

After a few minutes, our eyes end up meeting.

Wow, you have beautiful eyes.” my eyes widen once I realize what I just said. “W-wait. No. I didn't mean to say that out loud.”

She continues to stare at me. opens then closes before opening again.

Maybe I should go.”

“No don't go. Stay, please.”

She nods and sinks back into the bed.

“How about we watch a movie?” she asks after a minute.

Iron Man?”

“Iron Man,” she says with a smile.

This is one of the reasons I like you.

I freeze. Did I just say that?

You okay Kookie?”

“What? Yeah. Here, I'll find the movie,” I say before turning the TV on with the remote and searching for the movie.

 

That was way too close.






 

Author's POV  

“Okay Mrs. Jung, I'm going to take a blood sample so the doctor can run some tests,” the phlebotomist says.

“Wait, that involves needles right,” Scynthia says.

“Just hold my hand Scyn. It's going to be fine,” Hoseok says from his spot next to the bed.

“Okay, you're just going to feel a small prick,” the phlebotomist says before sticking the needle in her vein.

At that touch of the needle, Scynthia squeezes Hoseok’s hand.

You're doing great babe.”

“Alrighty. We're going to put this on a STAT order so you should know the results in an hour or so. The nurse will be in shortly.”

“Okay, thanks,” Hoseok says.

 

The nurse came not too long after the phlebotomist .

“I have some pain meds and some antiemetics to help with your nausea,” the nurse says before giving Scynthia the pills and a cup of water.

“Can I get you two anything?” she asks.  

“Can she have another blanket?” Hoseok asks.

“Of course. I'll be right back with it.”

About two minutes later, the nurse came back with two blankets.

“I'll come back to check on you. If you need anything your call light is right by your left arm,” the nurse says before leaving again.

 

"Your English has gotten really good," Svynyhia says.

"Thanks babe. Now try to relax."

Hoseok rubs Scynthia’s hair back as she gets comfortable and slowly dazes off.






 

Namjoon’s POV

Hey Joonie. I thought you'd be asleep by now,” Rose says as she walks out the bathroom.

Can we talk?”

“Sure, what's on your mind?” she says, climbing into bed next to me.

What's gotten into you?”

“What do you mean?”

“Your attitude. You're so rude and disrespectful. I've seen how you act towards your members and even noona.”

“Joon-”

“No. What is it? This isn't the woman I asked to marry me. Where is the kind and thoughtful Rose I know? Did something happen that I don't know about? Are you going through something?”

She rakes a hand through her hair. She looks everywhere but at me.

Rose. Talk to me. Please,” I say.

Again I get nothing.

Rose.”

“I can't! Not now. I need time. I'll tell you. Just not now.”

“What do you mean not now?” I ask her.

“I can't do this right now,” she says before slamming the bathroom door.

“,” I say throwing my phone on the bed.  That was not how this talk was supposed to go.






 

Author's POV

“Hello Mrs. and Mr. Jung. I'm Dr. Hill. How are you feeling, Mrs. Jung?”

“I'm feeling a little better. I don't feel too nauseous anymore and the pain in my stomach has gone down some. My head is better too.”

“Good, good. Well, I have the results from the blood test.”

“She's okay right?” Hoseok asks.

“One of the tests that we ran did come back positive.”

“Wwhat?”

 

 

 

“Mrs. Jung,” the doctor starts off, “You're positive for. . .”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hope you all enjoy. Wonder what's wrong with Scynthia 🤔🤔🤔. What's up with Rose? How do yall feel about Jungkook and Ann?🤔🤔🤔