~Fourteen~

Breaking Free

 

Jimin's POV

 

“Make some noise!” Taehyung yells out to the crowd.

I smile as I look out to all of our fans cheering for us. I never get tired of seeing this.

We then go into our last song which is our collab song with Royalty.

As we perform the song and dance, I can hear the fans shouting the fanchants. The part of the song where me and Ann are supposed to look into each other's eyes come up.

She walks over to me and smiles and starts singing her lines. I then grab her hand into mine and sing my lines. The crowd goes crazy at that.

I then pull her close to me so we're sharing one mic. We sing the rest of our part together.

As the song is about to end, I dip my face down to peck her lips. I then pull back with a smile.

We all finish the song then say our closing words and bow to the audience before exiting the stage.

Once in our dressing room, everyone just stares at me.

 

“What's with all the looks?” I ask them.

 

What the was that?!” Jungkook suddenly yells at me.

“I don't think that's how you talk to your hyung,” I say with a smirk.

Why did you do that?” he asks through clenched teeth.

Do what?” I ask all innocently.

I notice Jungkook’s hands close into fists and I just scoff. Hoseok hyung goes and stands in front of him and tells him to calm down.

Now, I don't know the whole story about what's going on between you two but what you did up there was really uncalled for,” Namjoon hyung just says to me.

I shrug. “It was all for show. It's what the fans wanted to see.”

“But did she know that was all for show?” he asks.

Does it really matter?” I ask.

You can't be playing with people's feelings like that Jimin,” Jin hyung says.

Whatever,” I say as I grab my clothes to change out the stage clothes.

Seriously Jimin,” Hoseok says, “what's been happening?”

“That's pretty vague, hyung. What are you talking about.”

“Then let me make it clear,” Jungkook says as he walks up right to me. “Why did you break up with Ann? Why have you been treating her like crap? And what’s going on with you and that Nari girl? And why has she been messing with Ann? What has gotten into you, hyung?”

I tilt my head to the side. “What do you mean Nari has been messing with Ann?” I ask in all seriousness.

Now you want to be all caring for her? Where were you when she was crying her eyes out because she believed what that girl told her?” Jungkook says.

My eyes widen at the words that come out Jungkook’s mouth.

What has she been saying to her?” I ask.

Oh, like you really care,” Jungkook says.

Okay guys. Get changed and let's go. We have a plane to catch tonight for our next stop,” Namjoon hyung says.

Everyone listens and starts to change and gather all of their stuff.

I totally forgot that we were leaving for our next tour stop tonight. But maybe this will give me a chance to talk to Ann. I need to find out what's going on and what things were said to her. She wasn't supposed to mess with Ann.









 

Rose's POV

I sigh for the umpteenth time as I watch everyone up on stage on the tv screen backstage.

I can't believe I'm sitting here and not up there on stage.

This is ridiculous,” I say aloud.

Is it really?

I look towards the door and find Hyejin unnie shutting it behind her.

I still don't understand why you made me sit out the concert,” I say.

“You needed to. The more I come to think of it, it seems like you need a break.

“A break for what? And I don't know if you noticed but we are on tour,” I say with an eyeroll.

I suggest you lose that attitude. You apparently do need a break. Do you see the way you're acting? This isn't you Rose. Is there something going on that you want to talk about?” she asks me as she takes a seat next to me on the couch.

I look at her and say, “People change, Hyejin. Get used to it.”

She chuckles. Why is she laughing?

You're right. People do change. I suggest you get used to staying backstage then,” she says.

What?! What do you mean?!” I yell.

I suggest you tone it down and think who you're speaking to. I don't know what's gotten into you but this attitude of yours . The way you're treating your members and everyone is extremely disrespectful and uncalled for. If I need to keep you out of schedules until you shape up then that's what I'll have to do.”

“You cannot be serious.”

“I am. So think very carefully on your choices.”

I scoff and turn away from her and cross my arms over my chest. This is ridiculous.

 

Rose. I know this isn't you. Now what's going on?

 

I turn my head to look at her and that's when I break down and start crying.




 

Author's POV

“Oh, are we interrupting?” Jeong asks after opening the door and seeing Rose cry.

No, come on in,” Hyejin says.

They gather in the room and silent change out of their stage clothes.

We'll be out in the van so just come out when you're ready,” Hyejin says before her and Rose leave the room.

“I wonder what happened here,” Hyun says as he laces his sneakers up.

“I don't know. I'm sure we'll be told soon,” Jeong says.

Scynthia walks over to Ann. “You alright, Ann?

Ann throws her hair up in a bun. “Um. Y-yeah. I'm great, how are you?”

“Cut the crap, Ann. We all saw what happened up there,” Scynthia says.

It's okay to talk to us, shorty. That's what we're here for,” Hyun says.

Ann just looks down, not wanting to show anyone the tears that are threatening to fall.

Jeong, noticing this, speaks up

Since we're all done, let's go to the van. We don't want to be late for our flight."  He pushes everyone out the door.

As they walk to the van, Jeong throws his arm around Ann's shoulders. “They're right you know. We're here for you. Even me and Hyun.

“Thanks oppa.”

“Wow, she speaks. I feel like I haven't heard you speak in a while,” Hyun says as he turns to face Ann and Jeong and walks backwards.

 

Sorry,” she says.

It's not your fault,” Scynthia joins in.

She's right,” Jeong says. "Besides, I feel like we haven't hung out in forever either. You're either with Scyn or Jungkook. Speaking of him, why have you been hanging around him?” he asks, not really fond of the idea.

Ann shrugs. “He's just been coming and hanging out with me, I guess. We are the same age. He probably just feels sorry for me though.”

Jeong sighs. “I see I'm going to have to keep an eye on him. For now on, you'll be sticking close to us.”

Ann couldn't help but smile at her group members. They really are her family. Most of them anyways.

 

 

 

The ride to the hotel was silent. No one spoke, not even Hyejin. Rose sat up in the passenger seat while the rest sat in the back.

Okay, go pack up your things and shower if you need to and stuff. You guys have one hour. Now go, chop chop!” Hyejin says.

The group  hurriedly leaves the van and walks into the hotel.





Once exiting the elevator, the group splits up and walks to their rooms.






 

 

Rose's POV

I finally told someone. I can't believe it. I wish I could feel relieved. My phone suddenly vibrates. I look at the screen to see a text. I open and read it. I internally groan.

You've got to be kidding me:

I miss you.

I throw my phone on the dresser and continue my packing. Namjoon then comes out the bathroom without saying a word.

You ready for the flight?” I ask trying to make conversation.

Not really but I'm really excited to go to Texas,” he says.

I bet. Maybe we can plan some things to do over there.

Maybe.”

“Hey, are you okay Joon?”

“What?”

“I asked if you were okay. You've been acting distant with me,” I tell him.

Come here,” he says as he pats the spot next to him on the bed. I walk over to him and take a seat.

You know how everything happened the night we went to the club right.

I nod. He must still be mad over me getting drugged.

“I don't want to bring this up because it angers me every time I think about it. But, you know how I said I saw you two kissing?”

I nod again.

Well, that's why I've been acting so strange. Everytime I want to kiss or touch you, all I see is him being all over you and then I just see red.

Wow. I'm such a bad person. He's never going to look at me the same. He's never going to forgive me for this. He might even call off the engagement. Oh my god. I really did it this time.

I'm so sorry Joon. I'm so sorry,” I say to him.

No Rose, no. It's not your fault. It's that bastard's. I'm sorry for making you feel like you did something wrong,” he says before bringing me into his chest and wrapping his arms around me.

We'll definitely do something fun in Texas on our days off,” he says before pulling back and kissing me on the lips.

Man did I miss that,” he says with a smile.

I look at his handsome face. All I can think of is how I ruined the best relationship I've ever had. I'm so sorry Joonie. I'm so sorry.





 

Jimin's POV

I walk out to the lobby to only see our manager waiting. Guess I'm the first one here. I pull my suitcase with me as I walk over to our manager. Just as I turn around, the elevator opens for Ann to come out. I notice her scan the lobby, probably trying to find any of her group members.

 

My manager walks up to her and he starts talking. I see him point in my direction and she nods. He walks back but Ann is with him.

We'll just all wait here for everyone. It'll be easier,” he says.

This could be my chance to talk to Ann. I look over to her, only to see her looking down at the ground. I take a breath before walking in front of her.

Hey, “ I say. Hey? That's the best you got? I mentally face palm.

She doesn't say or do anything. She continues to look down. I bend down until I can see her face. “I said hey.”

Once she sees me, she jumps back startled.

“Um h-h-hi,” she stutters out as her eyes move away from mine.

Nervous to talk to me? Glad I still have that effect on you,” I say with a smirk.

She moves to the side so I move, too. She tries to step towards the other side, I move in that direction, as well.

She finally looks back up again. My smirk falls once I take a good look at her face. She has some pretty dark circles under her eyes. Has she not been sleeping? Have her nightmares started up again?

Have you been sleeping okay?” I ask her.

What do you want?” are the first words to come out .

What?”

“What do you want?” she asks again.

Can't I just come and talk to you? We used to do it all the time you know.”

She doesn't answer me. She's back to looking at the ground.

Come on Ann. It's just me.”

I go to grab her wrist but someone's hand grips me.

I look up to see Hyun glaring daggers at me.

What do you think you're doing? Is he hurting you Ann?” he says.

Instead of answering him, she walks to stand behind him.

Can you leave. We were talking,” I say.

“I'll leave but Ann is going with me.”

“You can't control her,” I say as

I walk around him to get to Ann. I barely touch her shoulder and she flinches away and puts her face into his back.

Ann, you know I would never-”

“I suggest you stay the hell away from her,” he says, cutting me off.

He takes her hand and they walk out the door.

 

Great. Just great! That's now how I wanted that to go.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

Hope you enjoy the update! :)