Robin Hood

Tempted
Robin Hood  
 

Taeyong thought his first day would not be such a big deal because he went to the same academy when he was younger, but there has been a change in the demographic of Yongsan Boys' Academy ever since he left five years ago. All but one of his friends moved away from Yongsan so he made sure to stick close to his only friend, Ten. Unfortunately, Ten was the least intimadating person from his circle of friends - in fact, he was more of a prey than a bully. Taeyong knows Ten isn't the best person to be with if he wanted to feel secure, but it would be even more intimidating to be by himself. Ten is from Thailand. His father had a post in Yongsan long ago but his family moved back to Thailand several years ago. They let Ten stay in Korea because he has gotten too used to the Korean culture and wants to study here. Ten is still smiley and flamboyant, just like he remembers him. 

Ten doesn't have an apetite, so Taeyong decides to skip lunch with him. They are walking down the stairs when they see the first hunt of the day. A boy is cornered by three others. If it was 5 years ago, he would have jumped in whenever there is trouble, but things are different now. Taeyong ignores them and walks in the opposite direction. Ten follows.

"I heard you changed a lot after leaving Yongsan," Ten teases Taeyong as they walk through the corridor. "You've gone soft, huh?"
"It's tough" he sighs.  My dad doesn't want me to go around ruining my life - by which I mean his reputation - so I don't have much of a choice." 
"Come on. I'm sure he cares about you. He's your dad! And he does have a point." Ten says. He is the kind of person who sees the good in everyone.
"You don't know him like I do" Taeyong disagrees. It is true. His father may seem like the typical strict military officer kind of father, but that is not the reason why he treats Taeyong with such severity. "It seems like not much has changed around here. It's still as wild as it used to be." He changes the subject. 
"Oh you're mistaken if that's what you think. There is a new order around here - " Ten stops talking as a tall boy walks hurriedly past them. 
Taeyong wonders if he has some kind of a crush on him. He nudges him to inquire why he stopped mid-conversation. 
"Speak of the devil!" Ten exclaims as the boy disappears out of their sight. 
"What do you mean?" Taeyong asks with a puzzled look on his face. 
"He is the order. The Robin Hood." He hisses. "I suppose you wouldn't remember him. You've only seen him once before, after all." 
Taeyong is still clueless what Ten is talking about.
"It's him! The guy who pissed you off on your last day of school 5 years ago!" Ten informs him.
"His name is Robin Hood?"
"Of course not, stupid. That was a metaphor." Ten rolls his eyes. He does that a lot. "His name is Jaehyun. Jung Jaehyun."
"What's the deal with Robin Hood?" Taeyong asks but before Ten could answer, the bells start chiming and it is time for the next lesson. Ten has a different lesson in the Art department so he takes the lift and goes his separate way. Taeyong makes his way to his Physics class. When he enters the room, there is only one seat left - by the window, next to Robin Hood. 

 
 
 
author's notes
Do you like the layouts or think they get in the way of your reading?? If a lot of you do not like them, I can remove the layouts.