About Taeyong

Tempted
ABOUT TAEYONG

Taeyong is the kind of guy who catches everyone's eyes the moment  he walks into the room. He's often called brooding, godly, charming and a stream of other praises. He does not think much of such fickle flattery because Taeyong knows all these people only see him on the outside. They do not really know who he is.

Taeyong often got into brawls as a kid. He liked picking fights with other people for no particular reason. He knows it's his fault for getting a bad reputation around his neighbourhood in Yongsan but maybe he just wanted some attention - not the fake praises that people shower him with but a true judgement of his character. His last day in Yongsan Boys' Academy was particularly memorable. His 13 year-old self was sitting on a flight of stairs in his middle school with his friends. They were jeering people who walked past, calling them names. A lanky boy wearing glasses was walking past them. They all shouted "nerd" and laughed out loud. 
"What is your problem?" The boy fought back. 
Taeyong stood up, rolled up his sleeves as hewalked down the stairs towards the boy. "Are you picking a fight with me?" He pushed the boy.
"I'm not. You are." He replied. 
"You've got guts, huh? Why don't you keep hibernating like an otaku and spare the world the sight of your ugly face, you nerd," Taeyong yelled and shoved him away. He felt a hand on his shoulder. "Don't interrupt me," he said. 
The person turned him around and looked at him with contempt. It was the boy who transferred to their school from America just a few days ago. "Why are you bothering this guy? He has done nothing to you," he said.
"Mind your own ****ing business, fish." Taeyong snarled. 
"You're the one who should be minding your own business. Call him what you want but  that 'nerd' will be far better off than you in ten years' time. You lot only know how to be hooligans," the guy rolled his eyes. He helped the lanky boy get up on his feet and ushered him away. 
Taeyong was boiling with anger but by the time he thought of something to say back to him, the new boy was already walking away. "You people from abroad think you're worth s***, huh? Go f*** yourself!" He shouted at him, hoping his words were heard. He even forcefully kicked a trashed bottle in his direction. 
His family moved to Pyeongtaek in a few days. His father had recently been promoted and transferred to the military base in Pyeongtaek. Taking his advice, Taeyong had agreed to not cause trouble and create a new, clean image for himself in the new neighbourhood. His father started monitoring his behaviour strictly. Soon enough, he became the top student of his new school with straight A*s. He found his new life hard and suffocating. Still, he had no choice but to comply with his father's rules. Five years later, in his last year of high school, his father was transferred back to Yongsan base after yet another promotion.