Chapter 4

Piece by piece

I've decided to change Daehyun's profession from Captain of Seoul's SVU to Director of S. Korea's version of the FBI (I think it's call NIS, I don't remember)> Also, since both Namjoon and Jennie studied in New Zealand and last name is Kim, I made them siblings in this fic. I changed up the ages for Blackpink. I made Lisa and Jisoo 18/19 with Jimin and seniors at their school while Jennie and Rose are in the 16/17 age group. I hope y'all enjoy.


“Babe,” gently spoke Hoseok as he entered the room he shares with Jimin. It had been a rough few weeks for all of them. Mrs. Kim hadn’t even tried to contact Yoongi or Jimin during that time and he felt guilty. He had been told repeatedly by both that Mrs. Kim was just their foster mother and they only really cared what Mr. Kim had to say. Even so, He would whisper ‘I’m sorry’ into his pregnant boyfriend’s hair every night.

“What time is it?” yawned the blonde as he stretched his. Even with that sleepy face, he still looked beautiful to Hoseok.

“It’s 6:30. I’m going to catch a ride Jin-hyung, so take the car and be sure to dress warmly. It’s very cold this morning and I don’t want you walking in snow. The sidewalk is extremely slippery right now,” he kissed the younger’s forehead lovingly before showing his unborn child the same love. “Drive safely and I want you to call me when you’re about to leave and when you get to school. Okay?” He smiled at Jimin as he nodded. The roads were slippery, too, but Jimin had to walk one block to get to the bus stop that took him to the subway station. Then he had to walk another two or so blocks to catch the bus that dropped him off as close to the school as possible. He had to walk the rest of the way. With him being now about 10 weeks or so, the dancer would much rather have him drive to school, cutting his usual commute in half.

“Mmm…,” hummed a sleepy Jimin as he sat up on the bed. “Have a good day at school, ‘kay? I’ll see you at the studio. I love you,” he shared a sweet peck with his boyfriend before he exited the apartment.

Once in his friend’s car, Hoseok couldn’t help but look back at everything that happened. The doctor had confirmed that they were, indeed, expecting – they were entering the eighth week. His screensaver was the photo he took of the sonogram they were given.

His tiny bean….

His tiny bean with tiny limbs and a strong heart.

He swears he didn’t shed a single tear but he, Yoongi, and Jimin broke down when the ‘tudump’ came from the speakers on the machine. He must provide for his family, now. He can’t continue slacking off if he wants to give them a better life.

***

“Good morning,”

Taehyung’s eyes fluttered open when he heard the tiny voice and soft plush lips that littered his bare chest with loving kissed.

“Mmm…, good morning, princess,” he smiled when his eyes caught those large orbs looking back at him. The owner of those orbs kept contact as she placed a peck on just above his navel. “Are you going to keep on teasing or do I have to kick your to get a proper kiss?” He winks and bit his lip sinfully.

“Morning, daddy,” she whispered back, connecting their lips.

He pulled her on top of him, making her straddle his hips. He grabbed a fist full of her blonde hair while she did the same.

“Lalisa, honey, it’s tim-,” his girlfriend’s mother’s eyes popped out of their sockets.  “AHHHH!!!!”

They pulled apart so fast when they heard Lisa’s mother’s voice. Taehyung pushed his girlfriend off him and quickly began to dress, comically hopping into his boxers before Lisa’s father entered the room. Lisa, on the other hand, just pulled her covers over her form. Once he had his underwear on, he picked up his belongings and ran out the room – Lisa followed, bring her bed cover with her.

He heard the heavy foot falls that belonged to Lisa’s father when he reached the staircase that lead to the kitchen door. This wasn’t the first time he had snuck into his girlfriend’s house but it was the first time they had ever been caught in the act.

“Baby, wait!!!” shouted the blonde. He turned around and gave him another kiss. “Go!!!! Love you,” she just smiled at him.

He didn’t have to be told twice when he saw the Thailand Ambassador running towards him with a baseball bat. Using the maintenance entrance was the easiest way in and out the home, he knew the rout like the back of his hand.

And, so, he ran as he laughed at what had happened. He ignored the strange looks he received from those that saw him.

***

Easing his way into the student parking, Jimin prayed that no one noticed him. He wasn’t the only scholarship student in the school, his friend Jennie was on scholarship also, but he was singled out because A) loved by the staff because of his manners and grades, B) he did Contemporary dance professionally, C) his extensive knowledge in skin care, D) his hair and makeup always looked flawless, and D) he was open about his uality.  

Luck wasn’t on his side, this morning. Just a few spaces away was his friend Lisa’s brother and his group of friends and their groupies, leaning against their flashy sport cars. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He needed to remain calm for his baby. He opened the door to the Wrangler (A/N: Just bought myself a Jeep Wrangler on Saturday. It’s not my first car but it is one I’m getting with my own money). Carefully as possible, he hopped off and slung his school bag over his shoulder. He still wasn’t sure why his boyfriend purchased the damn thing. It was a bit difficult for him to hop on and off and how was he going to do it when he’s waddling around? They needed a car or a small SUV, not a damn Off-Road – they live in Seoul!!!!

With a huff, he adjusted his scarf and made his way to the main office to get a parking permit. He was unaware of the glares he received from the boys a few spaces from his car.

 

“How can I help you, sweetie,” smiled the receptionist as he walked up the front desk. The last time he had been in the office was when he was first entered the school his first year of high school. The dean of the school was excited to present him to the staff that day.

“Hi, my name is Min Jimin and I want to update my personal information, emergency contacts, and see who I have to speak too in regards to getting a parking permit and an excuse,” he handed the smiling woman his vehicle information and a letter from his doctor excusing him from dance class because of his pregnancy.

“Ummm,” the receptionist cleared . “If you take a seat, I’ll see if your adviser is available,” her smiled seemed forced now. As she stood up, Jimin noticed now her eyes shot down to look at his bump hidden under his winter coat.

He just smiled and nodded before taking a seat by the door.

His academic adviser, Mrs. Kang, gave him hell.

**

“Hello, es,” greeted his friend Jennie as she placed her lunch tray on the table. ‘Hey’ came the chorus from her friends as she took her seat. “Please tell me I wasn’t the only that bombed Mr. Moon’s quiz on Cellular Respiration?” she whined, leaning her head on Jimin’s shoulder.

“Girl, me and you both,” pipped in Lisa, popping a fry into .

“Did you even study for the quiz? He told us at the beginning of the week?” scolded Rose stealing a fry from Lisa’s tray. “Even Jimin, who skips every other class, Aced the damn thing!”

“Nope,” Lisa popped her ‘p’. “Taehyung was over at mine most of the week. happened at home?” she asked Jimin. It wasn’t a secret that Taehyung and Lisa were a thing and honestly, they weren’t sure how much energy lived within that relationship. The only people that didn’t know were Lisa’s family, for obvious reasons – parents were never home and her brother was always out with a new lay.

Jimin stopped mid bite. Yes, something did happen at home but he hadn’t told them yet. It’s not that he didn’t trust them. He did. He was just embarrassed at what they would say. And the fact that Jennie looked as curious as the other three meant that Namjoon hadn’t said anything either.

“Yes, something happened at home,” he placed his slice of pizza down, making sure the corn stayed in place. I wonder how this would taste with Mexican style beans and nacho cheese? He thought.

“Does this have to deal with why Joonie-oppa came home with a busted lip and Hobi-oppa looked like a punching bag the other day?” asked Jennie, taking a bite out of her pizza.

“Yeah,” he blinked several times, guilt hit him once again. “Umm, I got kicked out,” he mumbles, sliding the tray away from as wave of nausea passed him.

“What?!?!” the four of them shouted simultaneously.

“Why?” Jisoo wrapped her arms around his middle, resting her chin on his shoulder. He couldn’t tell if she felt his bump and was ignoring it or honestly didn’t feel it.

“I’m pregnant,” he just dropped the news not caring that there were other students around.

“NO?!?!?!”

Jimin nodded.

Lisa’s body hit him like a ton of brinks. Her action made him giggle, brightening up his mood by 1,000. He was glad Taehyung had someone like Lisa in his life.

“I’m so happy for you, Oppa. How did Yoongi-oppa take it?” asked the ginger haired girl, pulling Lisa off Jimin with Jisoo’s help.

Feeling like he wouldn’t be judged by them, Jimin told them everything that happened following up to him moving in with Hoseok. How he was driving himself crazy thinking he was pregnant. Jin seeing him tiny bump. His weird , random cravings – Jennie added corn to her pizza, too. His brother beating Hoseok and accidently punching Namjoon in the process.

“Is it true what they say about rappers and dancers?” Jisoo wiggled her eyebrow. She earned strange looks from everyone around her – including those who were not in their friend circle.

“What?” laughed Jimin, bumping her shoulder with his.

“Is it true what they say about dancers and rappers? Dancers are good in bed and rappers are good kissers,” she nodded, pushing her glasses higher on her nose. Just his Seokjin – cute and lovable with a dirty mind.

“Obviously, Unnie,” Rose clicked her tongue. “I’m sure Jimin wouldn’t be pregnant if it weren’t true.” She hugged Jimin, tightly, check to check. They both had their eyes closed and innocent smiled on their face. Looking almost identical to one another.

“If I didn’t know both of you personally, I’d swear you were twins,” huffed Jennie, glaring at one of Lisa’s brother’s friends who sneered at them as he passed.

“Nah, not twins but siblings,” commented Jisoo, tilting her head to the side to take a closer look. “I’m sure Jimin doesn’t have that odd colored hair like Rose,” she threw a piece of corn at Lisa.

“Yeah, he does,” crackled the blonde. “I’ve been at the same dance studio as him since he started to dye his hair. Stop throwing food at me!!!” she whined hiding behind Jennie, trying to avoid corn kernels being throw at her by Jisoo.

The rest of the day was spent with Jisoo asking how sinful Hoseok’s tongue was, Lisa rubbing his belly, Jennie asking for help on a move in dance class (cautious on Jimin’s movements. She doesn’t want to die at the hands of AGUST D), and Rose acting like the annoying younger sister he didn’t have.

But just like Jimin had his secret about being a foster child to the rest of the school. Rose kept secret the news of her brother. The young agent that was that NIS office when they went to speak with Agent Jung told her he was a good agent and she hoped that they had at least some news before she told her friends.

 

***

“What information has been gathered?” Daehyun asked his team of agents. It has been a few about a month or so since the file of Gyuri’s missing son hit his desk. She didn’t want to given him a straight answer when he called her about the boy, saying he needed to concentrate on the case and bring our Minnie home. She wasn’t one to cheat so his suspicion must be correct. Right?

“I spoke with the hospital in Busan,” began Agent Dong, known as Youngbae at the office. He was the sweetest man on the force but his platinum blonde hair and undercut made him intimidating while working a case. “The OBgyn Heiress Park had passed away five months ago, of a ,” he looked over at his partner who nodded for him to continue. “But, the head nurse that worked for him during that time still works at the hospital.”

“She said that she found it odd that Heiress Park was putting her baby up for adoption when few hours prior she was happily chatting away and showing her the outfit she was going to put on her baby,” continued Youngbaes’ partner, Agent Kwon. Just like Youngbae, he looks didn’t mirror his personality. “She recalls the doctor ordering one of the other nurses to give the heiress a sedative but she wasn’t sure why.”

“The doctor was an apparent gambler and said she wouldn’t be surprised if he was paid to destroy the family,” finished off Agent Youngbae handing over his report.

“What about the adoption agency?” asked Daehyun as he wrote down everything in his note pad.

“The orphanage director was told that his mother was unfit to take care of him and he was placed with The Min family right after he arrive. The parents passed away eight years ago, leaving Heir Park and his older brother orphan,” answered Jessica, the only female on his team. “I’m still trying to finding the social worker in charge of the boys’ case.” She stood up from her seat and handed the director her file.  

“Baekhyun?” asked Daehyun as he opened the file and saw a family photo. The time stamp said it was taken on the boy’s 10th birthday. Jimin looked nothing like the other members of the family. While they had black hair and fair skin, he had his mother’s hair ginger hair and sun-kissed skin. But those chubby cheeks, bright eyes, and innocent reminded him of someone.

Him.  

“My team is looking into all accounts that Chairman Park has, personal and business wise. If it’s true what the maid said, we’ll be able to spot questionable withdraws.”

“Okay,” he blinked a few times. “Keep up the good work. Keep me updated. I’m working close with Heiress Park in doing our best to keep this from hitting the media. If more people were involved in this case, we don’t want them learning we are on to them and hide.” The director gathered his files. He wanted, no, needed to speak with Gyuri about this. If Jimin really is his son, he needs to find him.

 

“Director?” Baekhyun’s voice stopped him in his tracks.

“Yes,” he cleared his throat.

“You dropped this,” he hand’s the photo over to Daehyun and smiles. “He looks like you. Is he your son, too?” he asked nervously. He was still young and a free spirt. Because of it, the fellow agents thought he was still too immature and naïve to be working with them, but that didn’t stop him. He had a good eye and remembered details people thought were useless.

“Um, why do you ask?”

“You go all awe-struck when Heiress Park is mentioned and Ms. Rose told me that you and her mother used to date before you left to studied abroad. The boy’s birthday and the time you dated coincide.”

“Is that so?” he raised a brow at the younger.

“Yes, sir,” Baekhyun nodded childishly. “Don’t worry, sir. You found my little brother. You’ll find Jimin, too. Your son or not,” he smiled and walked away. He paused at the door, “I have a meeting with Taehyung’s social worker today. His foster parents have been informed and were going to have a meeting today after work and set a date for when I can meet him,” he waved a quick goodbye before running out the conference room towards the elevator.

Daehyun smiled at the younger. God, he was so young and full of life. He walked out the room and followed the younger agent. He was going to speak to Gyuri and get a clear answer as well as inform her of his team’s progress.       


Can y'all guess who Lisa's brother is????

Let me know in the comments :)