Chapter 11

Piece by piece

This chapter is longer than the rest but I don't think it would have made sense if I had cut it short.
I proofread to the best of my ability but like always I missed some errors that I'll go back and edit them once I find them.

Enjoy.


His uniform pants are uncomfortable and he doesn’t care if they write him up for dress code. Little Mochi doesn’t feel comfortable wearing them, so, why should he? What kind of parent would he be if he doesn’t listen to his child? He grabs a pair of black sweatpants and slips them on. They feel tight around his tummy but they are way better than his pants. He grabs a pair of black socks and walks to the living room.

He’s only 18 weeks and 5 days and he’s too tired to put his own socks and shoes on. Yawning, he sits on the old couch they have and closes his eyes. A five-minute nap wouldn’t hurt anyone. They could have instant oatmeal, toast, butter, milk, and coffee – Hoseok wouldn’t cry if he didn’t make something for breakfast.

He lets his hand fall onto his belly and began rubbing it. He had woken up around 3AM because he felt something like butterfly wings fluttering and sleeping on his side didn’t help. It felt good though, the rubbing. Hoseok had rubbed his stomach until he fell asleep.

“Morning, big brother,” giggled Rose, taking Jimin’s hand in hers.

Jimin opened his eyes, not yet fully functional, and was greeted by his little sister. He wanted to laugh that she had chocolate and powdered sugar on her face. No, he did laugh. She guided him into the kitchen and sat him down in front of a stack of freshly made banana waffled with sliced strawberries and blueberries on top, drizzled with milk chocolate and powdered sugar. Also on the table, stacks of warm waffles, fluffy yellow eggs, turkey bacon, sausage, ham, toast, butter, strawberry jam and jelly, a tea pot of warm peppermint tea, coffee, and orange juice.   His mouth watered at the food.

“Morning, Minnie,” smiled his mother as she set a glass of milk in front of him. “Hoseok texted me last night saying your stomach hurt. I had a lot of heartburn while I was pregnant with you and Rose, I was thinking it could be the same.” She took the seat next to her daughter and began nibbling on a slice of bacon.

“Good morning,” he greeted everyone at the table. “Where’s Hobi?” he yawned as he looked for his boyfriend before taking a sip of his milk.

“Still getting ready. Someone took a little too long in the toilet,” answered Yoongi, taking a sip of his warm black coffee. He let out a content sigh as the hot liquid went down his throat.

“Well, I’m sorry, hyung, but try having a bell pepper sit on your bladder 24/7. And the bigger they get the more you gotta go,” scuffed the pregnant teen, stuffing a strawberry in his mouth. How dare he call him out on his time in the bathroom.

“Chill, MinMin,” chuckled Yoongi. “I’m just playing. He went with your dad to switch the school’s parking permit,” he rests his elbows on the table. “And, honestly, I think it’s safer, you driving the car than the damn tank.”
“Elbows off the table,” scolds Gyuri as she ate.

Yoongi does as he is told. “The jeep is nice and all but it’s a risk for you and Mochi, when getting on and off,” he took another sip of his cooling coffee.

“He’s right, Jimin,” began Gyuri. “You might be thinking why I’m even saying anything but it’s true. You could slip getting on or off and really hurt yourself and the baby. More than what you two have already been through,”

“I wasn’t going to say anything. I don’t even like driving. I like the Jeep, it’s pretty badass, but when am I going to drive a BMW. It’s so out of my price range, even with what I have saved up from when I was with the company,” he giggled.

“You can get yourself one, or, we could get it for you if you want,” blinked the redhead.

Jimin’s laughter died down. “No, it’s okay. Sure, I’m your son, but I was raised to earn my own money and know what investments to make. My manager called me last night and told me that my contract was getting cut short – something about me being pregnant and what happened with Kris. Also, with Yoongi hyung and Hobi-hyung in university and Mochi arriving late May or early June, we can’t be spending money on luxury.” Maybe that’s what that fluttering feeling was, he was worried. They went from a three-income household to two, and that depended if the boys had any shows that week.

“They cut your contract and didn’t even tell you in person?” Yoongi was pissed. Jimin always gave his all to the company – missing school, losing sleep, even worked when he was nothing but skin and bone – and they repay him like this? He already knows what he’s going to do when get out of class.

“You can move in with us. Our house is too big,” smiled Rose. She felt that she needed to mediate.

Gyuri put her fork down. She knew people discriminated pregnant people but firing them with a bull reason like they did Jimin. Nope, her father created that company for her sons (she’s considering Yoongi as her own) to showcase their natural talent. Unlike like those fat bastards that sat behind a desk thinking they knew what talent was.

“Don’t worry, Minnie,” she began, “I’ll be heading over to PJM this afternoon. Like Hyungie (her nickname for Daehyun other than oppa) told us at the hospital, PJM is an LLC owned by our Corporation, meaning, I own it. My decision trumps everyone else’s.” This won’t do, no one messes with her baby.

“No, it’s okay,” began Jimin. He didn’t want to make everything a bigger deal. If the company thought it was best for him to be let go, then be it. He wasn’t going to fight it.

“Our mother is stubborn,” sighed Rose as she kept eating. “Don’t fight it, you won’t win”

**

Jimin smirked at the looks he and Rose were getting as they drove into the school parking lot. His parents – feels weird calling them that – promised to keep everything hush hush until he felt ready. Gyuri had even kept Rose out of the media the girl’s whole life, so he wasn’t worried someone would find out. The shiny black on black Series 6 coupe wasn’t the flashiest car there but with Jimin and Rose inside, it drew attention.

He took a free spot and both got out. He was wrapped in a one of a kind winter coat his mother had designed specifically for him. As they walked – he waddled – his sister looped their arms together and giggled. The time he spent on bedrest, she would tell him everything that happened at the school. They ignored the stares they were getting. They were the odd bunch of the school.

Jimin laughed to himself. He and Rose are basically royalty with the amount of money their family has and they are outcasts at school. The irony. It felt weird to thing like that but he felt like he was getting to terms with the whole thing.

“MIN JIMINIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YOU’RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!”

The siblings turned back to see who had called the eldest and saw Lisa, Jennie, and Jisoo running their way. He smiled and waved back. He missed being at school, surrounded by his real friends, distracting him from everything that was happening outside those gates.

They greeted each other with a hug. God, he missed them. The five of them linked arms and continued into the school. The walked into the school lunchroom to wait until they were allowed to class. They sat at their usual table and talked about everything they could.

“Hey can I ask you a question?” he asked, taking a sip of his still warm peppermint tea, his mother having served him some for later.

“Are ready did,” Jisoo rolled her eyes as she played with her camera.

“I’m serious, Ji,” huffed Jimin, crossing his arms with a pout.

“I’m playing, shish.”

“Okay,” he took a deep breath. “We didn’t know how to ask Yoongi-hyung, but,” he sighed, “Gyuri-emmoa said that it’s tradition in or family for our children to take their ‘mother’s’ name. Since I was registered at birth as ‘Park’ that Mochi should talk the name Park. I don’t want too because Daehyung-appa is a ‘Jung’, my adoptive father was a ‘Min’, and Hoseok is a ‘Jung’ and I plan on marrying him some day,” he looked down at his small hands. It had been stressing him out since he was discharged but want sure how to bring it up with his brother. Hoseok looked sad when they talked about it but wouldn’t comment. Jimin wished he would, it would save them both a lot of time.

“Bull,” cursed Rose as she stared at her brother. “Screw tradition. Big brother,” she took his hands in hers, “I know that mom registered you as a ‘Park’ but Mochi is yours and Hoseok’s baby, not hers. You give Mochi their father’s last name. Plus, after what grandfather did to you? To us? You shouldn’t give your child your kidnappers name!” She shouted.

“She’s right, Min,” agreed Lisa.

“Yeah. I mean, he did cause everyone a lot of pain with what he did. You shouldn’t give him the honor of continuing the tradition. You’ll still be a ‘Park’ even if you change your name to ‘Jung’ and so will your children,” agreed Jennie. Jisoo nodding in agreement.

“You’re right. I should disrespect Hoseok like that,” he smiled. “Thanks guys,” he hugged his sister.

 

Time when slow for him. Some would stare at his bump while others whispered amongst themselves about him, but no one commented. He had gone from the ‘king of the loser squad’ to ‘the thug from across town’. Yeah, his fellow peers were smart as hell. But he shrugged it off. He wasn’t there to please them. Even though his education had been paid but someone who hurt him, he was still grateful that his education was already paid for. He needed to graduate and he had already missed so much class. Only a few more weeks and he’d be at home resting for when his baby arrives.

He felt it again. Those butterflies in his tummy. He rubbed his tummy as he entered his Music Composition class. Aside from dance, he loved his composition class. His professor, Mr. Choi was hilarious. He had been in the music industry since he was a kid himself – getting his start at underground venues until he was scouted, he was part of a boyband, wrote and produced music for said group, before he went solo, became an actor, and the retired.

“Welcome back, Mr. Min,” greeted his professor. A smiled graced the man’s chiseled face.   

If that man wasn’t straight and married. You stop that thought right there, Min Jimin. You have a boyfriend and are pregnant by said boyfriend!!!!!! He scolded himself. “Feels good to be back, Mr. Choi,” he offered his brightest smile. He opened his backpack and took out the assignments he had missed when classes resumed after winter break. “I completed my work. I changed the topic of the song you had assigned. I just felt that with what was going on, it would fit better.”

“The whole club incident?” asked the professor, ignoring the giggles that were coming from a group of girls in the front row. “I didn’t expect the guy to be so young and that other kid popped me in the eye!” he laughed. The looked down at Jimin’s belly, “May I?”

Jimin nodded.

His professor placed a large had on Jimin’s belly and smiled. “I’m not happy about what happened to you that night, but I’m glad he didn’t hurt the child.” He looked up at the class, “Everyone take out your composition books and continue working on your assignments. Have a seat Jimin, he motioned to the chair next to his desk and helped the teen. “While you were out, I had informed all my classes that the week before graduation everyone would have to present their original work in a show case in front of students, staff, and parents. It would be presented as a solo or as a group. If in a group, you must provide the names of those who will assist you so I could in from their elective professors for extra credit.” He smiled.

“Since you will not have time to prepare and participate in this showcase and you already have the credits needed, you can go ahead and exempt this project if you like,” Mr. Choi shrugged and signaled Jimin to head to his seat.

The teen taught over the offer. “The week before graduation? So, in a week in a half after tomorrow?” he asked.

Mr. Choi tapped his nose.

“I’ll do it,” smiled Jimin. “Is my crew allowed?”

“The boys you were preforming with that day?”

“Yes, sir. My brother, boyfriend, and friends,” Jimin bit his lip nervously.

“I don’t see a reason that wouldn’t be allowed,” the retired idol opened his desk draw and pulled out a file that contained a list of every student and by class registered. Next to Jimin’s name he wrote ‘groupe’ “I’ll need your crew name and member names.”

“Okay, thank you, sir,” Jimin walked to his seat and sent a mass text to everyone. They all agreed.

**

PJM Entertainment didn’t know what hit them when a pissed off Mamma and Papa Bear showed up with their lawyers hot on their heels. Without even greeting the receptionist they made their way to the highest floor and stormed into the conference room.

“Chairwoman Park,” greeted the CEO as he stood from his seat and offered it to her. “We were conduction a meeting on finalizing the termination of a few contract of the dance department,” he gulped.

Gyuri raised a penciled brown at the overweight CEO as she took the seat at the head of the table. “Mr. Dong,” she scuffed, “as you know, my father is very ill and bedridden at the moment, and is unable to deal with the burden of running several businesses. Meaning, any decision having to deal with anything that belongs to me, or Park Corp. in general, has to be approved or denied by me, and the request to terminate these contracts.” She looked around the room. None of the men seated at the table knew what it meant to do what these kids so. They never left home at a young age, suffered hunger, insomnia, depression, anxiety. No, everything was handed to them by their parents.

“Yes, ma’am!” He snapped his stubby fingers and his assistant placed the files in front of Gyuri.

“Lee TaeMin? Why? He’s one of the first ever trainees we ever contracted?” she looked at everyone with cold eyes.

“He’s unable to perform at the level the company requires,”

“Mr. Dong, this is my attorney, Mr. Kim Jong-in,” as she introduced the young lawyer, he pulled out a stack of folders from his briefcase. She picked out the dancer’s file and opened it. “Lee TaeMin, age 20. Profession: Singer, Dancer, Actor – currently employed by PJM Ent. Cause of hospital visit: fell unconscious while on stage in Daegu. Did you know that while under your care, Mr. Lee has visited the hospital for malnutrition and dehydration countless times? They found different kinds of diet pill in his dorm, along with psychotics. This is negligence Mr. Dong.” She glared at the bastard. But continued.

“Next on our list, Lalisa Manoban. Age 18 Our first foreign apprentice, set to debut after graduation. She’s the daughter of the Thailand Ambassador here in Seoul, high school senior. We have no medical record on her but I do see many write ups. Why?” Instead of looking at the CEO, she asked the rest in the room.

“Um, she doesn’t follow directions. She skips lessons on a daily. Her frist vocal lesson is at Noon but she doesn’t arrive until after 4PM,” shivered a young woman. Her eyes shot in every direction in fright.

“Did you take in consideration that Ms. Manoban is in her last year of high school and has spent the entire year preparing for the college entrance exams?”

“No, ma’am. She just doesn’t follow schedule,” tried reasoning the young woman.

“Or is it the fact that both of them are real close friends to Min Jimin?” asked Daehyun, as he looked over his own son’s file.

“Next contract termination, Min Jimin. Age 18. Dancer, high school student, teen parent, openly gay, orphan,”

“Chairwoman Park, Mr. Min was involved in gang activity when he was attacked,” tried reasoning the CEO.

“What you’re telling us is, because you haven’t promoted Min Jimin, in a year in a half, the same amount of time my father has been ill. Mr. Min has to find a means of survival and that means doing what he loves, preforming. Mr. Min did what he could to help feed himself and the two, or three if you count the fetus, that live with him,” the red head stood from her seat and pulled the file herattorney had delivered to her earlier. “I have the original documentation on what has happened with this company since the beginning and why it was created. I will review this throughout the week as I receive your resignation letters.” She walked to the door. The attorneys exited first and Daehyun held the door open for her, “No one messes with my kid and gets away with it,” and she left leaving everyone in their seats stunned.

**

“Chairwoman Park?”

Gyuri looked up from the document she was reading. With the help of her lawyer and the NISI she was able to get a hold of Jimin’s adoption record, the documents for PJM Ent., and a copy of her father’s will and testament that stated that her son was the sole heir to everything the Park’s owned if something were to happen her father. What amazed her was the fact that her father had given Yoongi a percentage of PJM’s assets. Meaning the kid held a big chunk of the company fortune and had a say in what happened with the company and the kid didn’t even know it. (A/N: I stated two chapters ago that Chairman Park was involved in both Yoongi’s and Jimin’s life after their parents died, but he had be involved in placing his grandson with the Min’s – making sure they would be able to provide for his grandson.) Jimin was basically the face of the dance portion of the company, because of his talent, and making his own company money while her father was still good and healthy.

“Yes, Secretary Kong?” she addressed the young woman.

“Someone sent these for you,” she moved to the side to allow a teenage boy to enter the office. In his hands was a banquet of red roses.

“Who are they from?” asked the ginger, arching a brow at the boy. He handed her a small card and excused himself. She smiled at the card.

Dinner tonight?

You, me, the kids?

-Daehyun

Her smiled grew wider and walked around her desk to the coffee table the delivery boy had placed the flowers. Her secretary excused herself. Gyuri couldn’t help but feel like a teenage girl again. That young boy with bleach blonde hair, thick eyeliner, and tattoos that decorated his body.

Their first family dinner. She looked down at her wrist watch, 3:20PM, almost time for the kids to get out of school. How was Jimin’s first day back? She pushed that thought to the back of her head and quickly began to gather her belongings, carefully folding the documents they had acquired to study as they waited for their children or dinner.

**

Daehyung bid his fellow agents goodbye as he rushed out the office. He had made a reservation at the new restaurant that had opened in Gangnam, remembering his son had said he was craving something foreign. He had spent hours looking for a place everyone would feel comfortable and had finally decided on the Mexican Pub and Grill that had opened last week. He entered his car and sped his way to the pub.

He was excited. His first family dinner since they found Jimin. He was going to give himself the opportunity to act like a new parent with a newborn baby. He had called his parents after his son had been discharged. There had been lots of crying on both ends of the line. Just like him, they hadn’t expected to be grandparents or, in their case, great grandparents. His mother had ordered him to take lots of pictures of Jimin and promised to fly down to Busan to introduce him. His smile almost broke his face with how wide it was.

Pulling into the restaurant, he saw Jimin waddling his way to the entrance holding Hoseok’s hand. Behind them was Yoongi, looking annoyed with Rose on his back. Don’t tell him, but the smile he was trying to conceal was too gummy. Watching how happy and close the four were made his heart erupt in excitement. They were one step closer to becoming a family.

He got out of his car and jogged across the street to his children. Catching up to them as the hostess gathered their dinner menus.

“Appa!!!” shouted Rose, jumping off Yoongi’s back to greet the agent with a tight hug.

He and Gyuri had shared one kiss and they girl had begun calling him ‘Appa’. He didn’t mind it, though. It felt nice and he liked the way his heart skipped a beat knowing she respected him enough to call him her father. He greeted Hoseok with a handshake and a pat on the back and greeted his son and Yoongi with a side hug – kissing the top of Jimin’s head twice, once for him and twice for Little Mochi.

“Your reservation said six?” smiled the hostess, winking at the agent who was oblivious at her action.

“Yes,” the young ginger offered a wicked smile. “Our mother is on her way,” she wrapped her arms around the agent, shielding him from the hostess praying eyes.

The hostess just smirked at the girl. She walked them to their table and looked at Daehyun, “Your server will be right with you to take your order.” She placed the menus in front of everyone a little harshly, leaving Jimin’s hand extended to take his and Hoseok’s menu. She walked away, after winking to the agent again.

“,” mumbled the Parks siblings as they watched her walk away with a sway of her hips. The blonde was about to continue with a rude comment but his boyfriend quickly covered his mouth. Blame the Hormones. Someone has to put that in her place. Going after taken men, smh.

As they waited for their server to arrive, everyone joked and talked about their day. Jimin had his face buried in the dessert menu, hoping something would call his attention and satisfy his sugar craving. They had fresh made churros with a variety of dipping sauces or filled with caramelized goat milk. But what drew his attention was the churro cheesecake.

“Cheese cake?”

Jimin looked up and his father was looking over his shoulder at the dessert in question. His eyes were wide in excitement.

“Jung Daehyun, sit down. Don’t traumatize our child or grandchild,” scolded Gyuri as the hostess walked her to the table. She ignored the snarl her daughter gave the young woman. “We’ll get you your cheesecake after dinner, okay?” She giggled as she greeted everyone at the table. She ignored the looks the other guests were giving her. “I see your tail wagging,” she sat down.

Their server arrived right behind Gyuri and took everyone’d drink and appetizer order.

“This place is nice,” commented Hoseok as he looked around the restaurant. He wasn’t into dining in lucxurious places. He was used to ‘Hole-in-the-wall’ locations or street foods. Jimin and Yoongi were a bit more used to it but still felt out of place.

“I know,” giggled Rose. “Eomma an I usually cook together at home or order takeout. We hardly ever go out to eat. We only ever use the cook that ‘He should who not be named’ hired when we have events, but I’m still not used to the whole authentic Korean foods,” she hummed as she looked over her dinner menu.

“Nice Harry Potter reference. It’s good to know you classify Grandpa Park as Lord Voldemort,” Yoongi ruffled her hair. He used to find the younger redhead annoying and childish but after the whole thing that happened they had grown closer. Rose going as far as accepting him as her older brother.

“The tension between Gyuri, Daehyun, and Jimin was slowly disappearing as the night grew on. They were all laughing and enjoying their appetizers and company. Yoongi sipped his imported beer as he watched Jimin and Rose fight over the chips and cheese dip they had ordered. Gyuri, dubbed “princess of S.Korea’ stood from her seat to wipe her son’s face clean of cheese and put her daughter’s hair in a fashionable messy bun. They looked like a family with the way everyone was laughing, and in Daehyun’s case, choking on his sweet tea.

“I disown the two of you!!” playfully chided Gyrui. “Only Yoongi and Hoseok are my children!!” her words broke him out of his mind. He hid his confusion with a chuckle.

“Who ordered the Enchiladas?” asked their server as he placed a steaming plate of cheese enchiladas in front of Rose.

Everyone began laughed and conversed about their day, all the younger one sharing food with each other (My sister and younger cousin share our food and pick out of each other’s plate). They laughed at the way Hoseok complained about his economics lesson and his dance class. Everyone was happy. While they laughed, Rose had taken her phone out and took a picture a Hoseok kissing Jimin’s chubby cheeks. The amount of love shown between the two at that moment was monumental for their family at that moment. It showed boy Gyuri and Daehyun that even after everything happened the rapper would was still emotionally there for their son.

Gyuri took the phone away from Rose and ordered Yoongi, Jimin, and Rose to stand from youngest to oldest and strike a funny pose. Daehyun pulled out his phone and opened the camera app. He needed a group photo.

“Excuse me,” he stopped a waitress that was walking by. “Can you take a photo of us?” he asked. She smiled and nodded. He handed her the phone and stood between Gyuri and Rose.

After the photo was snapped the young redhead ordered everyone around. “Okay, now the parents in the middle. Eomma will stand next to Jimin and appa next to Hoseok. Then we’ll have another family photo doing a funny pose.” None of them noticed the crowd outside the restaurant was growing bigger and snapping photos of the young dancer and ‘Princess’ of their country.      

“Any dessert?” asked the waiter as he filled Jimin’s peach-berry tea as they sat back down.

“Churro cheesecake,” answered Jimin and his father. They looked at each other and began laughing.

Gyuri couldn’t help but smile. She looked around the table. Yoongi and Rose were arguing about why she couldn’t attend his next show – he, Hoseok, and Namjoon weren’t letting any of the younger ones’ go either. Daehyung, Hoseok, and Jimin were talking over their love for churros – at least they all had once thing in common. But as their desserts arrived, Jimin’s brows frowned in confusion. He placed his hands on his bump.

“Shh,” hushed the blonde. He felt the small flutters again. His eyes went wide in realization and looked up at his boyfriend.

“Jimin-oppa, you’re scarring us,” cried Rose.

“I think the baby just moved,” he whispered, taking Hoseok’s hand and placing it over his bump. He remembered reading about beginning to feel fetal movement anything from 16 to 25 weeks for the first pregnancy, if he remembers correctly.

Everyone stayed quiet.

“Did you feel it?” he asked hopefully.

“No,” answered the rapper as he moved closer. “I can’t feel anything.” He placed his other hand on baby bump.

“There!”

“No.” He looked so discouraged it broke Yoongi’s heart to see his best friend like that.

“Baby,” began Jimin’s mother taking everyone’s attention. “You’re only 18-19 weeks into your pregnancy and it’s your first baby. Hobi won’t be able to feel the movement until you’re about 25 weeks. What you’re are feeling now is call ‘quickening’. It’s light right now but as they grow, it’ll become more intense,” she points an accusing finger at her daughter. “Unless, you’re a ruthless little brat that didn’t get their ice cream and 2 o’clock in the morning.”       

“Eomma!!!” shouted the younger girl in embarrassment. Everyone just laughed at her pout.

**

The following morning

Good Morning, Seoul! I am Hong Seung-hyun. We have breaking news this morning straight out of a TV Drama. It seems like the ‘Prince of South Korean’ has been under our noses this whole time. Yes, your heard me right. Min Jimin is son of our very one princess, Park Gyuri and NISI Director Jung Daehyun. The detail will leave you speechless after this commercial break.”