Kang Gary's Thought

Friend

This is special for kitty_pandora,citrakresna and for any readers who are hoping a sequel for this fic. Excuse me for any errors. Enjoy.

 

 

Song Jihyo…

The day I ask her to comment on how I look in the black shirt, I had start to like her.

When I tell her all my worries about the competition and how frustrated am I to not be able to refuse, I really like her.

I told her about my single mother that had divorce with my father, working hard for me and my brothers, with my problematic elder brother, I know, I had really really like her.

I notice her turned around when she saw me running with the new student, is that jealous? If that so, I’m very happy for that but I still have to explain to her. that new student has my book, a book where I wrote all about her that even my friend never read.

We were watching movie, I told her that I want her to be my main character in life. She laughed so hard not to notice I’m watching her with our hands intertwine. That time, I know, she’s really mean something to me.

Not to forget, when she adjusts my tie and she complains why I am standing with her during the warm up. Maybe she does not remember, but I still remember, she’s come with me walked around the school to find my phone. At that time, I know she’ll be with me, in whatever situation that I have.

I think she doesn’t know how much my heart broke into pieces when I know she’s with someone else. I’m sorry but I’m so happy when she broke up with that bastard. But I become happier when she looks so fine and told me that she had never like that boy.

Everything was doing fine until the annual dinner night. That night, we planned to take couple picture but she run home and I waited for her almost half an hour before she called me. I feel so offended because that night, I purposely wearing the black shirt because she said once, ‘you look so handsome in black.’

We’re not in the same class when the school reopen. We still the same, hanging out together, but I can’t deny that I feel jealous on her classmates because they can spend most of their time study with Jihyo.

And at that point, I had made a decision that led me to regret the decision. I’m going out with a junior student, Kim Nana to make Jihyo jealous.

Nana is a beautiful girl that any boys want to going out with. I did not tell Jihyo about my relationship with Nana. I want her to come to me and ask about it. Rumours spread fast but Jihyo never come to see me. I become more frustrated.

Every second pass that make it become days, weeks and months, but Jihyo did not come to see me. I miss her. since I’m with Nana, I rarely hang out with Jihyo. most of the time, I spend my time with Nana, helping her in her study since she’s junior.

Though I feel bad, but I can’t afford myself to go to the library to study with her when she’s not showing any sign of jealousy. I do come to the library and watch her from far doing the revision, alone but when people greet her, she’s smile and does not seem worried at all.

I miss to hang out with her. I miss when she’s read and make my thigh as pillow. I miss when she hits me with pen when I make careless mistakes in my works. I miss walk her home. I miss everything about her. Everything..

Suddenly Nana comes to me and told me that she’s been bullied by Jihyo’s classmate. At first I want to ignore about it, but I think I should use this as opportunity to talk to Jihyo.

I walk slowly to her class and watch her sitting with her classmates, some of the boys also there. I had set a goal, if and only if Jihyo tell me to stop, then I’ll stop, if she ignores me, we’ll see when I’ll stop.

I make a scene in her class. Luckily the teachers are having meeting so we’re free. When I almost punch the student president, my ears caught a very familiar voice calling my name and it sounds so perfect when she call my name.

When she pulls me out of the class and lead to somewhere, I just followed her. maybe because I become stupid when I’m around her. I miss when she holds me like this.

We take about the scene that I made. My heart feels flutter when she’s look so angry and worried if I’m going to do charity instead going in class. And I feel happier when she asked me why I make scene for Nana. Is that only me, but her tone sound jealous to me.

She’s walked away when I say Nana is my girl. Everything was doing well until she says why she never asked me about Nana. She was expecting me to tell her. I’m sorry Jihyo-ahh..

Even in this situation, she still cares about my feeling. I know she knows something about Nana but she refused to tell me. She’s afraid if I’ll hurt.

I was taken aback when she asked me if I’ll ever hate her if she says that Nana is not good enough for me. hell no! I’ll never hate her, not even in my dream. She’s still the same, the same girl that know me well.

I become helpless when she holds my hand asking me about the bracelet that I wear. She knows I’ll never wear those girl things except for ring. The ring that she gave me as our friendship symbol. I can say that is our couple ring.

But, the ways she reacts make me confuse. Her actions make it hard for me to make decision. I want it so much to run into her arms and leaves Nana, but I’m afraid. What if she’s not accepting my feeling because we’re best friend? That thought scared me.

What if she denies my feeling, saying that I had mistaken the comfortable feeling around her as love? I love her as much as I love our friendship. I hate it if we’re apart because this stupid feeling of mine.

I ask her if we’re friend and she says yes. Honestly I was expecting she says she wants us to be more than friend instead of friend. She’s killing me with her friend zone. I feel so annoyed and frustrated on myself for not be able to tell her how much I love her and want her to be mine that I let the frustration on her when she says I hide something from her.

But she is still my friend that pats my shoulder and asks me to go home and rest. I feels so bad for letting the frustration on her that I hug her tight when she was about to walk away. I miss her. I can say that I’m begging her to hold my on her arms like she always do.

I miss being in her arms. I miss being here when I was down. In whatever situations, she always opens her arms for me. she makes me feel safe. When I was bullied, she patted me, saying all will be alright. When I loss the game, she hugged me close, saying that is game rule. I really miss be in her arms, with her voice, comfort me like this.

After that day, we act as nothing had happened. Though I can’t spend most of my time for her, I still call her every night. Say good morning in the morning and good night before sleep. Not to brag, but sometimes I sing her to sleep.

At the last day during the high school she tells me something that make me feel like killing myself. She confesses to me, saying how much she likes me. though she’s not saying it as love but I’m happy than ever. But I can’t accept her because of Nana.

Nana needs me more at that time. Her parents divorced and as I had been through it, I know how much Nana needs someone beside her like how much I need Jihyo when the same thing happened to my parent. I give her an answer for her confessions. Though the word seems so simple yet it hurt both of us.

‘We’re best friend. Let’s love each other as best friend.’

When Nana has stable, I go and find Jihyo but I found that she had move because of her parent. I try to contact her but I can’t. she’s not using the same number, is she running away from me? I miss her, so much. I know since the day she confessed, we had become so awkward.

This is what I’m afraid of. To be apart and awkward. I ask my other friend if they know Jihyo new place. She’s at Seoul. I guess fate will united us when I was offered to continue my study there.  But during the 3 years, I never meet her.

I decided to stay at Seoul and work here. I still have no sign of Jihyo, my other friend also doesn’t know where she is. Until one of our friends called me and said that she’s getting married. All this while they say they don’t know about her but now?

I can’t believe in his words that I asked the venue of the wedding. At that hotel, I saw her walks with someone, maybe her future husband. I guess they check all the preparations for their wedding. I want to say hello to her, I really want to. There are many questions I want to ask her but…her smile..

She looks so happy with that guy besides her. She looks so comfortable with his hand around her waist. They talk to some people there which I never want to know what their topic is. My eyes fix on Jihyo, she still like the innocent Jihyo I knew, it just, she looks mature now.

My heart scatters into pieces. I walk away from the hotel without knowing where I’m heading to. I bump to people but I don’t care about them. I not even care what they’re cursing. I just don’t care. My phone ring maybe for hundreds times and I still don’t care.

I don’t know how I ended up sitting at Hangang. The breeze can’t comfort me right now. but, when I look around, I feel I need to do something. I run to the nearest coffee shop and buy coffee from there before run back to Hangang.

I take a sip from the coffee and tears falling down my face. I still remember when I asks her..

‘Jihyo-ah, what do you want to do during your date?’ Gary looks at Jihyo who resting her head on his chest.

‘I want to drink coffee at Hangang with his hand around me and I rest my head on his shoulder. Why?’ She asks him as she sits straight.

‘What a boring date you’ll have. I feel pity for whoever he is.’ Gary says and runs when Jihyo tries to throw her shoes to him. Jihyo keeps on saying that her date will be fun and become more annoyed when Gary keeps on .

And now, I know, that date is so sweet, Jihyo-ah. I really want to do this with you, Jihyo-ah. I want to do all the stuff you want to do. Date at Hangang at night with coffee. Do bungee jumping together. Shop together. I really want you to choose the matching tie with my shirt. I want it too much. But…

Congratulation Jihyo-ah.. I hope you’ll be happy with him. My love for you will never fade away though you’ll never be mine. This love is only for you.

I’m Kang Gary, now I’m getting older. That was my love story. Drinking coffee at Hangang has become a new routine for me. I’m still single and I never feel the urge to married. Once she holds my heart, she’ll always be the one. If she can’t be mine, then, I’ll never be others.

So, guys, take this piece of advises from me, if you love her and she confess to you, but you can’t accept it for certain reasons, find a reason to make she stay. Make she be by your side, till the day you and her can say the vow.

And if she never confesses, you must do it first. It will not kill you if she not accept you but, you’ll regret every second, every minute, every hour if you never tell her how much you love her like how much I regret now.

I always hoping she’s happy with him. No matter how much I love her, I still want her to be happy with her choice. Until now my love for her never faded away but has become deeper. My love for her does not end like any fairy tales with a happy ever after ending.

Because we’re best friend.