Random Chances

What If? | MiChaeng Drabbles & One Shots

 

 🌸Chaeyoung didn't expect to meet Mina while she was working🌸


 

I buried my head into my arms, groaning in frustration. Why is Mina so... So beautiful? I can't think of any words to properly describe her, but she's literally the epitome of goddness and perfection. These feelings... I'm having quite a difficult time trying to conceal it. I'm trying my best though. All I can do is look on and admire her from afar, hoping that maybe, just maybe, she'll notice? 

 

  I'm just a lowly convenience store clerk, struggling to make ends meet. It's hard to get through daily life without worrying about money expenses these days. During the day, I'm just an average college student. But instead of going home straight after classes, I have to work deep into the night. 

 

  Honestly, life is getting boring these days. If it wasn't for the art scholarship I was offered by the college I was going to, I would have refused to enroll and would rather work to earn money. 

 

  Isn't it funny? I might end up as a starving artist one day... Haha... 

 

  Oh well, back to the topic at hand, Mina is beautiful and I might or might not have a huge crush on her. Actually, we are in the same class in college. She sat a few rows in front of me, and I always have a hard time concentrating in class because of her. She's just so distracting, you know? 

 

  I sighed again, resting my chin on my palm. My gaze landed on the view outside the glass doors of the store. A few cars pass by here and there... Nothing interesting. The convenience store isn't that busy during this hour. There were a few brightly coloured decorations hanging from the other buildings in front of the convenience store. 

 

  Everything is the same, I guess. 

 

  Ding! 

 

  The bell rung, signalling that a customer had just walked in. My eyes went to the custo—Oh my God, it was Mina! I can't let her see me like this! Oh my go—

 

 "Chaeyoung? Is that you?" Mina's voice interrupted my thoughts. 

 

  I hastily tried to turn my head away from her, hoping that maybe she won't realise it was me. Oh gosh, Chaeyoung you idiot, Mina already called your name, of course she recognised you! 

 

  I shut my eyes tightly, mentally bracing myself first. I have to calm down or else Mina would think that I was a weirdo. 

 

  After calming myself down, ignoring how fast my heart was beating per second, I finally made eye contact with Mina. "Yes. I'm Chaeyoung." I awkwardly waved at Mina, giving her a small smile that I hoped didn't look too forced. 

 

"I didn't expect to see you working here."

 

 I just gave her a bright smile, "I'm just working for extra change." 

 

 A brief moment of silence passes by 

 

  Mina's eyes widened, realising how straightforward she sounded and stammered an apology, "A-ah! Sorry! I should probably buy some stuff first." 

 

  "No no, it's fine! Take your time, Mina." 

 

  Mina nodded and started going to the back of the store, stopping at the snack section and browsing through the aisles. 

 

  After a few moments, Mina appeared in front of my vision again. She walked to the counter and put the snacks on the counter table. 

 

  My hands shook slightly as I reached over and picked them up, scanning them one by one and putting them in a plastic bag. 

 

  I handed Mina the bag and beamed at her. "Thanks for the purchase! Please come back again!"

 

  Mina returned the smile, "Of course. Thank you."

 

  Mina turned to leave, but before I could control myself, I called out to her. "Wait!"

 

  Mina turned back around, obviously looking quite surprised and asked, "What is it, Chaeyoung?"

 

  I put my head down, looking at my shoes, just anywhere that wasn't Mina. "I—I was wondering if you are free to... Have lunch with me tomorrow at school." 

 

  I hurriedly tried to cover up my blushing face with my hands. 

 

  A few seconds pass, I dared to sneak a look at Mina. She caught my gaze and softly whispered, "Sure, why not?" 

 

  I didn't expect that answer at all, I thought she would reject me. I was obviously wrong. To say that I was shocked was an understatement. 

 

  I finally found my voice. "R-really? That would be great!" My heart swelled up in happiness and I grinned at her. I've never felt this sense of happiness in a long time. 

 

  "I'm looking forward to it." I tried to sound cool as I nervously scratched the back of my neck. 

 

  Mina nodded and smiled again. "See you tomorrow Chaeyoung." She waved her hands as she walked out of the store. 

 

  I was still stuck in a daze, did that really just happen? Was I... Was I dreaming? I can't believe Mina actually said yes. Oh my gosh. I squealed and jumped up and down excitedly. 

 

 Tomorrow was going to be an eventful day, indeed. 

 


I kinda wrote this on a whim? I'm still trying to get used to writing. Well, hope you guys liked it :) Feel free to leave comments below!