I Never Loved You

What If? | MiChaeng Drabbles & One Shots

🌸 Angst // Chaeyoung is cheating on Mina 🌸


 

The lingering gazes, the longing looks, the desire to love and the happiness we want to feel. Who doesn't want that? Mina wonders as she sat on her bed. Their bed. She scoffed and contemplated, is this what love feels like? To be happy? Then why does it seem like it's doing the opposite?

 

Mina and Chaeyoung were happy. Were. They fell in love like what a normal couple would, they did the things a normal couple would do and they were very happy with their relationship. But when Chaeyoung came home with an unfamiliar perfume scent on her jacket, lipstick stains on her shirt and messy hair. She knew. She knew what was happening. Mina wanted happiness but Chaeyoung took that away from her.

 

Mina was at a loss, she didn't know what to do. She loved Chaeyoung so much that she deluded herself that Chaeyoung loved her—only her—but how much of this can she take before she breaks? She doesn't know, nobody knows.

 

She heard the door click and it opened.

 

Chaeyoung.

 

She fit the description perfectly—messy hair, lipstick stains and perfume.

 

"Chaeyoung." Mina stood up and walked closer to her. She saw Chaeyoung's eyes widen a bit as she got closer to her and asked,

 

"What Mina?"

 

Mina circled around her and closed the door, She went back to where Chaeyoung was standing and said,

 

"Let's break up."

 

Chaeyoung wasn't surprised, she knew what she was doing and she didn't stop. She was expecting this three words. Chaeyoung knew that this would happen eventually.

 

"Alright then." She answered emotionlessly.

 

"I'll pack my stuff and move back to my parents' house." Mina continued, looking away from Chaeyoung. She knew she would give in if she looked into her eyes one more time—those brown eyes she fell for, those eyes that gave her a sense of warmth and love—it was cold now, she wonders how much Chaeyoung had changed.

 

"Go ahead then." Chaeyoung replied coldly, as she took off her jacket and placed them on a table nearby, before planting herself onto the couch, taking the remote control and turning the television on.

 

Mina sighed and went to pack all her things inside her suitcase, she took her time—she didn't want to leave too soon—after all, they haven't said a proper goodbye yet.

 

Goodbye. A word that she never thought she would say to Chaeyoung. The word that could cause happiness and hope, but could also cause sadness and disappointment.

 

After she finished packing, she slowly walked in front of where Chaeyoung was sitting. "Chaeyoung," Mina called. Chaeyoung turned her head and met her gaze, "What is it?" She replied. "Before I leave, can you at least tell me why you were cheating on me? Weren't we happy with each other? Why would you do this to me? Answer me Chaeyoung." Mina felt tears b into her eyes and hastily wiped them with her sleeve as she broke down into tears.

 

Chaeyoung didn't know what to do, she only watched as Mina was crying heavily with tears rolling down her cheeks. "I...I-I'm sorry Mina, but it's just that it doesn't feel the same anymore. My feelings towards you had changed. I tried, I really tried very hard to love you again but I...I just can't. I don't know what else to say other than...I'm sorry..." Chaeyoung apologised as she reached out and rubbed Mina's back gently.

 

"What did you mean by love me again?"

 

"Mina..."

 

"Tell me...tell me Chaeyoung!" Mina shouted in anguish and hit Chaeyoung with both of her hands on Chaeyoung's shoulder.

 

She heard Chaeyoung sigh.

 

"Mina...I...I never loved you."

 


Welp I'm starting off with angst please don't kill me xD