I'm gone.

I Love that Angel Without Wings

They thought he’d gotten over it already.

 

They thought he was well again.

 

They thought he was happy.

 

But all they saw was a mask hiding behind a wall that had been built brick by brick for years.

 

He hid it well, too well. He had a permanent smile plastered on his face and his bright personality made it difficult for anyone to believe that he was still suffering from the effects of the terrible car accident.

 

He was the kind of person that kept everything to himself because he didn’t want to burden the people around him. Even if it killed him, he would never speak of his problems. After all, they were his own problems, so the rest of the world didn’t need to know about it.

 

No one noticed that he’d started wearing long sleeves to cover the scars on his arms.

No one noticed that he’d been skipping meals.

No one noticed that he’d been having nightmares about the accident every night

No one noticed his soft cries in the dead of night for help that he needed but didn’t want.

 

No one noticed that he was slowly wasting away.

 

Every human has their limits and once too many things have been piled on, at sometime they will break.

 

And one day in front of the moon that refused to shine for him anymore and the dark sky that was once adorned with bright stars, he broke.

 

As he pulled at his dark hair with his blood coated fingers, tear tracks glistened on his face and he didn’t bother to wipe them. He let his sadness roll down his face in thin streaks as he shut his eyes. With trembling hands, he the cold metal tube against his temple. His breathing labored, and he gasped for air as his finger slipped. He heard it ring in his ears as the metal object slid through his fingers and fell to the floor with a loud clatter.