New Person in Life

Delight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The movie time finished without a glitch. Except occasional a bit too feminine for his liking squeals from Youngjae as some ghosts appear on the screen, when that happen Jaebum only chuckle a little and squeeze Youngjae's hand a little just to inform the latter that he's there with him. Although he want more than holding hands, he know better than moving too fast. Which actually already happened. But he don't want to move faster than the already too fast paced relationship between them.

"So, Youngjae?" Jaebum calls as he faced the younger. Still walking hand in hand after they exited the theatre. The younger responds with a hum, knowing the older would hear him eventhough the shopping mall is crowded. "Can I take you home?"

Youngjae faced the older with a surprised face, thinking that they just knew each other. After split seconds, he's surprised at the surprised himself. Why is he even surprised with that question when they practically already have a date on the first day of meeting? And this is not like those intentional blind dates. But he still thinks it's not needed. "I don't think that's necessary, I can go home myself." He answers with a smile, not wanting to be rude.

"Isn't it better to have company?" Jaebum answers still looking at the younger.

"Jaebum-ssi, can you be patient and take things slower?" Youngjae's answer is serious, with determined eyes but deep inside is nervous, afraid that he will get the older disappointed and embarassed.

But Jaebum just smiles an okay and tightens the grip on Youngjae's hand while walking and thinking. "But can you at least inform me when you arrived?" He looks at Youngjae and sees Youngjae's naturally glistening eyes "just want to know the angel I just knew is safe."

Youngjae blushed at the cheesy pick up line, "that's fine, but I don-"

"You don't have my number, which is why now I'm suggesting that we exchange numbers." Jaebum shows his best cheesy smile and hands Youngjae his phone for the younger to type in his number. Which Youngjae takes and types his number nervously. Don't even know why he's nervous. After saving his number under the name Choi Youngjae, he gives the phone back to Jaebum.

"Hey, you're so boring, why save you number so formally." Jaebum lets go of Youngjae's hand to type something on his phone. In the mean time he changes Youngjae's name to 'Youngjae <3'. He then continued by typing a text message to Youngjae.

Youngjae feels his phone vibrates in his pocket, knowing it's from the person beside him, he ignores it and continue walking. His hand unconsiously search for Jaebum's which made the latter surprised with the sudden affection, but without complaining, he smiles and tightens their hands.

It took Youngjae a while to finally got home, Jaebum still insisted to take Youngjae home earlier but he managed to get out of it eventually, and the bus he took got caught in traffic. When he arrived he slumped his tired body on the couch only to grimace at the pain he got from sitting on the television remote, which made the television . He got up to take the remote away but not bothering to turn off the tv eventhough he's not going to watch it. The tv is showing some kind of drama, but he just sit there thinking about what had just happened to him today. He get out from home to get fresh air, not expecting to meet someone, especially not expecting a date.

He unconsiously smiles at that thought.

Then he heard his phone rings, and bail it out from his jeans pocket. Only to realise that he put it on vibrate and the sound is from the drama he's not watching. Then he remembers he still need to inform his new friend that he got home safely. And so he unlocks his phone, and read the message from an unknown number.

From: unknown number

Hey angel, it's me Jaebum. ;)

Youngjae cringes at the nickname, but strangely he doesn't mind.

And so he replies to the message, countless deleting and rewriting the messages, contemplating how should he write the message, afraid to seem so cold, afraid to seem so flirty too.

To: unknown number

Hey :) i got home safely.

He thought that's the most appropriate reply and a content smile made it's way to his face as he put his phone on the coffee table and stands to take a refreshing shower.

He stands under the running shower recalling about the unexpected date earlier. Remembers how Jaebum made his cheeks burn the whole day, remembers how the other calls him angel. Nobody has ever said something like that to him. Remembers how smoothly Jaebum asked for his number. Then he also remembers that he hasn't saved the older's number yet. So the pondering about what he should save the older's number as begin. 

Youngjae shakes his head hard, trying to get his mind straight, that he shouldn't think too much about saving a contact. So he finishes his shower fast to cook himself a simple dinner. He always has a thing for cooking, just doesn't have enough time to do it properly. University things and stuff, doesn't have big enough kitchen to cook something more special.

And thus, he cooks himself a fried rice from some leftover ingredients in the fridge. He's also someone who doesn't like to waste things, especially food. After finished cooking, he take the pan to the table, set it on some cloth to avoid getting the table dirty from the pan bottom. He eat from the pan, not bothering to move it to a plate, too much hassle he thinks. As he took his first spoon he hiss at the heat and stand to get some water. As he does so he take a notice that his phone shines bright indicating there's some notifications. So he walks there and bring it to the dining table, a smile crept up to his face as he find it's Jaebum's reply.

From: unknown number

Hey ;) me too, what are you up to?

The first thing he does is to save the contact as he totally forgot it while cooking. Then he replies it with a smile. He himself is surprised that the reply comes out naturally, without much contemplations from before.

To: Jaebum hyung

Not much, just eating dinner now. Have you?

Youngjae continue to eat his dinner that has cooled down a bit, as he wait in expect for a reply. It doesn't take much for his phone to blink, notifying a reply. Youngjae unconsiously open the newly arrived message straight away. Never in his life he open a message so fast.

From: Jaebum hyung

Ate some ramen. You cook?

He frowns at the reply, not liking the fact that the older ate some ramen for dinner. Not healthy, he thought. Then he frowns at himself, why do you care?

To: Jaebum hyung

Yeah, how do you know?

He sets his phone aside to continue his eating but a reply come right away, not wasting a second he peeks at the screen.

From: Jaebum hyung

Lucky guess ;)

So Youngjae just send a few laughing emoticon to reply the older, in which he get some laughing emoticon too as a reply. He ignores is so he can finish his dinner.

As he finishes it and about to stand up to wash the dish, a message arrived and without wasting a second he opens it

From: Jaebum hyung

Mind if i cook f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter