All Too Sudden

Delight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And if you haven't noticed yet, I'm interested in you."

Youngjae halted his step, not knowing what to do with the sudden confession, this is his first time meeting the person, and the guy's being extremely blunt with his words and actions.

"Youngjae?"

"Y-yes?"

"You're spacing out again."

"Uh, it's just a-aren't you taking things too fast?"

"Ah, forget it, I was just being honest, not asking you to be my boyfriend." He smiles and bring his hand to Youngjae's waist, trying to be smooth. "Yet" and he continues.

"A-ah, not so smooth, Mr. Too Confident." Youngjae said, trying to sound like he's not bothered by Jaebum's action—when actually he can feel butterflies in his stomach—while peeling the other's hand from his waist, and continue their walking.

"Ooh, i think you're the smooth one here."

"What?" Youngjae looks at him, confused.

The latter only smirks and looks at their intertwined hands, which quickly separated by the shy man beside him.

Youngjae can feel his cheeks burning from being embarassed. He realised that he didn't let go of his hand when peeling it from his waist earlier. Can't blame him though, that hand is comfortable to hold.

"It's okay, you can hold my hand." Jaebum said while taking Youngjae's hand again, intertwining them. And Youngjae blushed for the nth time that day.

"B-by the way, should I call you 'hyung'?"

"Hmm?"

"You said earlier about being handsome for 22 years, I assume you're at least 22 years old."

"I am 22, handsome since born, no spare years for being ugly."

"Okay, you're being too confident, hyung."

"How old are you, actually?"

"I just turned 20 a two months ago."

"Ah, you're cuter the more i know you." Youngjae blushed -again- at that.

"A-and why is that?"

"Just.. simply because you're younger than me."

There was about a minute of silence between them, Youngjae can't help but to feel the shopping mall is getting hotter—altough it's raining outside. Jaebum noticed the blush on Youngjae's face but doesn't say anything, he just smiles in victory and not to forget tightens their intertwinned hands while walking to the cinema.

A few minutes of walking and they arrived at the cinema, looking at the "now showing" movie posters. Youngjae actually doesn't follow movie updates so he doesn't know what to watch so he let Jaebum pick it.

"Do you like thrillers?" Jaebum asks after observing the posters.

"I'm actually scared but sometimes I watch them," Youngjae answers casually. It's true though, he is scared of these things but sometimes his friend invite him to horror or thriller movie night, and he finds the storyline interesting but occasionally cover his eyes when the ghosts or disgusting scenes appear.

Jaebum smiles and tugs Youngjae's hand while walking to the ticketing queue, "okay, it's horror then." Youngjae nods and mutters a low "fine" while trying to catch up with Jaebum's steps.

"God knows maybe I could get a free hug." Jaebum said without facing Youngjae, but he can see in the corner of his eyes that some red tints make their way up to Youngjae's cheeks.

They got their tickets for the movie, which is Don't Breathe, a thriller movie released about two weeks ago and got a great response. Jaebum insists on paying for them altough this is only their first day knowing each other—to be honest watching movies together in first day of meeting is a bit too fast, but somehow they don't mind. He said something about he's the one who suggests it.

Since there's still time before the movie starts, they decide to buy some snacks. This time Youngjae insists on paying, returning the favor. Once they arrived at the cashier, Youngjae ordered 2 small popcorn and 2 regular sized cokes. He's about to release his hand from Jaebum's grip—to take his wallet, obviously—when the cashier make an offer, "Do you want a large popcorn and large coke instead? We have a special deal for couples today."

"Uh, we're no-" Youngjae's about to answer when he hears someone cut in. "Okay, we'll take that." Youngjae looks at Jaebum, questioning.

"We can't possibly finish two large popcorn and coke."

"Who said we'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter