Chapter 2

Leave Only Footsteps

As it turns out, Chanwoo had almost every class with at least one of the boys. The exception was his fifth hour, freshman comp. 

Even lunch hasn't brought much relief from the group of boys. Apparently at this school all freshman were paired with seniors to serve as a type of mentor or tutor. So at lunch a teacher had pulled him aside to introduce him to his senior, who'd turned out to be the short boy from his first hour. Jinhwan. 

The older boy had smiled gently at him, all the sarcasm from earlier hidden away. "Normally, I eat lunch with Donghyuk and everyone. But would you feel better if it was just us today?"

Chanwoo had nodded greatfully, and the two had found a quiet classroom where they could talk about the coursework the younger had been assigned. Soon enough though, the other boys had found and distracted them. 

Jinhwan had sighed. "Sorry. I'd say we could try again after school but I have work. What time do you think you'll be here in the morning?"

"Early-ish." Chanwoo said quietly, not completely sure himself. 

The eldest boy in the group smiled and nodded. "Then can we try again before first hour?"

Chanwoo nodded quietly and watched as the squinty-eyed boy with two names was chased by the boy in his third hour, Yunhyeong, for stealing the latter's lip balm. 

That had been over two classes ago. Now his fifth and last hour was ending. Chanwoo was grateful that there were only five class periods a day, even if they were 70 minutes each. It was strange that everyone referred to them as "hours" instead of "class periods" though. 

This school was all kinds of strange though, he thought as he wandered around after school had ended and the hallways had cleared. 

Chanwoo wouldn't be getting picked up for a while yet, and none of the rowdy boys was in sight, so he'd started exploring instead. Eventually he made his way to the back lawn, which seemed mostly untouched by other students. Autumn leaves were strewn about, and winter hinted in the air. 

A light crunch had him looking around cautiously. 

When he found the source, he decided that perhaps this school wouldn't be so bad. 

~

"So how was your first day?"

Chanwoo sighed as he slid into the car. "Fine I guess."

"Any friends yet?"

"Dunno."

"That's not a no."

"Are you dropping me off or can you--"

His mother sighed from the driver's seat. "Well. You know. First day. I've got to go back for a while."

Chanwoo nodded and watched the houses flash by as they drove down the streets, trying to remember their route incase he ever needed it. 

This was routine. Something he was used to. For every place they'd ever lived he'd done this. 

Finally they reached the house (Chanwoo had yet to think of it as home), and he jumped out of the car so he could slip through the front door, and watch his mother drive away through their windows. 

A cold nose pressed to his fingertips, and Chanwoo smiled at Jiyong. "Smell something interesting?"

The cat blinked up at him and sneezed. 

 "C'mon. I'll feed you guys after I finish my homework."


Sorry. This chapter isn't long or interesting or on time. But it is important. I've started dropping hints on the main three story archs. 

I feel like I should warn you, although I chose to start with Chanwoo's pov, this is not the only pov, nor is it the main arch, all three story archs will tangle into each other, so it's important that you not skip chapters just to read about your fave character. 

That being said, I do apologize for the late update. I've had to work extra hours because I'm off of school, but I've tomorrow off so I'll post something then, and after that school starts again, and I'll make some sort of updating schedule. 

Thanks for reading!

Love,

Ink