Chappie 4

One in a million

The young teenager wasn't the type to check her phone the moment she wakes up. Even if she's dating. She would do her morning routine first before eve reading the good morning message from her beloved.

This time though, as soon as Somi opened her eyes, she reached out for her phone, searching for it with her hand and opening her last conversation with Wooshin.

Oh, she was probably expecting a good morning from him. Sorry Somi, Wooshin didn't have time to send a message to you despite him wanting to so badly.

She then read Kogyeol's text and smiled before sitting up to stretch and get ready for the day ahead. 

Somi was wearing a mustard yellow sweater and a red/maroon skirt, an umbrella in hand as she waited for Kogyeol at home. 

"Unnie, aren't you underdressed? What if Kogyeol oppa brings you to some place nice?" Evelyn asked as she stood next to Somi, who was waiting by the door, excited to see her boyfriend. 

Before Somi could answer, the doorbell rang which Somi opened right away. Stood by the door way was Kogyeol, wearing a red sweater that kind of matched Somi's and a hockey stick in hand.

The handsome man took Somi's hand with his free hand as he smiled at Evelyn and intertwined their fingers. "Can I kidnap your sister for the day?" He asked the young girl playfully, who in return laughed and nodded approvingly. If I was Evelyn, I doubt I'll approve.

"Of course oppa, just bring her back in one piece." She said before waving and smiling at the couple. 

Somi blushed as they walked towards the park, one moment Kogyeol's gaze was far ahead, then the next, it's on the teenage girl. She can't help but forget about Wooshin who suddenly barged into her life without a warning. Which is my fault? Well not really 100% my fault. You can say its 75% my fault.

"Why are you always looking at me? Do I look weird? Am I under dressed? Over dressed?" Kogyeol chuckled with each question Somi asked. 

She then gasped as they stopped suddenly. "Is my sweater on backwards?" Somi looked down to check if her sweater was fine. This is probably why Somi fell in love with him.

Kogyeol put his hockey stick under his arm and held her cheek with his free hand and cupped it, pulling her gaze away from her clothes and moving it to him. "You know, even if you wear a bunch of rags or a sack, I'll still think you're the most beautiful girl in the whole universe. Even if your hair is messy, or you have drool on the side of your mouth, you'll still look like a Goddess to me. Even if your boogers are seen or your eyes are red, I'll still love you. Even if-"

"I'm wondering if you're complimenting me or teasing me." Somi said as she chuckled softly at his attempts at making her feel like she's the only person for him.

"Both! Well its mostly on complimenting you." The young man said, grinning cheekily before giving Somi a soft peck on her nose. "I love you baby." He said before letting go of her cheek, holding his hockey stick properly and pulling her towards the park once again gently.

"So what are you planning for today?" Somi asked as the neared the park. "Secret, you have to wait until we get there~" Kogyeol sang playfully, teasing his girlfriend as they continue to walk. He was a hard nut to crack, he just wouldn't give in. 

Among all of Kogyeol's friends, Wooshin was the only person available that day that would be able to help the said man in order to prepare a small picnic for Somi. 

Kogyeol was able to cook everything and set up most of the picnic things, Wooshin just needed to guard the place in case of a strong wind, or an animal passing by and getting the food.

Wooshin didn't hesitate to grab the opportunity to be able to see Somi, according to the book of love. Also, it said that Wooshin felt bad for feeling something indescribable towards the young teenager but it can't be helped. It's as if they had their own magnets pulling them together every chance given to them.

He was sitting down on the spread out blanket, food surrounding him as he sighed. "Why did I even do this? This is plain stupid." He muttered to himself. He wanted to be a good friend by helping but he can't stop his inner feelings for the young teenager such as Somi. 

Yes, a lot of girls seemed very interested towards Wooshin in a romantic and admiring way. But, he can't help but look for someone that satisfies him and his soul. It just so happens, his soulmate was taken in this life.

"Life is so confusing." Tell me about it. Life is annoying and hard and unfair. So is love. Even the book of love agrees with the torturous feeling one possess when in love or when a person feels a special connection with another person.

Kogyeol covered Somi's eyes as they walked to where the picnic things were readied. That was the cue for Wooshin to leave. He observed Somi for a few seconds before leaving them in peace.

He was able to see their matching clothes, which was out of pure coincidence, or fate, probably. Her wavy hair that flowed in the wind whenever she walked. Her hands that seemed soft, but was only reserved for Kogyeol. Her smile, her beautiful smile that can make any man smile back. Or was it just him and Kogyeol?

They were both lovesick fools anyway. 

He watched as Kogyeol removed his hands and grinned, showing Somi the picnic readied by both him and Kogyeol. 

She gasped and gave the red haired man a hug and a small peck on the lips, which for another unknown reason, on Wooshin's part, hurt him deeply. 

The two sat down and opened up the containers filled with food as they laughed together.

Wooshin couldn't stand it so he turned around and thought of other things that can help him pass time. He kicked some of the fallen leaves as he walked around the area. Every step he took made him feel uncomfortable. What was this feeling?

 

I'm so sorry for updating reaaaaaally late. Mental block and school were being a bunch of wipes. Consider this as my graduation celebration despite graduating last march 31 lol, also everything haven't been proofread