Chappie 2

One in a million

"Somi? Somi? Somi!" The said girl was snapped out of her thoughts. According to the book of love, I know that it's wrong to read the thoughts of the people angels take care of but I'm still gonna do it, she's actually thinking about Wooshin. Well he's really handsome so his image would stick to her thoughts. Somi's beautiful too, so he's probably thinking of her too. Just as I thought, he's thinking of her too, it says so in the book. I'm such a bad angel, tsk tsk.

"Aigoo, what are you thinking about honey?" Mrs. Jeon asked as she wiped her hands on her apron, looking at her daughter with a soft gaze.

Somi looked at her mom and smiled, shaking her head slightly. "Its just about stuff. Its not really important mom." She said softly.

"If it's not that important, why would you space out because of it?"

"Umma, you always give meaning to everything I say or do or even think about, aigoo~" Mrs. Jeon chuckled and walked to where her daughter was, patting Somi's head like a little child.

"Well, its true. Why think about it so much if its not important? Remember, whatever it is on your mind will either be important to the past, future or present. If not, then all of it." She said and kissed Somi's head. Mrs. Jeon is such a nice mom, this lifetime of Somi is very lucky. In her past lives, not all her mothers were understanding, even if they were nice, they wouldn't live that long, which is sad.

"Thanks mom, you're the best." Somi said and hugged her mom before hopping down the stool she was sitting on and ran to her shared room with Evelyn.

Somi lay down on her bed and scrolled through her social media. Its the weekend yet she didn't have any plans. Her friends were inviting her for bowling while Kogyeol asked if she wanted to go out with him and see a movie but she declined to both politely, stating that she didn't feel well. Kogyeol even told Somi that he'll visit her but she knew that his friends would probably want to hang out especially since they just won and wouldn't have another game in a while. It was time to rest for them.

She did feel a bit sick. She's been thinking about Wooshin and, maybe a bit of Kogyeol thrown in her thoughts.

Kogyeol was drizzled into her thoughts because she's been thinking more of Wooshin. To explain it further, she's feeling guilty because she already has Kogyeol as a wonderful boyfriend. Which is true, he's wonderful and nice and playful. But then, soulmates did have a connection that no one can compare. The book  love actually wants Wooshin and Somi to finally be together. But in order for that to happen, someone has to get hurt. Kogyeol would get hurt. Somi will feel bad and get hurt. Wooshin will also feel bad and get hurt. Romantic relationships aren't the only things at stake when it comes to love. Wooshin and Kogyeol might not be able to see each other as brothers anymore.

That's the downside of being a angel of love. I can't prevent anything that would hurt other people. I don't handle Kogyeol but I'll feel bad for him. Angels have feelings too, and we feel twice the pain and love a normal human feels. This isn't about me though. Its about Somi, Wooshin and Kogyeol. Even Somi's thoughts are getting to my head.

Somi was reminiscing by looking at her past photos. Her pictures with her Kogyeol, which made her smile softly. Thinking about the days they would play in the playground, playing hockey, cooking together, eating. Then it moved to her pictures with her friends. Even her old friends were there, Dahyun, Jihyo, Nayeon, Chaeyoung, Mina, Sana, Tzuyu, Jungyeon, and Momo. They all moved to different places because of their dreams  their parents' jobs. But, they still contact each other.

She smiled and laughed at some of her pictures wherein she posed in a silly way. Watching her old videos wherein she was a kid, like running around Lotte World, playing on the swings in the neighborhood playground, those kind of things.

On the other side of the city, Wooshin was in the same situation. He was in a dilemma. Kogyeol has been one of his best friends, no, scratch that. They're like brothers. Brothers aren't supposed to think of their brother's girlfriend, that's just plain wrong.

Wooshin was on his bed, actually looking for a girl in social media named Jeon Somi. He found at least 30 people from Seoul with that same name. Half of them were private so he couldn't really see.

Finally, one of those Jeon Somi's had a mutual friend, Kogyeol. He clicked on the profile of that Jeon Somi and saw her picture as a child.

He's still debating whether to add her as a friend or not. That's what the book of love said. And I can see it clearly that he actually is.

"She wouldn't mind right? Nor will Kogyeol probably. I'm just trying to be friendly, no harm in that, hopefully." Wooshin sighed and pressed the add friend button.

While waiting for her to accept it, if she actually will, he decided to change his profile picture into one of his childhood photos. In less than five minutes, he got a notification, saying Somi accepted it.

His eyes widened as he read the notification again and again. He can't believe it. Somi actually accepted his friend request. Wooshin actually looked like one of those fanboys at that moment, adorable.

He noticed something about Somi's profile picture, since it was a picture of her when she was young. There was a boy who's back was facing the camera. He was posing as well, but it was for a different camera.

Somi recently changed her profile picture, wherein she was in a playground. Satisfied with her picture, she scrolled through her social media again. She then received a notification, obviously from Wooshin. It would be a lie if she said that she didn't want to accept it. It wasn't his fault anyway.

After accepting his friend request, she decided to check his profile. His profile picture to be specific. It looked so familiar.

He was a young boy, posing and grinning. Not to mention, he was still as stunning as ever, she had to admit that he really was. But there was a girl at the back who's back was facing the camera, she was posing as well at the camera on her side. The little girl looked awfully familiar.

A thought came to both their heads. Was it actually possible that those kids in either end of their pictures were each other?

What a huge coincidence! Even as an angel, I didn't notice this detail. It was the same picture but in different angles.