Love Under the Sea

Lungs Filled With Water

Taekwoon's smile faded seeing a man that he didn't know the name of hug Hongbin by the waist.

His lips trembled, his hands were shaking, and his heart was breaking. Maybe he shouldn't have dreamed of a future with Hongbin in the first place.

The harsh wind blew past him, causing his hair to fall out of place. He looked like a wreck. When he spent so much time trying to make himself look nice.

He shivered when the wind blew even harder. It's like the weather was changing to his emotions. His heart poured out all his love and now was filled with only dull wind.

"Prince Taekwoon?" Someone tapped Taekwoon on his shoulder from behind.

Taekwoon turned around a little shook to see a butler standing in front of the mirror rose bushes which had the gold moon reflecting upon them.

"Y-yes?"

"Would you like me to take that and show you around?" The butler wore a long black tuxedo with a white bow matching along with his white pockets.

The prince looked down at his pale hands to see a small box in his left hand. He turned his head back around to Hongbin and the man who were now smiling while talking to one other. He wanted to give this present to Hongbin himself. Taekwoon had already sent the other gifts with his workers to put on the gift table. But he wanted to give the small box covered in blue wrapping paper and a bow made of red lace, himself.

Although, there was no use for Taekwoon to even talk to his lover now. Hongbin probably didn't remember him.

The butler looked across Taekwoon's shoulder to see who or what the prince had been looking at. "Ah, Prince Hongbin. Isn't he such a beauty? King Eric and Queen Ariel are very lucky to have such a beautiful son. Don't you agree prince?" The butler's eyes traveled to the side of Taekwoon's face. He could see the broken look on the prince's face. No matter how hard he tried to hide it.

Taekwoon gulped back his tears and nodded. "You're right. Hongbin is quite beautiful. I'm sure whichever man receives such a beauty will take good care of him." The prince turned back around to face the butler and handed him the blue box, "Please take this to the deep blue sea and discard it in there." He shut his eyelids, swallowing back the tears.

The butler looked confused. Why did the prince want him to get rid of his gift for Hongbin? "Prince Taekwoon why would you want me t-."

"Please don't ask any question and do what I have asked." The prince cut the butler off and walked towards the castle doors.

When Taekwoon's shadow was unable to be seen anymore the butler looked down at the blue box. He wanted to give it to the prince and tell him it was from Prince Taekwoon. But that would be cheating Prince Taekwoon. And he was told to follow his orders, so he would do so.

Taekwoon found himself in the castle's garden again, staring down at the mirror roses. His thoughts started going back to when King Eric gave his speech to Hongbin, who had just turned eighteen.

He looked down at one of the roses and picked it off its bush. It reflected him, wait no, it reflected a broken heart.

Taekwoon felt a sharp pain in his back, and turned around to see him.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." The shorter apologized as he fell on the dirt under them.

Taekwoon quickly bent down in front of the other. Placing his hand on the others head. Making sure he was okay. Before Taekwoon could say a word, he noticed who it was. "H-hongbin, are you okay?"

Hongbin's eyes lit up, for no reason. He didn't know what was so excited about the man in front of him. He didn't even know this guy. "U-um yeah." He questioned keeping his gaze lowered.

"Happy birthday," Taekwoon whispered. He lifted the mirror rose in front of Hongbin's eyes. When Hongbin's eyes caught the light he looked up. His bright blue eyes met the mirror that reflected the man in front of him. Some type of electric feeling passed through Hongbin. It was a feeling he'd never felt before. Not even with the man he was with earlier.

Taekwoon's eyes met Hongbin's eyes in the rose. It shocked him. He was supposed to see himself, but why was he seeing Hongbin?

The older noticed how Hongbin was waiting for him to stand up straight so he could too. So Taekwoon got up, followed by Hongbin.

The second he looked back at Hongbin, he finally noticed what Hongbin was wearing today. A white dress shirt, with black jeans under that, which had grey chains hanging down them. And his jet black hair was pulled back behind his ears, his hair color was exactly like his fathers. As the gold moon reflected in his turquoise eyes making their color change completely.

"Thank you." Hongbin smiled and took the mirror rose out of Taekwoon's hands. And that's when the taller noticed he was still holding the rose out in front of Hongbin. "Ah, prince-?"

Taekwoon slightly smiled. "Prince Taekwoon. But you can just call me Taekwoon."

Hongbin nodded and grabbed onto Taekwoon's pale hands a small smile forming on his lips, still holding the rose in his left hand. "Since you gave me this," Hongbin looked down at the mirror rose. "I'd like to show you something." He tried pulling Taekwoon towards somewhere unknown.

But Taekwoon just stood there, not sure if he should listen to the younger. Hongbin turned around to look at Taekwoon slightly upset when the older didn't move.

"Come on," Hongbin forcefully pulled on his arms again.

Taekwoon looked at Hongbin a little cautious. "Hongbin you don't have to, it's just a rose. And anyways, I think you're mother might be calling you," He tried arguing back, but Hongbin wasn't buying it.

Hongbin's eyes saddened. Making Taekwoon realize how much his eyes resembled the queens, a bright yet dusty blue. "But I want to," he insisted. "Please?" Hongbin whispered.

Taekwoon gave in right then and followed the younger. As they walked towards where Hongbin wanted to take Taekwoon, the older kept his eyes focused on the back of Hongbin's head. But looked straight down at the ground when he felt something tickling his feet. His eyes traveled along the ground noticing that the tickling was the golden sand and Hongbin had brought him to the beach, where some guests were talking to one other.

He took Taekwoon farther into the beach, and then Taekwoon realized that there was no one around them anymore. It was only Hongbin and him walking down the bridge over the water. As they got to the ledge of the bridge where the water was under. Hongbin motioned Taekwoon to sit down.

Taekwoon sat down right beside Hongbin crossed legged just like him and stared at the younger, waiting for him to speak. While Hongbin admired the stars in the night sky.

Taekwoon thought that Hongbin wanted him to look up at the stars too. So he did as Hongbin wished. But the older didn't see what was so admirable about the stars. But every one was different if Hongbin admired the stars when Taekwoon admired the sea and it's soft misty breeze. The way the air would hit past his check and fly to the other side. The humid feeling that spread through Taekwoon was overwhelming. It made his want to close his eyes and drop himself into the sea. But he couldn't do that in front of Hongbin. The younger would discover his secret.

His attention was diverted from the sea when he heard slight rustling. He looked beside him to see Hongbin discarding his shoes and socks. The younger smiled at Taekwoon, which Taekwoon was thinking meant that he was supposed to take off his shoes and socks too. So he did. But stopped doing so when Hongbin dipped his feet into the sea's chilly water.

"You probably heard about how I found out that I'm a merman and how my mother's family side are sea creature's when I was younger, right?" Hongbin looked at Taekwoon when the older was done talking off his shoes and socks, but sat cross-legged again.

"Yeah, I heard about it." Taekwoon lied. He didn't hear about it, he experienced it. He was there with Hongbin. The first person Hongbin met in his merman form was Taekwoon.

Hongbin's smile grew. "Well, I kinda wanted to show someone. But you know, if you're not interested it's oka-!"

Taekwoon shook his head. "No, I'd love to see how you look as a merman." He sincerely smiled at Hongbin and waited for the younger to engulf himself into the sea's water.

As he did a yellow light shined off of Hongbin. Causing his legs to turn into a merman's golden tale. And his white dress-shirt vanished as he became bare-chested.

When Hongbin's body finally was covered with the water and Taekwoon couldn't see him anymore two hands reached out to Taekwoon's legs. And Hongbin's head popped out of the water. Taekwoon instantly noticed how his eyes had become golden and his hair became a orange-red shade. "Can you swim?"

Taekwoon nodded but moved Hongbin's hands away. "Yeah I can. But Hongbin I don't thin-!"

"Then come join me." Hongbin looked straight into the older's eyes. The golden moon was glowing past him as he was cautiously looking down at Hongbin.

"Hongbin I don't think I should-"

Before Taekwoon could explain to the younger he had already pulled at his legs making him lose his balance. Taekwoon swallowed in a big breath of air before his nose met the water.

And Taekwoon hated himself for giving in to Hongbin's words in the first place. He despised the look on Hongbin's face when he discovered Taekwoon's true form. Taekwoon had a tale too, just like Hongbin.

Taekwoon was too a part of the sea creature's family, just like Hongbin.

"L-Leo?"

Taekwoon nodded, but still didn't let go of the air in his lungs. Taekwoon had too lied to Hongbin just like others had for years. When he first met Hongbin as a merman he told him his name was Leo, to keep Hongbin from knowing his true identity. He helped Hongbin find his family. He too helped Hongbin turn back into a human, with the help of the famous sea monster Ursula.

And like every time, Ursula had a price, even for the prince of the sea. And that was that Hongbin would forget Taekwoon if he ever saw him on earth. Unless Taekwoon was in his merman form.

And now Hongbin knew who Taekwoon was. He remembered him. Taekwoon broke his promise with Ursula and he's sure he'll have to pay the price.

But for now, when Hongbin wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's neck pulled him closer for a hug, he didn't want to think about anyone else.

He let go of the air filled in his lungs, filling them with water. He didn't care about the world above him anymore, his only world was under the sea. This sea that he owned.

All Taekwoon needed now was Hongbin's cold breath filled with water against his jaw. The feeling was better than air against him. Water kept him and Hongbin alive, and they wouldn't have been able to except that without each other.

When Taekwoon hugged Hongbin back and opened his eyes, his eye caught a shining blue light hitting off a rock.

The older pushed Hongbin back a little, surprising the younger. And swam down to where the light was coming from. He moved the rock to the side and smiled at what was under it. He picked it up and swam back up to Hongbin.

Taekwoon grabbed Hongbin's left hand and slipped something onto his ring finger. "Happy birthday Hongbin. I meant to give this to you, but I never thought I'd get a chance."

Hongbin's eyes lit up at the golden ring with blue lining around his ring finger. He instantly moved right up against Taekwoon and hugged him once again. "I love it," he smiled, "and most of all, I love you Taekwoon."

Taekwoon pulled away from Hongbin, looking into his glittering golden eyes and smiled. "I love you too Hongbin."

The prince of the sea's heart was now filled with three things that he couldn't live without; air, water, and Hongbin's breath.


A/N

Honestly the randomest thing I've written. Although I like it ya know. I'm proud.