Don't Leave

Come Back

After Jimin said those words, everything was silent. Neither of the two were able to talk. All Nari could do was stare at her friend. So many thoughts were running through her head. She knew it was his dream to go to Seoul to start his singing and dancing career, but why now? Why not stay? She wanted to tell him about her home, in hopes he’ll stay, but she knew it would do no good.
Jimin held Nari’s hands. “I’m sorry, but I just got offered an amazing opportunity. Please don’t tell me you’re upset… You know I would never want you to feel that way.”
Nari gripped her friend’s hands. “It’s okay,” she answered, “I know how much this means to you.” she hugged him again, holding tighter onto him. Jimin hugged back, not wanting to let her go. He kissed her on the head. Nari’s cheeks immediately heated up, and she buried her head into the crook of his neck. She could feel the tears in her eyes, but she clenched them closed, and hoped Jimin wouldn’t notice.
He tried pulling away, but Nari kept holding him. “Nari….” he sighed. She only held on tighter.
“Please don’t go.” She begged. She starting crying, and rasped out a somewhat desperate, “Please…”


-^-*-^-*-^-*-^-*-^-


Five minutes until the the dismissal bell rang. Seconds were like hours to Nari, as she watched the watch of the kid sitting next to her. Her eyes darted to Jimin, who was across the room. He was tightly gripping his pen while he was writing in his notebook. He muttered something to himself, but Nari couldn't read his lips. 'Maybe it was a song lyric?'
His eyes moved from the paper to Nari. They made eye contact for 3 seconds before Nari looked away. She hoped he didn't see her eyes tearing up. It gave her heartache to know one of, no, her closest friend was leaving. She muttered her thoughts  "Who would I hangout with? Who would I sneak out with when Mom starts getting angry? Who am I going to let out my feelings to? What if he forge-"
The bell interrupted her. The rest of the class started to pack up their bags and leave the classroom. "Don't forget,  your project is due in two weeks!" yelled Mr. Min to his class. Nari mentally wrote down that due date as she put her papers away. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist, and a head rest on her shoulder.
"Hey, shorty" teased Nari.
Jimin immediately got defensive. "Um, excuse me, aren't you shorter than I am?"
"Still, you're shorter than all your hyungs"
"No PDA, lovebirds~!"
Both of the friends turned to the source of the sound. It was Jungkook, a good friend of Jimin, of course it was him. "Jesus, you guys are all over each other~"
Jimin quickly pulled away with a blushing face. "Shut up, Kookie! Shouldn't you be with your 'boyfriend'?" he retorted, making a reference to Taehyung. Nari couldn't help but giggle. Taehyung and Jungkook were always flirting, after all.
"Oh shut up, shorty!"
"Oh my.... I'M NOT THAT SHORT"
"Yes you are" said Jungkook and Nari, simultaneously. Jimin only bowed his head and gave a sigh of defeat. They all left the classroom, leaving Mr. Min slightly confused at his desk. The slightly younger friend left the others to go find Taehyung.
"So, you free to go to the park?"
"Yeah, we can go right now  to the park..."
"Don't you dare.."
"....Jimin" ended Nari, smiling at her stupid joke.
Jimin sighed again and pet her hair "This is why I question our friendship."


-^-*-^-*-^-*-^-*-^-


The two walked together to the children's park. On the way, they had talked more about ''the move". They sat on the jungle gym

"So when do you leave?"
"Two months."
"Two months...that's so soon"
There was another moment of silence. Jimin stared at Nari. Her face showed how upset she was. He grabbed her hand. She looked at their hands, and looked up at Jimin, tightly holding onto his hand.

"Nari...have you ever had the urge to do something crazy, but  always chicken out of doing it?"Nari leaned a bit closer, leaving only centimeters between them. "Yeah, I know how that feels."
"Well..." he started. They made eye contact one more time, and Jimin closed the gap.

----------------

woooo Sorry if this was horrible. I was writing it during a vacation so my mind was kind of everywhere.

(Oh look you read this lol this was pointless)