final

Problem Solved

“Hey, Boo, are you ready to go?” Hansol asked as he rounded the corner of the aisle, his shopping basket filled with snacks and whatever else he had found. Seungkwan was mumbling to himself as he held two different colored lip balms.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. Nearly.” Seungkwan said absentmindedly as he looked up from the lip balms and glanced at Hansol before quickly looking down again.

Hansol walked up to him, opening his mouth to say something, but Seungkwan beat him to it.

“How do I know which one is the best?” he asked, while moving his eyes from one lip balm to the other, and then back again. “They both claim not to smudge, but how will I know?”

Hansol rolled his eyes. “Just buy ‘em both if you’re uncertain.” he said with a simple shrug of his shoulders. Make-up wasn’t really his forte. Sure, he would wear some BB cream once in a while when his skin would break out, but that was mostly it. And maybe sometimes – but only sometimes – a little bit of eyeliner if he felt fancy enough.

Seungkwan shot him a look that looked as if Hansol had insulted his great grandmother or something. “You know I don’t have the money to buy both.”

“I don’t think you even have the money to buy one of them, let alone both.” Hansol muttered under his breath, though Seungkwan had still managed to hear it.

“Rude.”

Hansol chuckled softly as he swung his arm around Seungkwan’s shoulder. “So, what seems to be the problem?” he asked as he looked at the two lip balms in his hands.

“Well,” Seungkwan began, and Hansol knew a rant would follow. “There’s these two colored lip balms that I really like, and both claim not to smudge, but how do I know for certain that they don’t? I mean, I tried them both on the backside of my hand and they hardly smudge, but of course it will be different when I wear them, ‘cause—“

Eventually Hansol zoned out. While Seungkwan was ranting about the lip balms – which Hansol could care less about to be completely honest – his eyes had shifted, from the lip balms in question, to Seungkwan’s face.

Hansol had to admit, he did fancy Seungkwan quite a bit. It wasn’t just his gorgeous looks, such as his pretty brown eyes, or how cute he looked when he would jut out his lips while talking, making it seem as if he were pouting. It was also his personality that had Hansol crushing hard on his friend. His sarcasm and jokes, the way he cared for others, and there was just so much more. Hell, he even liked the diva side that would sometimes (a lot of times) appear.

And if he wasn’t mistaken (or if their friends weren’t, because they had pointed it out to him a lot of times), it seemed that Seungkwan fancied him too.

It was then that a random idea occurred to him.

“Maybe you just need to try them on properly and see how well they hold?” Hansol proposed, letting his arm fall back beside his body from Seungkwan’s shoulder.

Seungkwan looked at  him before nodding, “Yeah, good idea.” He then opened one of the lip balms, a soft pink color, and started applying it on his lips.

Hansol couldn’t help but look at him while he applied it.

Seungkwan smacked his lips after he rubbed them together to even out the lip balm. After he looked at himself in the small mirror that was hanging on the wall, he turned to face Hansol. “Now, how do I find out whether it smu—“ Seungkwan’s words were abruptly cut off by Hansol’s lips.

Hansol had curled his fingers around Seungkwan’s neck and then proceeded to press his lips against Seungkwan’s own lips. He kissed him softly in case Seungkwan didn’t want to be kissed, but it wasn’t a famous k-drama dead-fish-kiss either. Soon, he felt Seungkwan kissing him back. It took Hansol all of his willpower not to grin too widely. Eventually, he pulled back and opened his eyes. He glanced at Seungkwan’s lips before looking at his eyes, noticing the bewildered and flustered look on the boy’s face.

“This one’s great. Didn’t smudge at all.” Hansol said as he grabbed the lip balm out of Seungkwan’s frozen hand and put it in his shopping basket. He turned around and started walking away, a triumphant grin visible on his face.

“B-but- But-“ he heard Seungkwan stammer. “We- I still need to know if the other one smudges!” He heard Seungkwan say, followed by his hurried footsteps towards him.

The grin on Hansol’s face widened.