III ; him

saudade

 

 

 

 

 

jimin sighed.

all of her coworkers had been peskering her for taehyung's number the entire week.

she knew it'd be troublesome on his end if he began to receive tons of odd messages (although she's sure he already does)

her colleagues had already begun spreading the news to their friends, sending them in flocks to the restaurant ; which was good for business but poor for her health.

 

she was collecting dirty dishes from a table when a group of college girls approached her. 

they scanned her up and down, frowning at every stain on her uniform. 

jimin coughed, "do you guys need something?"

a girl stepped forward, "we heard you have taehyung oppa's number. everything will be easy if you just tell me the digits."

 

jimin rolled her eyes, "i'm busy right now," and pushed through the crowd with the cart.

they ran after her and followed everywhere jimin walked.

thirty minutes passed until she couldn't withstand the flies anymore. 

"no offense but can you piss off? i'm working right now. don't you have anything better to do?"

 

"do you know who we are? we are oppa's number one fan group who have attended every single one of bts's concerts, purchased all of his merch but the one thing we cannot obtain is his number. having it will bring me one step closer to being his wife," a girl reached her hand out and grasped nothing, imagining her fake wedding.

jimin could barely contain her laughter, "wait here a sec," and headed into the kitchen where the manager was. 

 

"old man! you won't believe what's been following me around for the past half hour," she shouted over the fryer.

he stepped out, "what?"

she grinned, "a bunch of girls who want that idol's number and all think they're gonna marry him."

he immediately burst out laughing, "what a bunch of bull! and you want me to shoo them away, i'm assuming."

jimin nodded, "you got it, boss."

 

he shook his head, "there's been a little too much ruckus ever since that guy came here." 

the manager followed her out and slowly coaxed the girls out the door.

when he reentered the restaurant he patted jimin's back, "they were a stubborn bunch."

 

suddenly, her back pocket vibrated, surprising jimin

she pulled out her phone and swiped up.

taehyung had texted her, "do u wanna hang out this weekend? we're having a private party and it'd be nice if u could come."

with little hesitation she simply typed, "no."

she returned her phone to it's original place and continued her normal routine working around the joint.

 

because it was friday, her shift ended quite early at three pm.

after changing into her casual clothes, she immediately headed to a local market to buy groceries. 

while jimin was closely inspecting the tomatoes to find the ripest one, high pitched screams began to fill the building.

she looked towards the source of noise and saw a crowd surrounding something near the entrance.

 

she stopped for a moment.

taehyung's head suddenly popped out from the crowd.

jimin shook her head, she was just hallucinating.

but for extra precautions, she speed walked towards the bathroom.

 

but as she was to pull the the door to the female bathroom, 

the male bathroom opened and a somewhat short guy with pink hair stepped out. 

he glanced at her for a milisecond until a voice behind her shouted, "jimin!"

she froze and slowly turned around.

 

except she saw a taller male with dark chocolate hair patting the pink haired guy, "we thought you got lost or something."

the pink guy whined, "but i really had to go!"

jimin quickly turned around and stepped into the female's bathroom. 

she paced back and forth.

were they teasing her or was the guy's name actually jimin?

 

after about ten minutes she peeked out the door and saw the market had returned to it's casual bustle.

she heaved and returned her focus to selecting tomatoes

 

jimin arrived at the checkout and was searching her purse for her credit card,

when the cashier, likely a teenager still in high school, timidly asked, "are you jimin, by any chance?"

she immediately looked up, surprised that a stranger knew her name, "yes..."

"oh!" the cashier smiled, "it's just that you look a lot like my grandma's childhood friend."

she quietly added, "she talks about you all the time."

 

"ah," jimin looked over at the growing line and aggravated faces, "what's her name?"

"hyekyung," she answered while placing the groceries into plastic bags.

jimin immediately recognized her name and tried her best to smile while swiping her card.

"tell her i said hello," jimin waved as she picked up the bags.

 

jimin tried to walk as fast as possible before her tears started spilling out.

she managed to deposit the bags onto the passenger seat and sat in the driver's seat crying for a while.

memories flashed through her mind as she reminisced her juvenescence.

 

jimin immediately drove over to ayeon's house.

she pulled out the spare key from under a shingle and opened the front door.

not surprisingly, her friend wasn't home because she was still at work.

she lied on the couch in the living room before shuffling through channels on her tv.

 

jimin had originally met ayeon at a party yerin invited her to.

a quick introduction immediately set off a spark between the two.

jimin's sarcastic jokes complemented ayeon's poor puns.

 

around six pm, ayeon arrived home and unlocked the garage door.

she nearly screamed when she saw jimin on her couch but sighed when she recognized her confidant.

jimin immediately sat up, "let's go drinking."

ayeon shook her head, "i literally just got off work. at least give me an hour to eat and relax," she rolled her eyes, "geez jimin."

 

jimin lied back down and pouted, "fine."

 

it was about nine pm when jimin drived the duo to their favorite local bar. 

they both ordered brown ales when ayeon exhaled, "so what happened."

jimin immediately began, "i was buying groceries when the cashier turned out to be the granddaughter of one of my best childhood friends."

she took a sip of her ale, "it was during high school when my family suddenly had to move because we couldn't keep up with the rent. i just disappeared and didn't even say goodbye."

tears began to stream down her cheeks, "i probably hurt her really bad. i'm such a trashy friend."

 

ayeon gently smiled, "you're over a hundred now, jimin. you should know by now that everything isn't your fault. stop blaming yourself."

"hey!" jimin whined, "let me loathe myself for right now."

 

ayeon ruffled jimin's hair as she continued to spew hate at herself and slowly get drunk.

jimin had passed out on the counter and was drooling on the marble when ayeon checked her phone.

it was nearly midnight and ayeon gently shook jimin's shoulders, "let's get you to the car,"

she hung jimin's arm around her shoulders and helped her stand up.

 

as she began to head to the door, it opened and revealed three striking guys.

tipsy females walked to them like moths to light.

"are you those bangtan idol guys," a girl with slurred words pointed at the trio. 

 

although they wore masks and caps quite low to try to hide their eyes, ayeon could tell they were quite attractive. 

weight pressed against her shoulder and she returned her attention to her current problem at hand.

she barely managed to slip through the crowd and out the door without getting slapped a few times.

while pushing through, ayeon did notice that one of them turned to look at jimin specifically and lifted his hand, as if he were about to call about. 

although she ignored him, she wondered if jimin had anything to do with the men.

 

ayeon layed a mumbling jimin deep in slumber on the passenger seats and drove her home. 

 

jimin suddenly awoke in her bed. 

a cool breeze slipped through her curtains as she checked the time. 

"four am," she whispered.

a headache suddenly made her head throb, "what happened?" she asked herself as she tried to recall the night a few hours ago. 

"ah!" jimin quietly exclaimed.

she remembered going drinking with ayeon after she had met her childhood friend's granddaughter.

 

she stood up and groggily walked towards her bathroom. 

she the light and pulled her hair up into a loose ponytail. 

jimin splashed cool water onto her face and slightly winced at the sudden crisp feeling. 

she dried her face with a towel and looked up at her mirror.

a large black spot sat right in the center of it. 

 

"huh?" jimin leaned forward to touch the spot. 

suddenly, half of her finger that touched the dot disappeared.

she jumped away and her back slammed against the wall behind her. 

her whole body was quivering as she lifted up her hands. 

all of her fingers were intact. 

 

"oh my god," jimin sat on the floor, "oh my god."

just how much alcohol did ayeon let her drink? 

she looked back up at the mirror and realized the spot had grown in size. 

before she even had the chance to stand up, a person abruptly sprouted from the black hole and fell onto jimin. 

 

"w-what?"

 

 

 


 

 

hi, this is marina!

feel free to comment thoughts, theories, requests, etc. as i'm trying to be proactive in replying to comments

and happy april fool's day!!