03 ; shattered

reborn ↠ hyungwonho

shatter
ˈˈʃatə/
verb
past tense: shattered; past participle: shattered
1. break or cause to break suddenly and violently into pieces.
2. damage or destroy (something abstract).
3. upset (someone) greatly.

❝Like the tides my heart is broken. Like the wind my heart is shaking. Like the smoke my love faded away. It never erases like a tattoo❞- Haru Haru by Big Bang

♧ 
03. Shattered
{status : edited}
{count : 2,000 words}

A few hours after Hoseok had drifted to sleep, Hyungwon had woken up once again in a cold sweat. His lips once again positioned to call out an unknown name, tears tracking down his cheeks. His thin body shook like a leaf in the wind, his heart racing. The brunette tried again to form the name on his lips again "Won.Won-ho" he slowly put together, unaware of Hoseok's body jerking slightly at the name. Hyungwon now had a name to the boy plaguing his mind for the past ten nights, which eased him a little but his mind still wondered why he always awoke with the sense of familiarity on the front of his mind. He pushed away his thoughts, curling himself in the covers to retry catching up on sleep, internally praying that knowing the name would mean that the nightmares would let up. 

However, Hoseok had been awake for almost two hours, shocked awake when his second name passed Hyungwon's lips. It was a dangerous warning to the blonde male, one that shouldn't have arrived within a mere five days. Last century, it had taken almost a month to remember any sort of fragment of who Hoseok was which killed him slowly. Now this Hyungwon was remembering him within days, which caused fear to boil in his stomach whilst the others were probably cheering. He had chosen the worst day out of them all to remember, the six boys being at their weakest as they missed the eighth link to their jibdan. 

Jooheon was right when he said that they were stronger together, that was how it was structured. It's impossible to be a loner jal tansaeng, their bodies craved for stability found in the links. It didn't necessarily mean that the more links meant more stability, rather it was the relationship with the other half of the link. Stronger relationship would equal stronger link which acculumated to a stronger jibdan. Hoseok sighed, feeling the warm liquid begin to pool beneath his back, making his once-clean tank cling to him like a second skin. Out of the eight Hoseok was the one who suffered the second-most, Kihyun having a horrible twisted and bloodied past. Luckily enough that Hyungwon was a deep sleeper, as the said-male began to scream his lungs out in pure agony. Hoseok got out of bed, shockwaves of pain racing across his body with every small movement. He opened the door to meet the pained faces of the other four, Kihyun's door locked to keep them out for this reason. 

"It's been eight years" Hoseok choked out, as a particularly strong surge went through his entire body "Eight years and it continues to get worse" he finished, grasping the sides of the doorframe for stability. "It's because Kihyun is still holding on to that hope— but it will kill him" Minhyuk panted out to answer Hoseok, cuddling Hyunwoo although he gripped in the male tight when his body flinched at the torture. "There's is almost no possibility that Mi—that he could still be alive, it's been far too long" Hyunwoo said, his voice calm as he was the easiest one of the five to push away his emotions. 

"Eight years or not, he will continue to hold on. He gets the shortest amount of time with his, out of all of us. This time was the longest he has had with him, since the beginning so I see why he would" Changkyun said seriously, dropping the playful tone that he was common for around Hyungwon. It was true that he was usually the playful trickster, but the current situation called for the youngest male to become calmer. "You can't say much" Jooheon spat out, making the other four wary as the small dimpled-male's rare temper could be disastrous. "You've remembered only in the past... what three months. Give it a break, have a think about poor Wonho who has to deal with his being so close, plus the fact this entire goddamn problem rests on that poor boys shoulders" he continued, his voice becoming almost-acidic as he laid out the main problem that the boy's currently had to deal with. 

"It's fine Jooheon" Hoseok said calmly, motioning for the other male to come to him after he closed his and Hyungwon's door, to prevent the sleeping male from possibly waking up and hearing their conversation. It was bad enough now that the process was already faster than usual, but hearing this would make the problem twice as bad as it already was. The dimpled-male accepted the comfort provided by Hoseok's arms, cuddling into his chest and soothing himself down. Hoseok looked up, letting Jooheon relax against his chest as he did so "It's fine Changkyun, I understand what you meant. You know how we are all on edge currently, so nothing is your fault" he calmed down the younger male who was blinking back tears from Jooheon's words. Changkyun usually wasn't emotional around the group, but hearing his other-half's sharp words was like a stab directly into his heart. Hoseok's eyes flickered to Hyunwoo's temporarily, displaying the sadness from the group being so unusually-broken today. "Jooheon" he leaned down to whisper in the smaller male's ear "Changkyun's almost in tears, I know you didn't really mean that. Please go apologise, I'm truly alright" he finished. 

Jooheon looked apologetically at his other half, pressing their foreheads together. Hoseok and the cuddling pair in the opposite doorway watched the struggling couple, having to deal with the most romantic-type problems out of the four couples. After pressing his forehead to Changkyuns, Jooheon closed his eyes "Changkyunnie~, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to be so rude to you, it was really harsh and wrong of me" he apologised softly, the other male's head being slightly bowed to prevent the rest of them seeing the trails of clear liquid leaving his eyes. "It-It's o-okay" Changkyun stumbled over his words, hiccuping a bit as the cries were locked inside his chest "I-I'm go-oing t-to go li-ie dow-wn" he finished and broke away from their forehead touch, turning around and heading back into their room. Jooheon sent quick glances to the other three males before following Changkyun into their room, closing the door after himself as he went to provide the crying male with further comfort. Hoseok turned towards the cuddling couple, gesturing for them to follow him into the kitchen "Come on, I won't be able to get back to sleep now".

With three cups of the warm brown drink made, the three eldest males held one between their palms as the steam once-again wafted lazily from the brightly coloured mugs. The pain had subsided a little, Kihyun's heart-wrenching screams turning into loud sobs. The boy's eyes became glassy as Kihyun's agony came through their link, Hyungwon being spared as the link hadn't been formed properly yet, "He called out my name in his sleep" Hoseok spoke up, swirling the mug in his hands and watching the surface ripple. Minhyuk gasped "Your name, you mean it's like last time? He's dreaming about when—" he spoke but cut himself off when their keen ears heard a rustling from Hoseok's shared room, holding their breaths as they waited to see if the brunette male had actually woken up. Minutes passed by slowly and the three of them waited, but Hyungwon didn't show up so they continued their conversation. "Out of all the possible memories his soul could have picked, why would it choose your last moments together?" Hyunwoo questioned and Hoseok shrugged his shoulders, he himself not knowing the answer to the question that had been on his mind since his name had left Hyungwon's lips. 

"I don't know what this means, if I'll get him back earlier or not, but I am not going to mess it up. My hearts grown tired, I've grown tired, I don't think I can handle losing him again" He spoke seriously, clenching the mug between his hands as he spoke the decision he had come to in his mind aloud. "It been almost forty centuries Wonho, we've all grown tired. We aren't the only ones who have to deal with loss remember— Junmyeon's jibdan have to deal with the loss of three every century, Seungcheol's jibdan has to deal with the loss of four. It sounds horrible, but we should be grateful that we are lucky to only deal with the loss of one" Hyunwoo said, his arm moving to rest against the snowy-haired male's waist, drawing in strength through their bond. 

"What Hyunwoo is trying to say" Minhyuk started, looking at his boyfriend softly before focusing his gaze on the blonde male "Is don't give up. Hyungwon is special. You know that, we know that. He always has been, right from the very start. He is our natural-born leader, one day this too-long battle will be over and we can live in peace, just hold on" he finished, taking a long drink from the mug in front of him before getting up to place the bright pink and pastel-blue mug into the sink. "I'm heading back to bed, baby come join me once you're done. I'm exhausted already and I've only been up and hour" Minhyuk stated before walking back to their room, Hyunwoo nodding to his proposal. Their door being softly closed, Hyunwoo turned to the last male "I know you're scared, you can't hide that. It's fast I know, but you need to hold on Wonho. It will come at its own time, you have to treasure what you have" He said before getting up and walking down the hallway to join his boyfriend.

Two hours had now passed since the blonde had woken up, Hoseok now sitting in the kitchen by himself as everyone else headed back to bed. He swirled his mug, blinking back traitorous tears that were threatening to escape. Hoseok had always been an easy crier, having a soft-heart beneath the tough exterior required to be able to enter the walls. His body cried out for Hyungwon, cried out for the warmth he was so used to receiving from the boy. Usually when he used to be sad, he would climb into the younger male's bed, Hyungwon immediately pulling into into a cuddle whether he was asleep or not. The tears threatened to escape again as he realised that it would be a while before he was able to do that. Sighing, he tipped the remainder of his drink out as his flipping stomach prevented him from drinking it. He immediately headed down the hall, opening the door to their room to find Hyungwon still sleeping softly. 

Deciding not to get into his bed, Hoseok placed a light kiss on the boy's forehead. Hyungwon's eyes fluttered a little but stayed shut so Hoseok kissed him again swiftly on the cheek before climbing into his bed. He'd wait an hour before getting him up.
✗✗✗

hey guys,

first of all, sorry that it has been so long since i've updated this fanfiction. it is harder to write chapters for reborn rather than caffeine or shy hearts, since it actually has a really strong story line plus the fact that the chapters are four times longer. second thing is that i am sorry for the confusion that may be caused due to this chapter, with the whole 'eighth link' question. it will become known in due time, just like hoseok and hyungwon's past so just be patient. i love you all and i wish you all the best for the upcoming christmas. 

thanks

♡ 베일리 ♡ 
{♡ Bailee ♡}