Chapter 6

Listen to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 19-years-old Seungwan was walking aimlessly around her campus, going anywhere her feet was taking her. She was listening to some random songs through her earphone, bobbing her head to the beat of the song. She has no class today which was probably the only chance for her to rest her tired body and mind. Plus, majoring in pre-med isn’t as easy as she thought it would be, even though she is one of the most genius student there.

 

The brunette then unconsciously found herself standing in front of the arts & music faculty building. This building isn’t too foreign for her, especially since she took music as a minor and not surprisingly excel in it. Wendy can play the guitar, piano, flute, saxophone, bass and many other instruments. You name it, she can play it. Due to her talents both artistically and academically, Wendy is probably one of the most respected and looked-up-to students there.

 

The brunette walked into the building without thinking much, head still bobbing to the beat of the music she was listening to.

 

After spending few minutes inside the building, Wendy finally managed to find an empty practise room. There were a few instruments inside the room including a complete band set and a grand piano. Walking inside the room, the girl unplugged her earphone and put her bag aside, immediately taking a guitar resting on the guitar stand at the corner of the room. Wendy sat on one of the seats there, strumming the guitar while humming to some random tunes. After few minute of humming, Wendy finally started to sing.

 

Her melodious voice echoed through the empty room, and was sure to attract students nearby to peek through the door. But thankfully, Wendy was alone.

 

Or so she thought.

 

“Woah.”

 

Hearing the foreign voice, Wendy immediately stopped singing and whipped her head towards the front door. She furrowed her eyebrows as soon as she was met with a girl she had never seen before. The girl was around her age, few inches taller than her. Her hair was the shade of sun – tied to form a bun – and Wendy had to admit she was awestruck with the girl’s appearance.

 

Wendy didn’t realize that she was staring at the girl in front of her for a long time, until the girl smiled bashfully and scratched her nape shyly.

 

“Your singing is really good.” The blondie complemented Wendy and the latter cracked a smile, feeling her cheeks heated up since this is probably the first time someone had genuinely complemented her.

 

“Thanks. I didn’t realize that you’re listening to me singing.” Wendy stood up and placed the guitar back to the guitar stand. Her eyes kept on scanning and travelling on the girl in front of her. The blondie was wearing a plain black T-shirt and a grey baggy pants. The brunette assumed that the girl in front of her had just finished practicing due to the sweats that were trickling down her face and neck plus the half empty water bottle.

 

“Well, I was about to walk away from here but heard a soothing and breath-taking voice. So I had to check.” The girl replied Wendy and was now standing in front of the latter with a warm smile on her face. “Didn’t realize the owner of the voice is as beautiful as her voice.”

 

The compliment caught Wendy off guard and her face was now in a deep shade of red, and she suddenly felt hot even though the room was air-conditioned. “T-Thanks.” Wendy squeaked. How pathetic, the brunette thought silently while mentally face-palmed herself.

 

“I’m Wendy by the way.” Wendy said as she reached out her arm for a handshake.

 

The blondie accepted her handshake in a heartbeat as she shook Wendy’s hand while still smiling widely.

 

“I’m Seulgi.”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Wendy and Seulgi clicked almost instantly. They would spend time with each other almost all the time since Seulgi is probably the only friend Wendy has in the whole university. Those two were like the definition of best friends as they would do everything together. Be it eating, doing their assignments – though both of them had different majors – dancing, and even do buskers once in a while. Surprisingly, Seulgi is really good in singing, and at that moment, Wendy had already fell head over heels towards her bestfriend, though she hated to admit it.

 

But, life sure do works on its mysterious ways.

 

It was Seulgi who confessed to Wendy first. Both of them were practising at the practise room together at that time. They were preparing for the performance for prom which was a few weeks from now. Wendy was quietly strumming the guitar while Seulgi was browsing through the lyrics, chewing on her nails. It was a weird sight for Wendy since she knew Seulgi was not the type to chew on her nails, except when she was extremely nervous.

 

Noticing that Seulgi has been chewing her nails for a few minutes now, Wendy heaved a little sigh of worry as she patted the girl in front of her softly. Seulgi was startled at Wendy’s sudden action even though the pat was a soft one.

 

“What are you nervous for? We’ll do well Seul.” Wendy assured the girl in front of her but Seulgi merely nodded.

 

“I-I’m not nervous about the performance, Wan-ah.”

 

“Then what is it?”

 

“It’s just-“ The taller of the two stopped talking, contemplating whether to say it or not. “It’s nothing.” Seulgi sighed and stood up from the floor, walking around the practise room to ease her nervousness.

 

“Hey Seul.” Wendy placed the guitar on the floor and stood up as well, walking towards Seulgi who was a nervous wreck. “You know you can tell me anything. “

 

“Well, not this one.”

 

The brunette furrowed her eyebrows as she held Seulgi on the shoulders, staring right through the latter’s eyes. “I hate it when you tried to hide something from me.”

 

Taking a deep breath, Seulgi closed her eyes as she bit her bottom lip. “I…”

 

“You…?”

 

“I… like you. More than friends.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter