Chapter 2

Listen to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy decided to register to a sign language class after she met Irene. Fortunately for her, she learned most of the signs fast, due to her cleverness, after all, she’s called doctor for something. As time goes by, Irene uses less and less of her notebook to communicate with Wendy, saving time and also energy.

 

They were at Irene’s music shop, due to Wendy caring nature, she helped Irene to renovate her music shop, making it look like a brand new shop. After few months of hard work, they finally finished renovating the shop, minus the few stacks of disc rack need to be moved.

 

Grunting, Wendy sat down tiredly beside Irene on the clean tiles of the shop. Wendy was tired due to carrying (dragging) the disc rack to a new, suitable spot on the shop. Irene wanted to help but Wendy was insisting on making Irene rest, after all, this is the only day Wendy was free at the week and most of the time Irene was cleaning the shop alone while Wendy was at the hospital. Irene giggled silently at Wendy’s grunting. Wendy smiled at Irene’s no-sound giggling.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

Irene shook her head left and right while smiling. Wendy smiled back at Irene.

 

“Alright then…”

 

Wendy looked around the shop, satisfied at their hard work for renovating the shop.

 

“Irene.”

 

Irene looked at Wendy with a confused face.

 

What? Irene made a hand signal.

 

“Come live with me.”

 

Irene looked at Wendy with wide eyes. Irene moved her hand vigorously, hand-signaling Wendy.

 

Why?

 

“Why? Irene we’ve known for months now. Both of us know that you live alone in your rented apartment. Live with me, you can save most of your money. I live in my house alone too.”

 

Irene grabbed her notebook in her bag, and Wendy know that Irene wanted to write something long, since Wendy can’t decipher Irene’s hand signal if Irene wanted to say something long.

 

I’m afraid that I am a burden to you… You’ve help me enough Wendy, with this shop and all. I can’t ask for more.

 

Wendy frowned, not happy with Irene’s statement. Wendy held both of Irene’s shoulder firmly.

 

“Irene, listen. I barely help you with anything. All I do is visit you during my lunch time which is only half an hour long. And if you’re afraid that you’re disturbing me, don’t worry. Most of the time I’m at the hospital anyway.”

 

Wendy looked at Irene with a hopeful pair of eyes. Irene still look unsure, but smiled nevertheless. They stared at each other for almost a minute, and then Irene nod.

 

Fine.

 

“Really??”

 

Wendy was way beyond happy, and Irene nod her head again, she was sure of her answer this time. Wendy then hugged Irene tightly since she was very happy at Irene’s answer. Irene just smiled and chuckled silently, feeling happy at her close friend’s antics.

 

~~~~~~

 

“You can just place your luggage here, I’ll take it upstairs. You can roam around the house if you want to.”

 

Irene was bewildered, Wendy’s house is humongous. Irene couldn’t believe that Wendy lived in the house alone. Irene went to the bathroom in front of her room and was shocked more.

 

Damn. Her bathroom is bigger than my room in my old apartment.

 

Irene walked inside and was in awe at the bathroom. Irene didn’t realized that Wendy was behind her for quite some time now.

 

“Why are you hanging your jaw wide? It’s just a bathroom, Irene.”

 

Irene was startled, and turned her body towards Wendy abruptly.

 

Irene gestured her hand all over the place. It’s humongous, Wendy.

 

Wendy laughed.

 

“Not as big as your new room.”

 

Wendy laughed more when Irene jaw opened wide the moment she entered her room.

 

“So, what do you think?”

 

Irene was too excited, and kissed Wendy’s cheek, making Wendy’s cheek as red as a tomato.

 

I love it. And my bed’s mattress is purple in color.

 

“Hehehe I know it’s your favourite color, Joohyun.” Wendy scratched her nape.

 

Irene liked it, no she loved it when Wendy called her Joohyun. It made Irene feels like she’s accepted again. Like she feels normal again. The only people that called her Joohyun was her family, and this is the first time since a few months that Irene was called Joohyun. The last person who called her Joohyun was her one and only beloved Yerim.

 

Thank you, Wendy.

 

“Naaah it’s nothing. This is the least I can help. I’m going to work now Irene…” Wendy pout, making Irene chuckled at Wendy’s cute pouting.

 

Work well.

 

“I will, if you’re hungry or something, there’s food at the kitchen and if you’re bored, I got my Xbox at the living room. I’m going now, text me if you need anything.”

 

Irene just nod cutely at Wendy. Irene walked Wendy to the front door to say goodbye to Wendy. Wendy patted the latter’s head before going to work.

 

“See you in a few, Joohyun.”

 

Alright Wendy.

 

~~~~~~~

 

“Joy, I think I like her.”

 

Wendy’s bestfriend, who is also a doctor, slammed her hand on the table of Wendy’s private office in the hospital.

 

“I knew it Seungwan! I knew you like Irene, eversince you told me how happy you felt when you met her.” Joy was laughing like a maniac, happy that she was right all this long.

 

“How-“

 

Joy then put her index finger on Wendy’s lips.

 

“Sushh Wendy, we’ve been friends eversince you entered medical school with me. Of course I know everything! I even know that you’re hungry, like right now.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter