Chapter 4

Listen to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: There is a very bad surgery procedure written by me so I’m sorry if it doesn’t make any sense.

 

 

The next day, Wendy felt light headed, her head hurts like hell. She wanted to get up but something, no, someone was preventing her to do so. She opened her eyes, rubbing it in process. The first person she saw was Irene. Irene was sleeping peacefully in front of her. Irene's arms were wrapped around Wendy's waist, spreading warmness around Wendy. No wonder she was sleeping comfortably last night. Wendy took the time to memorize Irene's facial features. Now Wendy realized, how ridiculously beautiful the girl in front of her was. Those cat-like eyes, the pointy nose and those perfectly curved pink lips. Those lips were so perfect, so kissable. And Wendy was trying her hard not to lean forward, to which she failed miserably. She was feeling something weird in in the pith of her stomach. A good kinda weird. Wendy realized how badly she wanted to kiss the girl. A kiss wouldn't hurt, would it?

 

Wendy leaned forward, towards Irene, closing her eyes in the process. Wendy’s heart was beating so fast that it felt like her heart would rip out of her chest. Miraculously, Irene was still sleeping. Their lips were inches apart and Wendy can feel Irene’s steady breath every time she leans closer to the latter.

 

What the am I doing? Wendy thought even before her lips could met Irene’s.

 

Suddenly, Irene flinched, startling Wendy.

 

Frantically, Wendy backed away from Irene so hard that it made her fall on the floor and made Irene woke up in a blink of an eye. Wendy’s eyes were opened so wide that it might fell off of its socket. Irene groaned and sat straight sloppily, opening her eyes slowly and rubbing it. Irene looked around and as she saw Wendy on the floor with a terrified look, it made Irene even more confused.

 

Wendy, what are you doing on the floor? Irene asked Wendy.

 

“It’s n-nothing. I’m l-late for work.” Wendy said while stuttering and stand up quickly.

 

Work? Wendy, its Sunday for god- Before Irene could finish her hand gesturing, Wendy already flee off the scene and dashed to the bathroom, slamming the door shut.

 

What had happened to her? Irene thought and shrugged.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Okay, its official. Wendy is acting weird the whole day today. Why is she even avoiding me? What have I done wrong?

 

Wendy is indeed acting weird. Every time Irene wanted to start a conversation with Wendy, the latter will only ignore her and pretend (it’s obvious, Irene thought) to be busy with her work. It’s been four hours since Wendy even look at her and Irene had enough. Clad in thick clothes, Irene walked out of the house and slammed the door shut, making Wendy startled (she’s playing with her Xbox, yeah, that keeps her busy anyway). Wendy looked around and notices that Irene had left the house.

 

“Great…” Wendy groaned and slumped her body on the couch. “Just great…”

 

~~~~~~~~

 

“So… she’s avoiding you the whole day?” Yeri asked Irene curiously.

 

Having no other choice (and friends), Irene decided to hang out with Yeri in the café nearby. Yeri wanted to refuse Irene’s offer but the thought of Irene treating Yeri for free foods and drinks (especially at Yeri’s most favourite store ever), she just has to say yes. So here they are, Yeri eating some fried chicken while Irene drink a hot chocolate to ease her annoyance towards Wendy.

 

Yeah. And I don’t even know why. Irene frowned while gesturing her hands.

 

“Maybe you’ve done something terribly wrong last night?” Yeri asked, emphasising the word ‘terribly’ while shoving down a drumstick into . It makes Irene confused sometimes, how come her VERY petite sister has an appetite like an elephant.

 

I didn’t even do anything! All I do is cuddle her to sleep, and she’s the one who asked me to stay anyway… Irene frowned more. Hell, Wendy really does make her confused.

 

“You what?!” Yeri whisper-shouted, loud enough to earn them a few glares from across the café. Plus, she almost chocked on her chicken.

 

Yah Yerim, you’re too loud! Irene glare and slap Yeri’s shoulder, not too hard but not too soft either.

 

“Unnie I told you she really likes youuuuuuuu….” Yeri cooed, ignoring Irene’s ‘painful’ hit.

 

If she does than why do she even ignore me?

 

“Maybe because something made her do that…?”

 

Yeah right, you’re an idiot Yerim.

 

“Trust me unnie, I’m right and I am not an idiot.” Yeri said proudly, with full of food.

 

Irene just roll her eyes, not believing any word that comes out of Yeri’s mouth.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Irene sighed while looking at her wrist watch. It’s 8 o’clock already and she is standing in front of the door. She noticed that Wendy’s car was nowhere to be seen, and assume that Wendy is at the hospital, probably she has an emergency surgery. It’s always like that, Irene thought.

 

Irene walked into the house with a heavy heart and immediately stepped into the living room, switching on the TV and lay down on the couch lazily.

 

Stupid Wendy. Irene groaned quietly and punched on the pillow angrily.

 

Irene’s eyes were on the TV but her mind was at somewhere else.

 

Why is Wendy so late? Has she eaten? Is she doing just fine? Where is she anyway?

 

Those questions were lingering around Irene’s mind for hours now and it seems like she can’t do anything about it by the way she walked around the living room while biting her nails.

 

After few hours of walking impatiently, much to Irene’s dismay delight, she heard the door opened and she quickly snapped her head towards the door, revealing a very tired Wendy walking in with her white coat on her right hand.

 

Irene run toward Wendy and quickly engulfed her into a tight hug, making Wendy startled. Irene hated it when her heart decided to betray her brain. Even though Irene is mad at Wendy, she couldn’t help but to feel worried over the younger girl. Wendy hugged Irene back, relieved that Irene is no longer mad at her. Wendy buried her face in Irene’s neck, inhaling Irene’s sweet fragrance. They stayed in that position for a few minutes before Irene broke the hug and frowned at Wendy, her arms were still wrapped around Wendy’s neck. On the other hand, Wendy’s arms were still wrapped around Irene’s petite waist.

 

”Why…?” Wendy asked, a little scared of Irene’s expression.

 

Where have you been? I’m worried of you. It’s almost midnight now. Irene gestured her hand while frowning.

 

“I-I’m sorry… I was trying to find you when you barged out of the house but the hospital called me about an emergency surgery…” Wendy said with a worried and tired expression.

 

Irene sighed and hugged Wendy again.

 

It’s okay… atleast you’re fine now…

 

“Irene, listen… I’m sorry about earlier to-“ Irene placed her index finger on Wendy’s lips, making the latter stopped talking.

 

I said it’s fine…

 

Wendy just nod at Irene; the older index finger was still on Wendy’s lips.

 

Holy her finger is so soft…

 

Oh my god her lips is so soft…

 

~~~~~~~~

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter