The Secret

A REVENGE

Chapter 2

 

Jiyong immediately sat up when Taeyeon mentioned her brother. He felt hatred welling up in him. He had ruthlessly pursued Taeyeon to make her half-brother Seunghyun suffer as much as he did but that was no longer an option. He didn’t want Taeyeon to be involved with what her brother did. He had gotten to know Taeyeon really well over the weeks they’ve been together. From what he had gathered, Taeyeon had distanced herself from Seunghyun because she didn’t approve of his philandering ways. She left all the comfort and luxury of home to live her own life. Although, Seunghyun had tried to keep in touch because he does sincerely love his sister, she had steadily refused to have anything to do with him.

 

Jiyong had tried to convince himself that he was still in this for revenge but he can’t fight himself anymore; he had ended up falling for his enemy’s sister. Her beauty, her innocence, her spirit, her compassion, everything about her he loves. He had been stressed, thinking of ways to let her off gently, not wanting to inflict any more damage. He knew that she was in love with him. Hell, he made sure that she would fall for him.

 

“What’s wrong Jiyong Oppa?” Taeyeon suddenly felt cold and vulnerable.

 

“I’m sorry. I need to make an important phone call to China.” Jiyong said, and he gently wrapped the blanket around Taeyeon, “Go to sleep. I’ll be right back.”

 

Jiyong was pacing back and forth in the living room, “What do I do now? I can’t leave her, not now. What will her brother do when he finds out who I am?” Jiyong agonized. He never meant for things to get this far but that near accident really shook him and made him realize how much Taeyeon meant to him, “What do I do?” He didn’t want to lose Taeyeon. He had to do something quick before Seunghyun gets back from ia.

 

He must find a way to keep Taeyeon with him and deal with Seunghyun later. Jiyong had made up his mind. He silently opened the bedroom door, not wanting to wake Taeyeon up in case she was sleeping.

 

“Oppa?!” Taeyeon softly called out, “Did you make your phone call?! Is everything okay?!”

 

“You should be resting.” Jiyong said gently, as he sat on the bed, “You’ve been working too hard.”

 

Taeyeon grinned, “We’ve been through this a million times, I have to work hard to pay my bills.”

 

“Marry me. I’ll take care of everything. You never have to work again, for the rest of your life.” Jiyong raised Taeyeon’s hand and kissed it.

 

“W…What?”

 

“Say you’ll marry me.” Jiyong was starting to get nervous.

 

Taeyeon didn’t know how to respond. She hugged Jiyong and felt his heart pounding furiously. That settled everything for her.

 

“Yes.”

 

Jiyong grabbed her and gave her a big kiss, “Come on, get dressed.”

 

“Where are we going?” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“We are going to my friend right now and get married.”

 

“WHAT?! Are you crazy? I have to tell my brother. I have to get packed. I have to work tomorrow.” Taeyeon thought that this was a dream.

 

“I’m not crazy. We can tell your brother later. No need to packed, we’ll buy everything we need there. I’ll send someone to cover you for both your jobs tomorrow and my friend’s house is only a couple of hours away from us if we take my private jet.” Jiyong finally managed to convince Taeyeon and off they went to Jiyong’s friend who is a judge to get married.

 

~

 

“And I now pronounce you man and wife.” The judge said.

 

Taeyeon was glowing with happiness. She still can’t believe that Jiyong and her were married. Something nagged her at the back of her mind, ‘He never even said he loved me.’

 

~

 

“I still can’t believe we’re married.” Taeyeon said laughingly, while looking at their marriage certificate, “I’m married to Kwon Jiyong.” She thought and then, it dawned on her, ‘Kwon Jiyong? Jiyong.’ She said as her eyes got bigger, "Are you The Kwon Jiyong?”

 

Jiyong grinned and said, “And what exactly did you mean by ‘The’?”

 

5465407244365023 took a good look at her new husband, “Are you the owner of Kwon Gambit Corporation?”

 

“Oh, you mean that.” Jiyong’s smile got even wider, “As a matter of fact, yes, I do own Gambit.”

 

‘Imagine that.’ He thought to himself, ‘All those girls want to get me because I’m rich and I ended up marrying someone who doesn’t even know my reputation in the business world.’

 

“Oh my gosh.” Was all Taeyeon could say. There certainly were a lot of things she still doesn’t know about her husband but who hasn’t heard of the Kwon Gambit Corporation. It was one of those little computer companies that had a new concept on games and now, everyone buys their products, ‘And my Jiyong Oppa was the one who started it.’ Taeyeon was now looking at Jiyong with awe.

 

“Taeng?” Jiyong said, “Does it make any difference?” He was starting to get uncomfortable with the way Taeyeon was looking at him.

 

“Wow.” Was all Taeyeon could manage as she tried to digests all these information, “Besides, dealing with the shock of finding out that I’m married to a billionaire, is there anything else I should know about you?” She asked teasingly.

 

Instantly, Jiyong tensed up and looked away. What could he say? That he pursued her so that he can get back at her brother? Jiyong thought wildly to himself. Then, he turned back to a worried looking Taeyeon, “All you need to know about me is right here standing right in front of you. Nothing else is important.” Then, he opened up his arm to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon sighed with relief and rushed towards Jiyong for a hug.

 

~

 

Later that day, “Oppa, look at the cute baby!” Taeyeon exclaimed. They were at a fancy department store buying clothes and whatever necessities they needed on their impromptu trip.

 

Jiyong smiled as he looked at the baby who was gurgling happily while playing with her father, “Yes, she’s adorable.” He said, smiling at Taeyeon.

 

“I’ve always wanted a boy and a girl, how about you?” Taeyeon said, as she held onto Jiyong’s warm hand.

 

Jiyong stiffened up. Again, Taeyeon felt alarm going off in her head, ‘What’s wrong?’ She thought to herself. On one hand, Jiyong was loving and thoughtful. On the other hand, there are these moments when Jiyong seemed so remote. Then, she shrugged the feeling off, ‘He must still be uncomfortable about being married.’

 

 

“Taeng.” He looked at his wife’s expectant face, “Let’s talk about babies some other time.” He gently said. With a shy nod, Taeyeon agreed.

 

~

 

A week after the wedding, “Hello Taeng, what are you doing?” Jiyong called Taeyeon at home.

 

“I’m still trying to find my way around our mansion.” Taeyeon teased. She couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw how big Jiyong’s home was and she’s still getting used to the idea of having a butler, maids and chauffeurs and she thought her brother was doing alright with his business but he was nowhere as affluent as Jiyong.

 

As a matter of fact, Jiyong had opened a bank account for her and had put a huge amount of money in it for her to use however she wants. He had insisted that she quit her jobs and had taken care of all the details of having her moved from her apartment. Taeyeon was okay with regards to the moving part but when it came to her jobs.

 

“Oppa, I can’t sit around the house doing nothing!” She had argued.

 

“Why don’t you take a month off from work and rest a little bit, you’ve been working too hard. Take this time to settle in and we’ll talk about your work later.” Jiyong had coaxed.

 

“Haven’t you seen all the signs I’ve posted around the house to help you find your way?” Jiyong teased right back.

 

This became a running joke for the couple after Taeyeon lost her way to the kitchen on her first day at the house.

 

“I have two words for you, shut up!” Taeyeon retorted.

 

“I’m sorry to tell you this but I have to leave for San Francisco tomorrow.” Jiyong finally said.

 

“For how long?” Taeyeon asked in a sad, disappointed voice. They’ve never really been apart since the first day they’ve met and she felt that she already missed him.

 

“I’ll only be gone for eight days.” Jiyong didn’t want to go either but this meeting was set up some time ago and he had totally forgotten about it until his secretary reminded him about it this morning.

 

“I’ll be home early; maybe we can watch a movie or do whatever you like tonight.”

 

More silence.

 

“Taeng? I wish I didn’t have to go either. I promise that I’ll take you with me next time I go on a trip okay?”

 

Taeyeon struggled out of her disappointment and tried to sound cheerful when she said, “Don’t worry about me Oppa and just come home as early as you can.”

 

“I miss you already.” Jiyong said, before putting the phone down.

 

“Now, where is that necklace I got for Oppa?” Taeyeon was muttering to herself. Then, she looked at the picture of a pretty young girl by Jiyong bedside table.

 

 

 

 

Kwon Miyoung, Jiyong’s deceased half-sister. Taeyeon was still not sure what happened to her, all she knows was that Jiyong would get very upset every time she would ask about Miyoung.

 

There were so many drawers and closet in their bedroom and remembered stuffing the present somewhere to hide it from her husband and now, she was looking all over for it. She happened to spot her telephone directory in one drawer and reminded herself to call Seunghyun. For some reason or another, Jiyong always distracted her whenever she wanted to call her brother. Then, she thought fondly, ‘That chicken, probably just afraid to meet the relatives.’

 

She opened another drawer and started blushing as she saw the birth control pills. Jiyong had said that he wanted her all to himself for a while and they can think about having babies later on. Except for that first time, Jiyong had always been careful, ‘Well, let’s try this drawer.’ She thought to herself.

 

Taeyeon felt chills all over her body when she opened a drawer and saw a file with her brother’s name on it. With trembling hands, she lifted the file and went through it. It was as if a rock settled on her stomach as she started reading.

 

She stopped reading the rest when she saw her name. She flipped the page and saw her brother’s picture. Then, with some premonition, she looked at the second photo.

 

“Taeng, I got home early as promise.” Jiyong trailed off, as he saw his wife sitting on the bed with a stricken look on her face, looking at… ‘Oh God, NO!’ How could he have forgotten about that file?

 

“Taeng.”

 

His wife looked up at him with a dead expression, then she asked in a flat voice, “Please answer my question honestly, did you intentionally court me to get even with my brother?”

 

Jiyong closed his eyes and swallowed, “Taeng, please listen to me.”

 

“ANSWER ME!”

 

“Yes, but…”

 

“YOU BASTARD! I love you and you were only using me.” Taeyeon got hysterical, crying and throwing things at Jiyong.

 

“Taeng, please believe me, I love you.” Jiyong implored.

 

“Don’t lie to me. Now everything makes sense. No wonder you never told me you loved me. No wonder you wouldn’t even consider having babies with me. No wonder you always found an excuse to postpone meeting my brother. To think I was making excuses for you all these times. YOU WERE JUST USING ME!” Taeyeon was crying so hard she didn’t see where she was going and stumbled.

 

Jiyong was at her side instantly, holding her tightly as she continued to struggle in his arm, “Taeng, please give me a chance to explain.” Seeing that his words were making no impact on his hysterical wife, he started kissing her. Soon, Taeyeon stopped struggling as her body responded to his kisses.

 

Jiyong tried to show Taeyeon how much he loves her by his action that night, he worshipped her body and fully gave himself to her. Later, as they lay spent in each other’s arm, Jiyong whispered, “I love you.” and held her tightly.

                                 

Taeyeon didn’t say a word as tears started gliding down her cheeks.

 

~

 

Jiyong woke up the next morning with a feeling of dread, “Taeng?!” He called out, as he felt the empty space next to him.

 

He instantly stood up and looked around until his eyes fell on a picture right on top of his nightstand. He instantly went paled as he reached out for it.

 

On it was Taeyeon’s beautiful smiling face. She had written ‘An eye for an eye’ across it. Right beneath it, Taeyeon had added, ‘Now you got what you wished for’ in bright red.

 

Jiyong felt tears in his eyes as he slowly crumpled onto the floor, “Taeng. Don't leave me.” He whispered. 

 

 

 

 

HELLO!! So how's the story guys? I hope you love this as much as you love my other fanfics. Thanks. 

Don't forget to leave your comments.

 

 

 

~TheHeartlessVixen~